Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT- Saints @ GIANTS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Week 14 GDT- Saints @ GIANTS Reply with quote

Huge game here for both teams as they both try to make the playoffs.

Saints (5-7) visit the Giants (7-5) for the first time since 2006 in which the Saints dominated. Other two times in 2009 and 2011 the Saints have also dominated the Giants.

Key Stats: Offense: Both are ranked 5th
Defense: Giants: 9th---- Saints: 28th

Saints Red Zone Offense: 1st (Score TD 70%) vs
Giants Red Zone Defense: 8th (47%)

Giants Red Zone Offense: 22nd (49%)
Saints Red Zone Defense: 16th (53%)

Drew Brees Rushing Yards for Quarterbacks 50th.... (-4 yards)
Eli Manning Rushing Yards for Quarterbacks 31st.... (25 yards)
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threw out the rushing stats for what reason? Laughing

Really hoping that the saints play like the aints this week ... Hopefully brees putting up multiple ints again

Not a Knicks fan
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:

Really hoping that the saints play like the aints this week ... Hopefully brees putting up multiple ints again

Just pointing out this is the first game all year that the quarterback is not a threat to take off whats so ever. Unfortunately for us he is one of the best in the pocket
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a must win for the Giants I think. I'm so tired of the "Eh, we'll kick it into gear when we need to" attitude. Go out and crush the Saints. There's no reason they can't
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

Just pointing out this is the first game all year that the quarterback is not a threat to take off whats so ever. Unfortunately for us he is one of the best in the pocket

I see I see ... yea unfortunately we cant play someone like Sanchez every week

Not a Knicks fan
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like this matchup at all. Brees coming off of one the worst games of his career will be on a mission. We have to get pressure in his face and make him uncomfortable or else we are toast. Our offense HAS to cut down on drive killing penalties as well as have a good balance of run and pass. I don't think this will be a low scoring affair, it will be a shootout.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be a tough one to win considering how much NO needs this game. Plus the Giants need to paint themselves into a corner before they claw their way into the playoffs.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People act like the drive killing penalties is a long standing thing. It happened in one game. Relax a bit.

I think playing the Saints at home is a completely winnable game. With the pressure we can get on the QB I can see this being like a Green Bay/New England type game. Awesome QB that doesn't play as well as usual because of the pressure we can get on him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
People act like the drive killing penalties is a long standing thing. It happened in one game. Relax a bit.

I think playing the Saints at home is a completely winnable game. With the pressure we can get on the QB I can see this being like a Green Bay/New England type game. Awesome QB that doesn't play as well as usual because of the pressure we can get on him.

Agreed on the penalties. Gruden or Tirico (forgot which one) said the Giants were the second least penalized team in the league, only behind Atlanta.

Saints offense is completely different outdoors. Right now the forecast says 51 degrees and showers for Sunday. Extremely winnable game.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillips needs to get healthy. He was out when New Orleans last came to the Meadowlands and Drew just had a field day attacking he-who-must-not-be-named.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I would be shaking in my boots with the Saints coming to town. But not this time. This is the normal Saints team that annually kicks our behinds. It's a longshot for the playoffs for them. They will be playing for pride mostly. The Giants are threatened again so I expect we will execute.

Giants: 30
Saints: 13

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Normally I would be shaking in my boots with the Saints coming to town. But not this time. This is the normal Saints team that annually kicks our behinds. It's a longshot for the playoffs for them. They will be playing for pride mostly. The Giants are threatened again so I expect we will execute.

Giants: 30
Saints: 13

I think they'll score slightly more then that , i say there gonna score about as much as the skins scored , 17 points and of course at the of that evening we would have outscored them : )
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's high time for the Giants offense to come out and dominate. If they're ever gonna do it, the time is now
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints love to chip passrushers with TEs and backs as they leave for their routes. If JPP thinks it's gonig to be easier to get after the QB this week, I think he's wrong.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Saints love to chip passrushers with TEs and backs as they leave for their routes. If JPP thinks it's gonig to be easier to get after the QB this week, I think he's wrong.

Watching jpp play has really shown me that he knows how to get to the qb no matter the occasion.

Its never gonna be easy for him since he is usually double covered ... but I feel like he can/will put pressure on brees all night.

Not a Knicks fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: