Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 Cowboys/Eagles PostGame Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Slam gave us his breakdown as to why the crowd was loud. Does anyone who attended have anything else to add?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive line allowed 2 sacks in the first half, in the second they gave up 0 sacks allowing Romo to complete 10 passes out of 10 attempts.

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
The offensive line allowed 2 sacks in the first half, in the second they gave up 0 sacks allowing Romo to complete 10 passes out of 10 attempts.

Free also played significantly better the second half for what it's worth. Although, it's not hard to play better after playing like garbage.

In Redball I Trust!
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Free also played significantly better the second half for what it's worth. Although, it's not hard to play better after playing like garbage.

Doug Free could have reached down and tied his shoe vs blocking in the first half and that would have been better....

I think Free's theory is to allow the defensive guy to tire himself by running past him so many times in the first half that he is too tired to run in the second half.. ??
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Doug Free could have reached down and tied his shoe vs blocking in the first half and that would have been better....

I think Free's theory is to allow the defensive guy to tire himself by running past him so many times in the first half that he is too tired to run in the second half.. ??

If it leads to similar results in the future, game on. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
I do not disagree that we have added youth. We just haven't added it to the areas of the team that will garner the most out of the talent that we have.

But that is only half of my point. My point is that no matter how much "dead weight" we cut, this team is still a 500 team. Other teams in the division have already won championships or have already retooled and are on the rise (Redskins) or are about to do so (Iggles). Meanwhile, we are stuck in mediocrity with another 500 season looming.
Our star players are only going to be a year older and with no indication that we are going to address our biggest problems a lot this offseason, they will be a 500 team for another 2 or 3 years. By then what do you think Witten will have left? How about Romo, if he survives that long with our Ah-hem, O line.
How many more season do you think Ware will go uninjured? He has been fortunate thus far.

So go ahead, list all of the newbies you can think of. And I will show you a bunch of "great" players on IR.

And while this team is trying to milk another season or 2 out of Romo, Ware or Witten in a few years, you will be watching the Skins and Iggles battling for division.

But I will remember to remind you, rest assured.

So. To be clear. You actually agree with me, but you are unsatisfied with the lack of immediate success. And to help buy into your theory, you cite something that hasn't happened (the eagles) and at the same turn assume the Cowboys will be stuck in neutral. That makes no sense.

But you are more than encourage to remind me in two years that you agree with me.

Not the way you present it but ok.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The other trend that is clear is that the Cowboys coaching staff, which seldom gets complimented for offensive concepts these days, is doing a real fine job of finding creative ways to get Dez Bryant the football. Later in the week, I want to show exactly which routes he is running and how he is getting his production, but for now, allow me to say that they are avoiding double teams by running many shorter routes and are occupying linebackers underneath by dragging him across the field and it is clear that this concept scares defenses and draws all sorts of attention.

It is worth noting that the team is now notorious for slow starts and that trend has not changed. The public seems to want to focus on tired cliches like "they aren't ready to play", which I think is vague and unprovable. I have argued on this site that it has more to do with their game plans trying to run a conventional offense early in the game, and then at some point (often in the mid-2nd Quarter) they scrap all of the plans and go to shotgun.

However, another trend that is linked to that is the number of balls that go to Bryant early in the game. Of the 103 balls thrown to him on the season, only 16 of them have come in the 1st Quarter. In fact, the Cowboys get Bryant the ball more and more as the game goes on. By Quarter, he is thrown to the most in the 4th, then 3rd, then 2nd, and finally 1st. So, if your scoreboard suggest that you also score the most in that order, perhaps there is some linkage between the slow starts and the speed in which you find ways to utilize your biggest weapon.

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2012/12/decoding-garrett-week-12-vs-philadelphia.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith-Livings-Duece-Free-Parnell

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Smith-Livings-Duece-Free-Parnell

As many have said, a Guard needs to have power. Free has none. He would get pwned at Guard.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: