Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
Alec Ogletree should be undrafted. He's not a good pro prospect. Watching him get blocked is LOL worthy
So everybody should be Bart Scott? A down hill thumper who couldn't cover an Offensive Tackle? Ogletree needs some work but has some real upside as a coverage guy and he is a willing tackler.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on that one, MNPackfan32. That kids a damn stud and his game plays VERY well in todays NFL. Board value at LB comes from what you bring to the table on 3rd downs. Ogletree is very high end in that regard!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy have you seen much of Kiko Alonzo or Michael Clay? Two guys on Oregon that I think are underrated while Dion Jordan and Kenjon Barner are probably too high.

Also
1) Draft Vaccaro
2) Draft Kiko
3) Draft Clay
1+2+3=3 spanish 1st speaking players. Audibles in multiple languages guys! It will be like Colt Brennan at UH or Kobe/Pau in Los Angeles.
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel Clay needs to go about this thing the right way to even get a phone call draft weekend. That kid has thin hips and a tiny frame. Needs to pull off the same thing the Nebraska kid David did last year. Needs to come to the combine with about 15 good pounds on and still show the movement. That said, his look is not going to come in a 30 front at the pro level. You place him at the Will and let him run them down. Kids very straight line fast though, ST's value is a plus!

Alonzo is worth a look. That staff has said he will turn heads in workouts. I hope so because he has the length to excel. Coverage MLB type in this fit. Not enough sand in the pants to play the edge in Capers D. Workouts are going to be huge for him though. Some view him as a 40 front Sam. Some view him as a 30 front Mike. If he shows in shorts the ability to play both, he will push the board. Much better pro prospect than Clay though IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Alonzo is worth a look. That staff has said he will turn heads in workouts. I hope so because he has the length to excel. Coverage MLB type in this fit. Not enough sand in the pants to play the edge in Capers D. Workouts are going to be huge for him though. Some view him as a 40 front Sam. Some view him as a 30 front Mike. If he shows in shorts the ability to play both, he will push the board. Much better pro prospect than Clay though IMO.
I agree with you about pretty much everything here Laughing off field stuff raises a little question though, right? I mean it's at least something he's going to get asked about

EDIT: also here's a video with Kiko in it that I saw today Laughing
http://youtu.be/cFyP9r4V1Bk
"No Natty for you"-Oregon State fan
"Where y'all going?"-Kiko
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's going to be a problem. That staff will pound the table for him. Very telling more times than not! Was just young, good kid IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I don't think it's going to be a problem. That staff will pound the table for him. Very telling more times than not! Was just young, good kid IMO.
True. Oregon tends to lose the bad eggs before their last game in Oregon. They either follow Chip's rules strictly (Blount, Kiko) or they just mess up and never play again (Cliff Harris)

EDIT: does coach/scout-NFL interaction matter that much? I mean, I feel like coaches would just fluff up their players. Is that not the case?
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
True. Oregon tends to lose the bad eggs before their last game in Oregon. They either follow Chip's rules strictly (Blount, Kiko) or they just mess up and never play again (Cliff Harris)

EDIT: does coach/scout-NFL interaction matter that much? I mean, I feel like coaches would just fluff up their players. Is that not the case?

VERY MUCH SO! That's why it's so telling when they are not willing to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's leaking out that Lattimore is going pro and having a presser Wed. Doctors have said he should be ready in Oct.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDB wrote:
It's leaking out that Lattimore is going pro and having a presser Wed. Doctors have said he should be ready in Oct.
Like I said earlier, I think that is the right choice for him. Easy to root for that kid, hopefully he stays healthy in the NFL.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
JDB wrote:
Like I said earlier, I think that is the right choice for him. Easy to root for that kid, hopefully he stays healthy in the NFL.
Exactly. Get it while the getting is good. He might not have this chance in a year
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How early is too early to give Lattimore a shot?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:

Depends almost entirely on the medical eval at the combine. Every teams docs are going to look at it differently, but I think no sooner than round 4. In my opinion, you shouldn't draft guys on day 2 if you know they won't play as rookies.

Even if he'll be cleared to play by late October, he's still going to miss enough that he won't contribute much.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:

I've been racking my brain with that same question. On one hand, the fourth round seems to be the "injury round" so to speak (ex. Jack Ikegwuonu [Eagles, 2008], O'Brien Schofield [Cardinals, 2010], etc.), so that's where you would normally think that a player is going to be picked. But none of them were nearly as talented as Marcus Lattimore. Honestly, I could see the right team giving up a second round pick to use on him if they get the right medical clearance.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:

Two big injuries in two years I honestly wouldn't want him on our team... But I could probably buy in if we took him with our 5th...

I definitely think somebody is going to reach and take him in like the 2nd or something.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 56 of 100

Jump to: