Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT- Saints @ GIANTS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8349
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Week 14 GDT- Saints @ GIANTS Reply with quote

Huge game here for both teams as they both try to make the playoffs.


Saints (5-7) visit the Giants (7-5) for the first time since 2006 in which the Saints dominated. Other two times in 2009 and 2011 the Saints have also dominated the Giants.

Key Stats: Offense: Both are ranked 5th
Defense: Giants: 9th---- Saints: 28th

Saints Red Zone Offense: 1st (Score TD 70%) vs
Giants Red Zone Defense: 8th (47%)

Giants Red Zone Offense: 22nd (49%)
Saints Red Zone Defense: 16th (53%)

Drew Brees Rushing Yards for Quarterbacks 50th.... (-4 yards)
Eli Manning Rushing Yards for Quarterbacks 31st.... (25 yards)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21505
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threw out the rushing stats for what reason? Laughing

Really hoping that the saints play like the aints this week ... Hopefully brees putting up multiple ints again
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8349
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Threw out the rushing stats for what reason? Laughing

Really hoping that the saints play like the aints this week ... Hopefully brees putting up multiple ints again

Just pointing out this is the first game all year that the quarterback is not a threat to take off whats so ever. Unfortunately for us he is one of the best in the pocket
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9908
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a must win for the Giants I think. I'm so tired of the "Eh, we'll kick it into gear when we need to" attitude. Go out and crush the Saints. There's no reason they can't
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21505
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
Threw out the rushing stats for what reason? Laughing

Really hoping that the saints play like the aints this week ... Hopefully brees putting up multiple ints again

Just pointing out this is the first game all year that the quarterback is not a threat to take off whats so ever. Unfortunately for us he is one of the best in the pocket


I see I see ... yea unfortunately we cant play someone like Sanchez every week
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LikesHAM


Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 1697
Location: St Louis
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like this matchup at all. Brees coming off of one the worst games of his career will be on a mission. We have to get pressure in his face and make him uncomfortable or else we are toast. Our offense HAS to cut down on drive killing penalties as well as have a good balance of run and pass. I don't think this will be a low scoring affair, it will be a shootout.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IR0NM1KE


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 11775
Location: Alderney City
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be a tough one to win considering how much NO needs this game. Plus the Giants need to paint themselves into a corner before they claw their way into the playoffs.
_________________
W O R L D C H A M P I O N S '86, '90, '07, '11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10094
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People act like the drive killing penalties is a long standing thing. It happened in one game. Relax a bit.

I think playing the Saints at home is a completely winnable game. With the pressure we can get on the QB I can see this being like a Green Bay/New England type game. Awesome QB that doesn't play as well as usual because of the pressure we can get on him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mlv


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 1591
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
People act like the drive killing penalties is a long standing thing. It happened in one game. Relax a bit.

I think playing the Saints at home is a completely winnable game. With the pressure we can get on the QB I can see this being like a Green Bay/New England type game. Awesome QB that doesn't play as well as usual because of the pressure we can get on him.


Agreed on the penalties. Gruden or Tirico (forgot which one) said the Giants were the second least penalized team in the league, only behind Atlanta.

Saints offense is completely different outdoors. Right now the forecast says 51 degrees and showers for Sunday. Extremely winnable game.
_________________
Colsrob wrote:
Wow. You really should back off of the Eli love. If anything, Eli is a negative impact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Biggsam49


Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 833
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillips needs to get healthy. He was out when New Orleans last came to the Meadowlands and Drew just had a field day attacking he-who-must-not-be-named.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 20407
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I would be shaking in my boots with the Saints coming to town. But not this time. This is the normal Saints team that annually kicks our behinds. It's a longshot for the playoffs for them. They will be playing for pride mostly. The Giants are threatened again so I expect we will execute.

Giants: 30
Saints: 13
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D-TURBULENTGMEN


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 262
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Normally I would be shaking in my boots with the Saints coming to town. But not this time. This is the normal Saints team that annually kicks our behinds. It's a longshot for the playoffs for them. They will be playing for pride mostly. The Giants are threatened again so I expect we will execute.

Giants: 30
Saints: 13


I think they'll score slightly more then that , i say there gonna score about as much as the skins scored , 17 points and of course at the of that evening we would have outscored them : )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9908
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's high time for the Giants offense to come out and dominate. If they're ever gonna do it, the time is now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15661
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints love to chip passrushers with TEs and backs as they leave for their routes. If JPP thinks it's gonig to be easier to get after the QB this week, I think he's wrong.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21505
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Saints love to chip passrushers with TEs and backs as they leave for their routes. If JPP thinks it's gonig to be easier to get after the QB this week, I think he's wrong.


Watching jpp play has really shown me that he knows how to get to the qb no matter the occasion.

Its never gonna be easy for him since he is usually double covered ... but I feel like he can/will put pressure on brees all night.
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group