Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Liverpool Thread III: He Scores, He Saves, Hes Gerrard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dotmotion


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 11747
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously calm down about Shelvey. You focus on that one moment but overall he had a strong game. For him, you have to take the misses because he is a home run type of player. Thought his movement was great and he help create a lot of chances for the club.

Having Lucas back is such a revelation. Southampton were stifled on the counter so many times and the defense looked so much calmer. Allowed our midfield of Gerrard and Allen to push forward and that was key creating the chances that the club did today.

Losing Suarez against the Hammers is tough but a game at Upton was going to be difficult. They play well at home and are extremely well organized. I would have taken a draw if I knew Lucas wasn't back... But now that he is, I really want to go for the win there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slept through the game, what happened?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandomHero


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 8177
Location: Chesham
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
I would have taken a draw if I knew Lucas wasn't back... But now that he is, I really want to go for the win there.

After West Ham's result today and with no Suarez I think a point is all you will be lucky to get at Upton Park.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suarez was booked?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mando323


Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 7097
Location: When you lose the chase where you're dragged against your will From a Basement on a Hill
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Seriously calm down about Shelvey. You focus on that one moment but overall he had a strong game. For him, you have to take the misses because he is a home run type of player. Thought his movement was great and he help create a lot of chances for the club.

Having Lucas back is such a revelation. Southampton were stifled on the counter so many times and the defense looked so much calmer. Allowed our midfield of Gerrard and Allen to push forward and that was key creating the chances that the club did today.

Losing Suarez against the Hammers is tough but a game at Upton was going to be difficult. They play well at home and are extremely well organized. I would have taken a draw if I knew Lucas wasn't back... But now that he is, I really want to go for the win there.


Shelvey has great movement, and that wonderful strike was unlucky. But Suarez played a great ball to him, and he blew it on the pass.

Wonder if Suarez is now a go in the EL this weekend. Makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, Suarez picked up a yellow on a handball. I forgot who it was, but they slot it it in from near post and it was a bit high. His first reaction was to reach out with his hand area.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 2 points behind Arsenal.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 17104
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Only 2 points behind Arsenal.


The only positive is that, different from last season, aside from the top 2 everyone 3rd through 10th is within 5 points. Last year at this time there seemed to be a big gulf in points after 5th/6th spot or so.

I always think this Christmas/December period is the most pivotal for the teams in mid-table. West Brom are starting to fall off the pace, and Everton are treading water albeit getting 2 points from 2 tough fixtures, who knows where they'll go from here, along with Fulham.
_________________

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ThinkICare


Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 3602
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard Enrique had another great game. Glad he could step up now.
_________________
Ice King wrote:
How 'bout me? Put me on the grid, scale of 1 to 10. 1 is "totally gross," 10 is like, "Hey, Ice King. You look crazy seeyick"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
Only 2 points behind Arsenal.


The only positive is that, different from last season, aside from the top 2 everyone 3rd through 10th is within 5 points. Last year at this time there seemed to be a big gulf in points after 5th/6th spot or so.

I always think this Christmas/December period is the most pivotal for the teams in mid-table. West Brom are starting to fall off the pace, and Everton are treading water albeit getting 2 points from 2 tough fixtures, who knows where they'll go from here, along with Fulham.


That was us Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dotmotion


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 11747
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Liverpool will face non-league opposition in the FA Cup third round having been pulled out of the hat to face either Lincoln or Mansfield.

If a player not named Suarez does not score in this game, Liverpool has a lot of problems
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ukjets21


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 18078
Location: Newcastle, from Carlisle
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Agger scored this weekend. Sterling, Sahin, Shelvey and others have all scored this season. It's just a lack of other forwards.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dotmotion


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 11747
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YB up on Anzhi. LFC needs a win here
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good result.

How was the game?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThinkICare


Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 3602
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Good result.

How was the game?


Incredibly nervy.

Joe still misplacing passes. Needs some rest.

Sahin just looked mediocre before he had to come off because an issue with his nose.

Enrique was boss once again. Didn't do too much wrong from what I remember.

Henderson looked really good from what I saw. Got the goal and was good tracking back.

Udinese just had to put Di Natale on and create one of the most nervy moments this year. So thankful it went barely over.
_________________
Ice King wrote:
How 'bout me? Put me on the grid, scale of 1 to 10. 1 is "totally gross," 10 is like, "Hey, Ice King. You look crazy seeyick"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mando323


Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 7097
Location: When you lose the chase where you're dragged against your will From a Basement on a Hill
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I hear, Hendo deserves some prem action for his EL form.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 58 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group