Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Atlanta Braves Thread 20-13(Simmons is pretty good)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4745
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Tommy when he came into the league. Then the velocity declined and he turned into a #3/4 SP. We have a lot of SP depth so I don't mind this at all.

Frank is about to find us a leadoff guy. I'm saying it's Victorino.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28815
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Loved Tommy when he came into the league. Then the velocity declined and he turned into a #3/4 SP. We have a lot of SP depth so I don't mind this at all.

Frank is about to find us a leadoff guy. I'm saying it's Victorino.


Read some rumors about that as well. Umm, not sure how I feel about that though..............................
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BladeKor


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 948
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they was going to sign somebody, they should sign Swisher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BucsCanesFan6


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 565
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
If they was going to sign somebody, they should sign Swisher.



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeastM0de23RB


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 12165
Location: Upstate, NY /G\
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 17 starts before the All-Star break in 2011, Tommy Hanson was 10-4 with a 2.44 ERA and a .190 Opp. Avg. Since then, he is 14-13 with a 4.96 ERA and a .277 Opp. Avg.

As for Walden, he held lefties to a .171 average with 31 Ks in 2012.
_________________

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeastM0de23RB


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 12165
Location: Upstate, NY /G\
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF

+



=


_________________

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6381
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we're out of it for upton. If we stay pat, what do you think our lieup looks like? My guess:

1. Prado, lf
2. uggla, 2b
3. Heyward, rf
4. Freeman, 1b
5. Upton, cf
6. McCann, c
7. Francisco, 3b
8. Simmons, SS

It's really though to see where everyone slots in. Prado is your prototypical 2 but he's the best option at lead off as well. Uggla gets on base but I could see Simmons there as well. Even upton if needed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14334
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Looks like we're out of it for upton. If we stay pat, what do you think our lieup looks like? My guess:

1. Prado, lf
2. uggla, 2b
3. Heyward, rf
4. Freeman, 1b
5. Upton, cf
6. McCann, c
7. Francisco, 3b
8. Simmons, SS

It's really though to see where everyone slots in. Prado is your prototypical 2 but he's the best option at lead off as well. Uggla gets on base but I could see Simmons there as well. Even upton if needed.

1. Simmons, SS
2. Prado, LF
3. Upton, CF
4. Heyward, RF
5. Freeman, 1B
6. McCann, C
7. Uggla, 2B
8. Francisco, 3B

6-8 can be rotated on who's hot at the time. I could also see Upton at the 5 and Heyward and Freeman at the 3 and 4 like you had them.

It'd still be great to get another outfielder somewhere and let Prado take third.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BucsCanesFan6


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 565
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Looks like we're out of it for upton. If we stay pat, what do you think our lieup looks like? My guess:

1. Prado, lf
2. uggla, 2b
3. Heyward, rf
4. Freeman, 1b
5. Upton, cf
6. McCann, c
7. Francisco, 3b
8. Simmons, SS

It's really though to see where everyone slots in. Prado is your prototypical 2 but he's the best option at lead off as well. Uggla gets on base but I could see Simmons there as well. Even upton if needed.

1. Simmons, SS
2. Prado, LF
3. Upton, CF
4. Heyward, RF
5. Freeman, 1B
6. McCann, C
7. Uggla, 2B
8. Francisco, 3B

6-8 can be rotated on who's hot at the time. I could also see Upton at the 5 and Heyward and Freeman at the 3 and 4 like you had them.

It'd still be great to get another outfielder somewhere and let Prado take third.


1. Simmons
2. Prado
3. Heyward
4. Freeman
5. Upton
6. Uggla
7. McCann
8. Francisco

Like you said, 6-8 can be rotated. Highly doubt JHey gets taken from the 3 hole, I believe that will be his spot for the next 10+ years. And it's unlikely that we stand pat, so this will change.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6381
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Looks like we're out of it for upton. If we stay pat, what do you think our lieup looks like? My guess:

1. Prado, lf
2. uggla, 2b
3. Heyward, rf
4. Freeman, 1b
5. Upton, cf
6. McCann, c
7. Francisco, 3b
8. Simmons, SS

It's really though to see where everyone slots in. Prado is your prototypical 2 but he's the best option at lead off as well. Uggla gets on base but I could see Simmons there as well. Even upton if needed.

1. Simmons, SS
2. Prado, LF
3. Upton, CF
4. Heyward, RF
5. Freeman, 1B
6. McCann, C
7. Uggla, 2B
8. Francisco, 3B

6-8 can be rotated on who's hot at the time. I could also see Upton at the 5 and Heyward and Freeman at the 3 and 4 like you had them.

It'd still be great to get another outfielder somewhere and let Prado take third.


1. Simmons
2. Prado
3. Heyward
4. Freeman
5. Upton
6. Uggla
7. McCann
8. Francisco

Like you said, 6-8 can be rotated. Highly doubt JHey gets taken from the 3 hole, I believe that will be his spot for the next 10+ years. And it's unlikely that we stand pat, so this will change.


I lke this lineup. Only thing is I think Francisco has 30+ hr power when given 600 pa's. that kind of seems wasted at the bottom of the lineup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13924
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy they got Reed Johnson done. Man will give ya a ton of good at bats over a year and can give any of them in the OF a needed day off without lost sleep. That sign also makes me feel even better about last years trade.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7770
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little late, but I'm ecstatic that we went out and got Upton. IMO we needed to go out and make a splash in FA or via a trade.. we gave the guy tons of money.. but if he plays like he did last season here in Atlanta for us, then the big contract will be well worth it. From most of what I've read, it seems like his biggest knock has been consistency.. so like I said kets hope and prey that we get the Upton of last year consistently here in Atlanta
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 23149
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want us to bring in anyone for LF. Gattis should be given the job, after his torrid climb through the ranks. He has already hit 10 bombs in winter ball, which is usually compared to AA/AAA.

1.Simmons
2.Prado
3.Heyward
4.Freeman
5.Upton
6.Mac/Uggla*
7.Uggla/Gattis*
8.Gattis/Laird*

*All depends on Mac's health

Bench;
C-Laird
INF-Janish
INF-Francisco
OF-Johnson
OF-Constanza
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 23149
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really falling in love with the thought of Gattis as our LFer this year, but could you imagine getting Trumbo? He is perfect for the 4 hole, separating Heyward and Freeman, giving the lineup more balance.

I would assume it would cost Teheran and maybe two more prospects, which one would probably have to be a pitcher(Alex Wood maybe?) but it would be worth 4 more years of control.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like we're back in it for Justin Upton
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 65 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group