Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Thread 6.0!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would people recommend online college or community? Ive got so many questions and im sorta having a panic attack (I think so never really had one before). The business I work for is being sold/signed over to a new owner and I'm really starting to worry about my future here because the new owner we've never really seen eye to eye.

I've got 1000's of things running through my mind and it really sucks. All I know is that if I get fired/ the company gets shut down (The new owner isnt the brightest, which is part of the reason we dont see eye to eye) Im going to apply for colleges. In High School I didn't do the greatest, not enough to get me into any colleges other than community (I believe).

If you guys recommend online over community which ones do you recommend? same with community over online (harder because most people dont know the area/schools)

Im thinking if the unfortunate does happen Im going to try for community college ... if I can keep my job here Im thinking about doing online just because it will fit my schedule easier.

Im probably going to have more questions and it be greatly appreciated if there are answers.

We the North
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
would people recommend online college or community? Ive got so many questions and im sorta having a panic attack (I think so never really had one before). The business I work for is being sold/signed over to a new owner and I'm really starting to worry about my future here because the new owner we've never really seen eye to eye.

I've got 1000's of things running through my mind and it really sucks. All I know is that if I get fired/ the company gets shut down (The new owner isnt the brightest, which is part of the reason we dont see eye to eye) Im going to apply for colleges. In High School I didn't do the greatest, not enough to get me into any colleges other than community (I believe).

If you guys recommend online over community which ones do you recommend? same with community over online (harder because most people dont know the area/schools)

Im thinking if the unfortunate does happen Im going to try for community college ... if I can keep my job here Im thinking about doing online just because it will fit my schedule easier.

Im probably going to have more questions and it be greatly appreciated if there are answers.

I did 2 years Community College and I just finished my first term at a University. I would say I have enjoyed my path. I'm gonna owe WAY LESS than others who went all 4 at the university. Community was easier and was more flexible with its classes. Just my first term at the University has been way crazier than any term at a community college. So if you have the patience....do 2 years at a CC and then transfer. Its worth it.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy online college. I can attend class whenever I want. I don't have to do group work or depend on anyone else to complete my assignments. I can watch TV or listen to music while "Attend" class. My books are free and completely online. I'm using my GI Bill too so my college is free.

Last edited by Vikefan79 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicatedxx wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

I did 2 years Community College and I just finished my first term at a University. I would say I have enjoyed my path. I'm gonna owe WAY LESS than others who went all 4 at the university. Community was easier and was more flexible with its classes. Just my first term at the University has been way crazier than any term at a community college. So if you have the patience....do 2 years at a CC and then transfer. Its worth it.

Thats the route im going if I do community ... try and find all the classes that count for credits and all that jazz.

Ive settled down alot thankfully ... Im just always looking 10 years ahead and for a few minutes got pretty scared Laughing

We the North
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Finals week goals.

Calc: Score minimum of 79% to maintain 3.0. 90% nets a 3.5.
Goal: 90% or above.

Orgo: Score minimum of 67.26% to maintain 3.0. 87.25% nets a 3.5
Goal: 67.25% or above (an 87% just isnt going to happen.)

Physics: Score minimum of 72% to maintain 3.5. Need more than 100% net a 4.0.
Goal: 72% or above

Material & Energy Balances: Score minimum of 61% to maintain 2.5. 81% nets a 3.0
Goal: 61% or better (high score last year was 84%. Hoping for a curve to get that 3.0)

What sucks is I could feasibly score under my goal in all those classes except Physics. Luckily, even Worst case scenario for finals, my GPA for the semester will still be above 2.4, which is all I need to get into the college of engineering.

But it looks like Ill probably finish the semester with a 3.0 or better if I prepare properly, which I will.

How is everyone else looking to do?

As it stands now:
Accounting - 97%
-Exempted the final
Marketing - 92%
-Exempted the final
Management - 86.5%
-Waiting on the curve to decide whether I'll take the optional final
Economics - 94%
-Have to take the final but have pretty much locked up an A if I don't bomb it...which I feel pretty confident I won't
Theatre - 87%
-Aiming for an "A" on the final so I can get my A in the course...kind of ticked at myself for slacking off in this class...would have had the A right now but I skipped a bunch of classes and didn't study for the 3rd test Laughing

My management professor has yet to curve the final 2 exams(but he says he will) and he says he'll curve the overall class. So as it stands now, with a decent curve, I'll lock in a B+ and maybe get lucky and eek out an "A" if I choose to take the final.

Theatre, I'm going to study my butt off for the final because I'll be embarrassed as hell if I only manage a B+ in that class.

So I've all but locked up a 3.8 and am aiming for a 4.0.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
G Harmon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad I only got a B in my Calc Class, atleast I got a B in Spanish when I thought I was going to only get a C.

HATE when teachers dont post grades at all till their due.

You dont now your academic standing till its time for them to turn in your final grade.

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
McCarroll21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
As it stands now:
Accounting - 97%
-Exempted the final

What accounting class are you taking?

Thrillhouse wrote:
Our QB is overrated? Have fun watching him polish his overrated rings and trophies.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

Thats the route im going if I do community ... try and find all the classes that count for credits and all that jazz.

Ive settled down alot thankfully ... Im just always looking 10 years ahead and for a few minutes got pretty scared Laughing
Community college is a great way to continue your education without breaking the bank. Online college can be fine, as well, but it really depends upon the student's work ethic. I'd suggest signing up for an online class at a community college to see how it goes. If you really stay on top of things, then maybe online college can work for you. If you're like me, though, you probably will get behind, making it a much less worthwhile endeavor.

Sounds like you've put a good amount of thought and planning into this, though. You're asking the right questions. Good luck!

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Community college is a great way to continue your education without breaking the bank. Online college can be fine, as well, but it really depends upon the student's work ethic. I'd suggest signing up for an online class at a community college to see how it goes. If you really stay on top of things, then maybe online college can work for you. If you're like me, though, you probably will get behind, making it a much less worthwhile endeavor.

Sounds like you've put a good amount of thought and planning into this, though. You're asking the right questions. Good luck!

My goal(s) at the end of this is to, well end up with an education. And two end up with as little student loans as possible.

Ive still got alot to think/worry about but I may take you suggestion and sign up for an online class at the community college I choose. Ive never taken an online class before (wish I did in HS to prepare myself) ... But I feel like I would be spending too much of my time on the internet goofing off instead of studying.

Im gonna talk to my mom about it and see what she suggests, plus I could use a good home cooked meal as well Laughing

We the North
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one week stands between me and being done with a tough semester. Just 5 finals to go!

As for me and what I'm looking at so far? 2 B's 1 B+ 1 B- and a C+

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCarroll21 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
As it stands now:
Accounting - 97%
-Exempted the final

Managerial Accounting

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So guys I need some help here.

After High School I didn't really want to go to college for awhile, but I did anyways. Not really having a plan of what I wanted to do I just took classes without really mapping out anything, like Music, Business, Business Ethics, Writing classes, english classes, psychology, history.....I struggled and took five years off.

My best friend has always been trying to get me to go back and my parents really want me to get into the health field, so we came up with me being an RT (Respiratory therapist) but after a semester back in college, I've realized that I'm not really interested in that, and the one thing I've liked doing since I can remember is English/writing, it just comes easy to me. Not sure if I've just had "easy" teachers over the years but I've always gotten really good grades in those classes and every time I have a writing assignment they always love my work. Being a Sports Journalist or a English teacher is really where my hearts at but looking at it, I have 39 credits right now but only 12 of them go toward anyone of those degrees (Associate of Arts in Teaching Degree, Associate of Arts Degree) So do I just continue and try getting a general associates degree?
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
So guys I need some help here.

After High School I didn't really want to go to college for awhile, but I did anyways. Not really having a plan of what I wanted to do I just took classes without really mapping out anything, like Music, Business, Business Ethics, Writing classes, english classes, psychology, history.....I struggled and took five years off.

My best friend has always been trying to get me to go back and my parents really want me to get into the health field, so we came up with me being an RT (Respiratory therapist) but after a semester back in college, I've realized that I'm not really interested in that, and the one thing I've liked doing since I can remember is English/writing, it just comes easy to me. Not sure if I've just had "easy" teachers over the years but I've always gotten really good grades in those classes and every time I have a writing assignment they always love my work. Being a Sports Journalist or a English teacher is really where my hearts at but looking at it, I have 39 credits right now but only 12 of them go toward anyone of those degrees (Associate of Arts in Teaching Degree, Associate of Arts Degree) So do I just continue and try getting a general associates degree?

You gotta be the one who is going to work those jobs the rest of your life, do what you want and what you love. So if you think you can afford to get a degree in English, go for it. Just make sure it's the path you want to take.

Also, if you want to do sports journalism, I recommend trying to get internships ASAP and making connections. It's a really hard field to break into. Also wouldn't help to try to get writing experience in the field...might be able to find sites on the internet for that.

Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
McCarroll21 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
As it stands now:
Accounting - 97%
-Exempted the final

Managerial Accounting

Hey that was the last class i took at my CC before i transferred. We talked alot about inventory, manufacturing cost, product costing, and a little payroll. Are you an accounting major?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicatedxx wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
McCarroll21 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
As it stands now:
Accounting - 97%
-Exempted the final

Managerial Accounting

Hey that was the last class i took at my CC before i transferred. We talked alot about inventory, manufacturing cost, product costing, and a little payroll. Are you an accounting major?

Nah. I'm a Sports Management Major but Accounting is part of the curriculum. I just am very good at Accounting because it's all memorization and I have a near photographic memory.

But it doesn't interest me enough for me to want to pursue it as a career.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 66 of 100

Jump to: