Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Consensus Big Board RB #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Consensus #1 RB
Joseph Randle
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
Giovanni Bernard
37%
 37%  [ 33 ]
Mike Gillislee
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Andre Ellington
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Le'Veon Bell
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Stepfan Taylor
12%
 12%  [ 11 ]
Eddie Lacy
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
Knile Davis
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Montee Ball
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
Rex Burkhead
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 87

DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
Nobody wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
Why are people worried about shelf life? Running backs as a whole don't have a long shelf life. And having a lot of college carries is less predictive than any other aspect. What's the excuse for RB's who didn't have a huge workload in college?
RBs generally have short shelf lives so why does it matter if he has an even shorter one?
What?

Too many carries=short shelf life
Too small=short shelf life
Injury prone=short shelf life
Any reason I can think of=short shelf life

Taylor is 5'11" 220 lbs, hasn't missed a game that I can remember in college, and will end up with less than 850 carries over 4 years of college ball.

So he doesn't fit any of the criteria you've stated = a short shelf life.

Basically you are saying he'll have a short shelf life because you say so.
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
Nobody wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
Why are people worried about shelf life? Running backs as a whole don't have a long shelf life. And having a lot of college carries is less predictive than any other aspect. What's the excuse for RB's who didn't have a huge workload in college?
RBs generally have short shelf lives so why does it matter if he has an even shorter one?
What?

Too many carries=short shelf life
Too small=short shelf life
Injury prone=short shelf life
Any reason I can think of=short shelf life

Taylor is 5'11" 220 lbs, hasn't missed a game that I can remember in college, and will end up with less than 850 carries over 4 years of college ball.

So he doesn't fit any of the criteria you've stated = a short shelf life.

Basically you are saying he'll have a short shelf life because you say so.

Read my previous posts. I'm poking fun at those who "say so".
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
I don't know what Foster you've been watching, but this year Foster is going down at first contact every time.

The Foster that is patient, uses his blocks and has a nose for the endzone. He has the ability to break arm tackles too, but this season has not done that so much.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Nobody wrote:
I don't know what Foster you've been watching, but this year Foster is going down at first contact every time.

The Foster that is patient, uses his blocks and has a nose for the endzone. He has the ability to break arm tackles too, but this season has not done that so much.

Frankly, if you're going with that system, I think there's better value in the draft. Check out Latavius Murray. Very similar to Arian Foster imo. Same running style, similar size and Murray, like Foster, is a great ZBS fit. He'll likely be around in the 5th to 6th round.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Jet Life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Knile Davis is the most similar to Arian Foster
bruschidawg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Not seeing it at all with Bernard. He almost always goes down on first contact. Not physical at all. Always dancing through these giant holes.

I think people see production and a back for all 3 downs. He and Ellington are pretty similar though. I'd say Taylor is the most NFL ready back but, let's face it, this isn't exactly a RB rich class. LOL

Thanks to Tzimisce

bannanasrUSC wrote:
I guess I am a massive troll homer. Smile
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
khodder wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Frankly, if you're going with that system, I think there's better value in the draft. Check out Latavius Murray. Very similar to Arian Foster imo. Same running style, similar size and Murray, like Foster, is a great ZBS fit. He'll likely be around in the 5th to 6th round.

Team Latavius Murray FTW

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Nobody wrote:

"Nose for the endzone"? Just because a guy has 14 untouched 6 yard TDs, it doesn't mean he "has a nose for the endzone", and as Jrry said, if you want a ZBS back, you can find a one-cut guy in the later rounds just fine. If Montee goes where he should he'd be a great pick for the right team.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
No Lattimore? Laughing

he dislocated his knee...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
khodder wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Team Latavius Murray FTW

Wow first time I've heard him mentioned on FF!

Watched every UCF game this year and am definitely in love with what I saw from him throughout this season. Reminds me a lot of his (somewhat) predecessor Kevin Smith. Definitely think he could be a pretty nice steal for whoever gets him.

IrishGreen wrote:
we're all gonna make it
willy_law

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randle... LeSean McCoy clone

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
khodder wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Team Latavius Murray FTW

Wow first time I've heard him mentioned on FF!

Watched every UCF game this year and am definitely in love with what I saw from him throughout this season. Reminds me a lot of his (somewhat) predecessor Kevin Smith. Definitely think he could be a pretty nice steal for whoever gets him.

Me and Rab have been trying to spread his name around. Caught my eye in 2010 against UGA in the Bowl game. Have been trying to get some more UCF games which has proven a challenge to really get a good amount of evaluation. But from what I've seen, he's a one cut down-hill runner with good patience and vision, impressive burst for his size and quick feet. Although he's not as powerful or bruising as his size suggests, he still will fight for extra yards, falls forward and can run through arm tackles.

Not a flashy guy but a HB who gets what is there, utilizes cutback lanes and knows how to set up his blocks. Plus he has good hands out of the back-field. Would like to see better blitz pick-up from him though.

However, that might have improved this year. As I said, I really want to see more games of him from 2012.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what's the knock on ellington that I see him rated as a 3rd-4th round prospect?

Seems to me like he has the best vision among the guys I've seen. Great one-cut runner too.

Seems like a 2nd round guy to me, maybe even late 1st depending on how he runs.

Not a huge guy, but seems to be running well between the tackles this year and getting some yards after contact.
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
so what's the knock on ellington that I see him rated as a 3rd-4th round prospect?

Seems to me like he has the best vision among the guys I've seen. Great one-cut runner too.

Seems like a 2nd round guy to me, maybe even late 1st depending on how he runs.

Not a huge guy, but seems to be running well between the tackles this year and getting some yards after contact.

I like Ellington and I agree with what you said but he's 195 pounds or so, he needs to get bigger and he needs to get stronger in his lower body to be able to be relied upon more at the next level. I love his acceleration and his vision but not sure how good he'll be at running through arm tackles at the next level and he's not a good pass protector.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: