Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rex Ryan names Mark Sanchez starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBS756

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
Say it ain't so. I just heard on MSNBC that McElroy is inactivated for this week and Rex is comfortable with his decision.

Wow im actually shocked if this is true. I was okay with Sanchez starting this week on the basis that if he was anything other than great then he would be benched. This is a complete joke!

Sanchez has more pressure then ... if McElroy is not active it means Tebow is active. Which in turn means if Rex Hands Tebow a game due to poor play from Sanchez, Tebow's gonna stay in as long as he does well because the fans and media will be pushing for him like crazy.

I think Sanchez gets pulled if he has another ineffective passing performance with a stupid turn over or 2

then we have to deal with Tebow Time
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
Say it ain't so. I just heard on MSNBC that McElroy is inactivated for this week and Rex is comfortable with his decision.

There's your problem.

Until a reputable news source reports it, I'm not buying it.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
If this is true, I'm on the fire Rex train for the foreseeable future. That would be unacceptable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
If this is true, I'm on the fire Rex train for the foreseeable future. That would be unacceptable.

I've been on the fire Rex train long before this. You can't win with Rex Ryan. As fans we can only "lose better". He has a loser mentality, that will never win this team a superbowl.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing Rex doesn't have is a loser's mentality. That's a pretty absurd thing to say really.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
The one thing Rex doesn't have is a loser's mentality. That's a pretty absurd thing to say really.

Please explain? So that's why he's starting Sanchez again after Sanchez just nearly mentally exploded after the last game right? And it must be why no one else has gotten a chance to play the QB position in prior weeks despite Mark Sanchez being terrible right?...Obvious winner mentality right there from Rex.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Please explain? So that's why he's starting Sanchez again after Sanchez just nearly mentally exploded after the last game right? And it must be why no one else has gotten a chance to play the QB position in prior weeks despite Mark Sanchez being terrible right?...Obvious winner mentality right there from Rex.

Just because he's probably wrong doesn't mean he has a loser's mentality.

He's doing this because he thinks, at the moment, Mark Sanchez gives his football team the best chance to win. We can disagree with that all we want, and we'll see who's right in the end, but for you to say Rex Ryan has a loser's mentality to me says you either don't know what a loser's mentality is, or you haven't paid attention to Rex Ryan very much.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

He's doing this because he thinks, at the moment, Mark Sanchez gives his football team the best chance to win. We can disagree with that all we want, and we'll see who's right in the end, but for you to say Rex Ryan has a loser's mentality to me says you either don't know what a loser's mentality is, or you haven't paid attention to Rex Ryan very much.

That's just it though, Sanchez doesn't give us the best chance to win. That's why he was benched by Rex last week. And now he's giving him a second chance to "not win" again. I think Rex is a good coach, but his obsession with Sanchez is making this team bad.
richie jets

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with Sanchez starting it gives us a better chance to better our draft position in April . Rex sticks with his guys it's more noticeable because the qb position , but when you think about the awful play going back last year. Jim Leonard , Eric smith, Wayne hunter , there's a bunch of guys that Rex became "friends " when they played well . And he has trouble being a boss by benching them and releasing them in the offseason. Ok hopefully they learn at get canned. we as fans actually have a say " don't go to the games" if Sanchez does anything less than 2-0 105 passer rating and avg 325 yards a game the next two . the last home game should be empty if Sanchez starts , I'm hoping for a black out Vs san diego
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Sanchez is our best QB, fact. Does he give us the best chance to win...I'm not so sure. Turnovers can be the reason for any loss and I think Sanchez will prove (once again) how turnover prone he is. Turnovers =/= winning football

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? McElroy doesn't look good and doesn't look like the future. Its a wash year anyway, I don't really care who they start at QB.

Tebow might be best b/c maybe he drives up his trade value with a few wins.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

There's your problem.

Honestly how many reputable news sources are there truly anymore?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Sanchez has more pressure then ... if McElroy is not active it means Tebow is active. Which in turn means if Rex Hands Tebow a game due to poor play from Sanchez, Tebow's gonna stay in as long as he does well because the fans and media will be pushing for him like crazy.

Cut and print. Okay. Next scene you guys win out and beat out Pittsburgh and Cincinnati in the playoff tie breaker. On the road vs the Broncos. This should be fun.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Who cares? McElroy doesn't look good and doesn't look like the future. Its a wash year anyway, I don't really care who they start at QB.

Tebow might be best b/c maybe he drives up his trade value with a few wins.

I'm afraid that will only drive up his "Woody Johnson value"
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

There's your problem.

Honestly how many reputable news sources are there truly anymore?

Not many, really. I tend to not believe anything until I hear it from the person of interest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: