Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chance Warmack

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
veniceolson


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 50
Location: Sarasota, FL
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Chance Warmack Reply with quote

I was born and raised and finally graduated a Florida Gator while watching some freakish talents. Bo, Emmitt, Pat Petersen, Clowney, on and on and on. A huge fan of the SEC I would just like to add Chance Warmack to this list. Its maybe the most underrated position on the field but I have never watched a guy move the line of scrimmage like this man. Dominates one on one matchups, can pull and create lanes, The lions need a guy like this to build the o-line around. He is the BPA even as high as 8 or 9. Lets get this serious talk started, RR and Chance are great starts upfront to keep this offense putting up huge numbers, Thoughts???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qball8001


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 7934
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us see how he does at the combine, but on film he is a monster. He would help our run game out immediately. But, I really do not want to address the offense again. Even though that is our strength. I would rather spend the pick on a DE or CB or even a LB if Teo or some one like that was there.
_________________
Lions are completely inept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49275
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he drops.

If they do not address secondary, linebacker (two starters leaving) or DE early everyone will be doing mocks again before Thanksgiving next year
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no better player in this draft. Chance is the only player I look at, and say there's an NFL all-pro right there.

He'd have the biggest impact on our team easily. Maybe with him the coaches won't look like idiots when they run the ball three straight times to close out a game. Best of all, we can finally stop watching Peterman getting beat like a drum weekly.

Seriously, when I watch the guy it's like watching Suh at Nebraska, except he's playing OL!  Where as with Iupati, it was said that he was raw and he actually held a lot in college; and with DeCastro, who was one of the more technically sound interior OL prospects we'd seen in years, but needed to get stronger; I see no weaknesses in Warmack's game.

He's an elite talent, who will by my evaluation be BPA, and also fits a glaring need in the Lions offense. He'll make everyone on that unit better, even Gosder if he sticks around.

We need to draft this man.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25349
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
There's no better player in this draft. Chance is the only player I look at, and say there's an NFL all-pro right there.

He'd have the biggest impact on our team easily. Maybe with him the coaches won't look like idiots when they run the ball three straight times to close out a game. Best of all, we can finally stop watching Peterman getting beat like a drum weekly.

Seriously, when I watch the guy it's like watching Suh at Nebraska, except he's playing OL!  Where as with Iupati, it was said that he was raw and he actually held a lot in college; and with DeCastro, who was one of the more technically sound interior OL prospects we'd seen in years, but needed to get stronger; I see no weaknesses in Warmack's game.

He's an elite talent, who will by my evaluation be BPA, and also fits a glaring need in the Lions offense. He'll make everyone on that unit better, even Gosder if he sticks around.

We need to draft this man.


This guy is an awesome guard. Just a big grader. The Lions have a number of holes but if Chance is available when the Lions select he better be the pick.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3299
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for Warmack or Te'o.
_________________
Football is love, love is life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9019
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching Warmack/Jones all year. I want both. Sure we have mre pressing needs but Warmack is a stud imo. If you wanted to make a safe pick, he's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18106
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Chance, Barrett, and Fluker. Bad...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imyourGM


Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 190
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Chance alot but im not sure i could pull the trigger on any guard in the top 10. Plus there are other nice guards in this draft, they just don't get the exposure as Chance. Chance looks clean and it could be argued that Alabama's whole OL is NFL worthy. So your not gonna look as bad as you might on another team. Now if we trade down and he's still there different story.

With this high of a pick and if i own the Lions its gotta be a defensive pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imyourGM wrote:
I like Chance alot but im not sure i could pull the trigger on any guard in the top 10. Plus there are other nice guards in this draft, they just don't get the exposure as Chance. Chance looks clean and it could be argued that Alabama's whole OL is NFL worthy. So your not gonna look as bad as you might on another team. Now if we trade down and he's still there different story.

With this high of a pick and if i own the Lions its gotta be a defensive pick.
A lot of people said the same about Suh because he played with Crick on the DL, but when you watched Nebraska closely you could just see Suh's dominance.

It's the same deal here with Warmack, although I do believe Jones will be a better pro than Crick. Warmack dominates his opponents. He stonewalls them all, and drive blocks the hell out of most of them. You just don't see that sort of dominance from his sidekick Jones.

The Lions would be sorry for passing on an elite talent if they don't draft Warmack. If they aren't blowing smoke up our behinds with their supposed BPA philosophy, they have to take him if he's available when they draft in April.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
imyourGM


Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 190
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
I like Chance alot but im not sure i could pull the trigger on any guard in the top 10. Plus there are other nice guards in this draft, they just don't get the exposure as Chance. Chance looks clean and it could be argued that Alabama's whole OL is NFL worthy. So your not gonna look as bad as you might on another team. Now if we trade down and he's still there different story.

With this high of a pick and if i own the Lions its gotta be a defensive pick.
A lot of people said the same about Suh because he played with Crick on the DL, but when you watched Nebraska closely you could just see Suh's dominance.

It's the same deal here with Warmack, although I do believe Jones will be a better pro than Crick. Warmack dominates his opponents. He stonewalls them all, and drive blocks the hell out of most of them. You just don't see that sort of dominance from his sidekick Jones.

The Lions would be sorry for passing on an elite talent if they don't draft Warmack. If they aren't blowing smoke up our behinds with their supposed BPA philosophy, they have to take him if he's available when they draft in April.
I just have my concerns is all. I have to see him in the bowl game and combine still. Just can't think of anyone note worthy that he's even lined up against either. If he dominates lets say Nix in the bowl game one on one and shows well at the combine, I might see what you see. But i see alot of different factors and the fact of our pick probably being top 10. And does he even have a ceiling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imyourGM wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
I like Chance alot but im not sure i could pull the trigger on any guard in the top 10. Plus there are other nice guards in this draft, they just don't get the exposure as Chance. Chance looks clean and it could be argued that Alabama's whole OL is NFL worthy. So your not gonna look as bad as you might on another team. Now if we trade down and he's still there different story.

With this high of a pick and if i own the Lions its gotta be a defensive pick.
A lot of people said the same about Suh because he played with Crick on the DL, but when you watched Nebraska closely you could just see Suh's dominance.

It's the same deal here with Warmack, although I do believe Jones will be a better pro than Crick. Warmack dominates his opponents. He stonewalls them all, and drive blocks the hell out of most of them. You just don't see that sort of dominance from his sidekick Jones.

The Lions would be sorry for passing on an elite talent if they don't draft Warmack. If they aren't blowing smoke up our behinds with their supposed BPA philosophy, they have to take him if he's available when they draft in April.
I just have my concerns is all. I have to see him in the bowl game and combine still. Just can't think of anyone note worthy that he's even lined up against either. If he dominates lets say Nix in the bowl game one on one and shows well at the combine, I might see what you see. But i see alot of different factors and the fact of our pick probably being top 10. And does he even have a ceiling.
Warmack's ceiling is best OG in the NFL.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25349
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
I like Chance alot but im not sure i could pull the trigger on any guard in the top 10. Plus there are other nice guards in this draft, they just don't get the exposure as Chance. Chance looks clean and it could be argued that Alabama's whole OL is NFL worthy. So your not gonna look as bad as you might on another team. Now if we trade down and he's still there different story.

With this high of a pick and if i own the Lions its gotta be a defensive pick.
A lot of people said the same about Suh because he played with Crick on the DL, but when you watched Nebraska closely you could just see Suh's dominance.

It's the same deal here with Warmack, although I do believe Jones will be a better pro than Crick. Warmack dominates his opponents. He stonewalls them all, and drive blocks the hell out of most of them. You just don't see that sort of dominance from his sidekick Jones.

The Lions would be sorry for passing on an elite talent if they don't draft Warmack. If they aren't blowing smoke up our behinds with their supposed BPA philosophy, they have to take him if he's available when they draft in April.
I just have my concerns is all. I have to see him in the bowl game and combine still. Just can't think of anyone note worthy that he's even lined up against either. If he dominates lets say Nix in the bowl game one on one and shows well at the combine, I might see what you see. But i see alot of different factors and the fact of our pick probably being top 10. And does he even have a ceiling.
Warmack's ceiling is best OG in the NFL.


Players with this kids ability just don't come along very often. I would be very excited if the Lions could select him. If they also maneuvered and managed to land Jones it would be amazing. Awe I better quite dreaming. The inevitable WR selection won't let this happen.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EhJae


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 1147
Location: CB, Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a potentially elite talent that improves the team available when Detroit selects, they have to take him. I haven't seen much tape on Warmack but if he's as good as what I've read, I'd take him top 10.
_________________
2013 & 2014 AAL:
#71 Riley Reiff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JSMcTilty


Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Posts: 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree if he's there, they have to take him. He's just too good to pass up, even though I really want some defensive help. Getting him and Jones in the second would be sweet, especially since they would already have chemistry together from college.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group