Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 14 GDT: COWBOYS @ BENGALS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacman says Wade Phillips and Defensive Staff was "Horrible"

Quote:
"I was horrible in Dallas and the coaching was horrible, too; from the top down," Jones said. "Zim is a demanding guy. He's a technique guy and with me being a raw athlete, that's the type of guy I need around me. The Zimmers, the Marvin Lewises, the guys that keep you grounded, that keep you in shape. Some guys get comfortable and let your technique lapse. These guys stay on you."

Newman was there in 2008 and says that Jones himself will say he wasn't in shape. Newman has also seen how much Zimmer has meant to Jones's play.

"That was a different situation. He wasn't ready for that situation, mentally or physically," Newman said. "He has a lot of respect for Zim. Zim is the ultimate technician. No matter who plays his defense, technique is always going to be prominent. With that type of coaching, there's no reason he shouldn't be a great one

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Adam-Jones-thanks-Zimmer-and-Lewis-Whit-wants-no-aid-Awards-pile-up/067b88b8-ca32-4641-9b2b-3f92127c8476

Zimmer on Romo

Quote:
“When he was a young guy, I remember him staying out at practice and throwing the ball into the net at the targets for hours and hours and doing all of those things. I remember all the positives that have gotten him to that point. When I watch him play now, I’m still a Tony Romo fan. I get to game plan against quarterbacks every single week in the NFL, and the people in Dallas need to understand that this guy is as talented of a guy as there is and he can do everything they want him to do. If something goes bad, they’re going to get on you but sometimes, the grass isn’t always greener with the next guy you bring in. I think Romo is a terrific quarterback. He does things that no other quarterback in the NFL can do.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121205-bengals-dc-mike-zimmer-on-tony-romo-people-in-dallas-need-to-understand-that-this-guy-is-as-talented-of-a-guy-as-there-is.ece

Zimmer on Dez Bryant

Quote:
He really reminds me in a lot of ways of Michael Irvin. The way he can go get the football, his acceleration, his run after catch, his strength, you know Michael was great. He used to push guys off. Dez seems like he has great strength when running routes in press. He’s made some unbelievable catches on back shoulder fades that (Tony) Romo has thrown to him. In the Redskins game, he caught that ball and ran about 65 yards. He turned on the jets on that one. I think he’s a tremendous football player. They have a lot of talent there.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121205-bengals-dc-mike-zimmer-on-dez-bryant-he-really-reminds-me-in-a-lot-of-ways-of-michael-irvin.ece

Murray wearing steel toed cleats

Quote:
Cowboys starting running back DeMarco Murray is wearing three steel turf toe plates inside his shoe to help protect his left foot from further injury.

Murray didn’t practice Wednesday at Valley Ranch. The Cowboys held him out for precautionary reasons to help manage his sprained left foot injury. Murray said he did some conditioning on the side Wednesday and expects to return to practice Thursday.

“They just wanted to be a little cautious about it. I got some conditioning in today, which was good,” Murray said. “I feel fine. The foot is fine. I could have went, but they just wanted to be smart about it.”

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/rb-demarco-murray-wearing-three-steel-turf-toe-plates-inside-his-shoe-to-help-with-sprained-left-foot.html/
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Bengals also waived C Jeff Faine, a tenth-year player from Notre Dame. Faine joined the Bengals as a free agent on Aug. 29. He played in Games 1-8 this season, with seven starts

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/headlines/Bengals-sign-K-Brown-waive-C-Faine-182419341.html

Anyone know anything about him?
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed nobody has mentioned this yet!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/06/cowboys-may-face-bengals-geno-atkins-with-a-starting-guard-out/

Nate Livings maybe OUT!!! He did not practice today and was seen with his knee heavily wrapped and iced. Derrick Dockery was taking all the first team reps at LG today.

I don't know about you? But I don't want to see Dockery facing Geno Atkins all game long!!!! Romo is goin to get creamed!

I think I'm going to have to revise my prediction!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was precautionary?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
The Bengals also waived C Jeff Faine, a tenth-year player from Notre Dame. Faine joined the Bengals as a free agent on Aug. 29. He played in Games 1-8 this season, with seven starts

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/headlines/Bengals-sign-K-Brown-waive-C-Faine-182419341.html

Anyone know anything about him?

He was awful in limited time for us replacing Kyle Cook and it eventually led to Faine being replaced by undrafted rookie Trevor Robinson; BJGE has gone nuts running the ball since.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
I'm amazed nobody has mentioned this yet!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/06/cowboys-may-face-bengals-geno-atkins-with-a-starting-guard-out/

Nate Livings maybe OUT!!! He did not practice today and was seen with his knee heavily wrapped and iced. Derrick Dockery was taking all the first team reps at LG today.

I don't know about you? But I don't want to see Dockery facing Geno Atkins all game long!!!! Romo is goin to get creamed!

I think I'm going to have to revise my prediction!

Atkins abused Livings in practice last year, there's no way around at least two sacks. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ the Claiborne/Carr debate, Claiborne basically just plays RCB, Carr typically plays on the left but gets moved to safety occasionally and I think the slot sometimes.

Green scares the poop out of me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
@ the Claiborne/Carr debate, Claiborne basically just plays RCB, Carr typically plays on the left but gets moved to safety occasionally and I think the slot sometimes.

Green scares the poop out of me.

I usually bench an opponents player on my fantasy because it's hard to root for them. But it is the playoffs and I will not bench Green. It doesn't matter what we do or who we have on him. He will get at least 5 catches. And he will get fade opportunities in the end zone.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'll be a close game. A lot of talent on both sides of the ball for both teams. It'll come down to execution...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I think it'll be a close game. A lot of talent on both sides of the ball for both teams. It'll come down to execution...

We have a head coach that is an absolute stickler for execution. That's why we don't fumble the ball on reverses, drop passes, blown assignments or commit pre-snap penalties, etc.

We're all about the execution in Dallas.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

We have a head coach that is an absolute stickler for execution. That's why we don't fumble the ball on reverses, drop passes, blown assignments or commit pre-snap penalties, etc.

Riiiiiight...because its the Coach's responsibility to receive the handoff, catch the ball, not blow an assignment, and not commit a pre-snap penalty....

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

I'd be lying if I said I was not excited to see what Dez does in comparison to Green this week.

For the record I believe Green has a better game. He is a little higher on Daltons priority list than Dez is on Romos.

I still have hope though. Not much else.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Riiiiiight...because its the Coach's responsibility to receive the handoff, catch the ball, not blow an assignment, and not commit a pre-snap penalty....

When those types of things happen every single week (and often from the same players), it is the coaches responsibility to fix it. Am I wrong here?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I'd be lying if I said I was not excited to see what Dez does in comparison to Green this week.

For the record I believe Green has a better game. He is a little higher on Daltons priority list than Dez is on Romos.

I still have hope though. Not much else.

Dez has been playing better than any receiver in the league the past 3 weeks, sans Megatron. Should be interesting to see what our secondary can do to slow him down. I don't think we have anyone that can match his physicality and we've always been notoriously bad at defending the back shoulder throw.

It'll come down to our D-Line providing enough pressure to help our corners out...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

When those types of things happen every single week (and often from the same players), it is the coaches responsibility to fix it. Am I wrong here?

And you truly believe he hasn't addressed it during meetings or at practice? Jimmy Robinson should get the blame then for the WR dropping balls then right? I mean, he is considered one of the leagues top WR coaches. And also for Ogletree not receiving the handoff correctly? And Bill Callahan (also a very highly regarded OL coach) should be getting blasted for the pre-snap penalties. And why is Rob Ryan getting a pass for his defense's blown assignments?

My point and personal opinion is that it ultimately falls on the players to execute the assignment they are given. Coaches give the assignment; the players do the assignment. Now, I know most on this website played some sort of sport in middle school or high school and some may coach it (including me). You can't tell me that your coaches didn't try to fix the problems from games during practice or film sessions only to have the same problem pop back up the very next game. Coaches can only coach and try to get their point across. Its up to the players to execute and get the job done.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 5 of 39

Jump to: