Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MMA Thread XXII | GSP-Diaz up next
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rousey-Carmouche will headline UFC 157.

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
4. Brown and Swick are expectedly getting zero attention going into Saturday night. Ashame, since both are true warriors and class acts. It could very well end up being the best fight on the main card.
It's a shame that this fight is flying so under the radar. I fully expect it to win FOTN.

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
4. Brown and Swick are expectedly getting zero attention going into Saturday night. Ashame, since both are true warriors and class acts. It could very well end up being the best fight on the main card.
It's a shame that this fight is flying so under the radar. I fully expect it to win FOTN.

Well neither of those guys are on the level of the six fighters fighting after them (although Swick was considered a contender when WW was a bit thin.) so it's not too surprising. They are definitely on the main card for a reason though, should be a sweet fight.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot express how much I dislike Rousey. I can't stand her.
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:

That's unfortunate. She's not going to lose to anybody in women's MMA right now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:

This may come of as ignorant, but I feel a woman has no business in the Octagon. I don't like ladies boxing, I don't like ladies WWE and I doubt I will like this.

Like Rousey would likely kick my [inappropriate/removed], but come on.

Anyways like the swagger of Rory MacDonald today.!! Tri-Star fighters are typically vanilla in weigh ins and press conferances, I like the spark. And in the post conference interviewed when Dana was asked about GSP, Dana replied " GSP came and said he has some unfinished business with Diaz." I cannot wait til GSP manhandles that punk
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:

She does strike me as the type to throw a fit if/when she gets beaten, I'll give you that.

Otherwise, what's not to like? She's incredibly talented, entertaining, and is very attractive to boot.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

This may come of as ignorant, but I feel a woman has no business in the Octagon. I don't like ladies boxing, I don't like ladies WWE and I doubt I will like this.

Like Rousey would likely kick my [inappropriate/removed], but come on.

Anyways like the swagger of Rory MacDonald today.!! Tri-Star fighters are typically vanilla in weigh ins and press conferances, I like the spark. And in the post conference interviewed when Dana was asked about GSP, Dana replied " GSP came and said he has some unfinished business with Diaz." I cannot wait til GSP manhandles that punk

IDK man, Rory seemed as vanilla as ever today. I honestly expected him to answer the playful Bond resemblance question with a "I wore it because I felt like it"-type response, and he sure did.

Does he give any of you guys the whole goth vibe, btw? That's usually how he comes across for me. He's pale, so that could be a part of it.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Spider would toy with GSP. I can't wait to watch it happen. Than he'll pout for awhile, and lose a 2nd fight in May in Nick Diaz's comeback. Book it.

Then Rampage will make his comeback and KTFO of Jon Jones, Aldo will move up and kick Bendo's head off, and Dana's head will finally explode from too much BS'ing, allowing Caesar Gracie to dismantle the UFC and bring back PRIDE.

What did I say man? It didn't even take a month. Guess your sarcastic humor isn't so funny after all.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

They're not getting any publicity because they are two below average fighters.

This is a card made to showcase the winner of the title fight, Rory and Gus.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Diaz get a shot before Hendricks? Hendricks is riding one of the most impressive streaks in MMA history.

Diaz hasn't fought since he lost.

Hmmmm, another example of the UFC cashing in and not giving a title fight to a more deserving guy?

Ummmmm, YEA!

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

She does strike me as the type to throw a fit if/when she gets beaten, I'll give you that.

Otherwise, what's not to like? She's incredibly talented, entertaining, and is very attractive to boot.

That's the only thing that matters, and it's the only reason she is famous. She is talented, I don't find her entertaining I find her annoying. She's like an un-funny Chael. Especially after her going after GSP. Like seriously, if you were ugly no one would care about you. Shut up.

I think the only reason she is in the UFC is because she is sleeping with Dana or something. They are quite buddy buddy.

And to Mossburg agree totally. I saw a tweet yesterday saying the UFC isn't a sport. It has become sports entertainment. That's just wonderful...

Last edited by neezy007 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Packman Luke wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Spider would toy with GSP. I can't wait to watch it happen. Than he'll pout for awhile, and lose a 2nd fight in May in Nick Diaz's comeback. Book it.

Then Rampage will make his comeback and KTFO of Jon Jones, Aldo will move up and kick Bendo's head off, and Dana's head will finally explode from too much BS'ing, allowing Caesar Gracie to dismantle the UFC and bring back PRIDE.

What did I say man? It didn't even take a month. Guess your sarcastic humor isn't so funny after all.

Except Diaz hasn't beat GSP. And that was the root of my joke. Nick Diaz is the clear underdog in that fight, and you seemed so sure (like most people in the camp I parodied in that post) that Nick is going to win that fight.

So I guess your ability to interpret my humor isn't so keen after all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
How does Diaz get a shot before Hendricks? Hendricks is riding one of the most impressive streaks in MMA history.

Hmmmm, another example of the UFC cashing in and not giving a title fight to a more deserving guy?

Ummmmm, YEA!

What do Chael, Edgar, and Diaz all have in common? (You can toss Vitor in too, but that is somewhat justified.) Meanwhile Gusty, Weidman, Hendricks, and KZ...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:

Ummmmm, YEA!

GSP requested Diaz, and if he moves up or says beats Silva, he will never finish the business. I have no problems with Diaz/GSP. The fact it will sell is just another win for Dana White here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 37 of 99

Jump to: