Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better?
RG3
47%
 47%  [ 64 ]
Andrew Luck
38%
 38%  [ 51 ]
Russell Wilson
14%
 14%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 134

Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you purposely ignoring the other points I made?

I don't know how you expect Luck to have a great completion percentage in Arians' scheme with that line, that running game, and those receivers. Sure, he hasn't done as well as he can, but he has not struggled with his accuracy outside of a few games.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to try and pretend to be an offensive guru and break down what kind of offense each rookie QB is playing in, but RGIII's offense seems like it would lend itself better to minimizing mistakes. He's doing a lot of read-option stuff in pistol formations, but if you watch the passing game it's 1 read then ball has to be out. 1 read, then the ball is out. While he is great at passing the ball in between the numbers, I don't think he's having to dissect nearly as much of the defense with what Washington is doing in comparison to what Luck has to do in Indy. On top of Indy probably having about as much talent on it's roster as the Rams did when Bradford came into the league, Luck looks scary to me.

Yeah he's thrown a lot of INT's, and his completion % isn't all that hot, but outside of Wayne, he's got basically no real veteran receiving options. Couple that with the Colts defensive side of the ball being. . . mediocre at best, Andrew Luck has to do a crapload of heavy lifting in order to get the Colts where they are. I do think that the Colts are one of the worst 8-4 teams I've seen in awhile, but the one part of that record that isn't a mirage is Luck.

It's pretty damn bogus to be a team in the AFCS and watch the Colts go from Manning to Luck, because Manning was an all time great, and Luck looks to be heading in that direction as well.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

I don't know how you expect Luck to have a great completion percentage in Arians' scheme with that line, that running game, and those receivers. Sure, he hasn't done as well as he can, but he has not struggled with his accuracy outside of a few games.
Here's my point. Great QB's overcome the stuff you are trying to make as excuses for Luck. Rodgers has the worst set of backs in the league (arguably) and has been without his #1 for more then half the year and without his #2 for a couple games as well. For Ariens scheme, Roethlisberger only completed less then 60% once, and that was at 59.9%, under Ariens.

My point, people are acting and hyping him up to be this already great QB and he's not. He's average compared to the rest of the league, maybe even a tick below average. If he can't overcome dropped passes and bad schemes like most of the great QB's do, why should he be considered great right now? That's rhetorical by the way.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I certainly wasn't arguing that he's on a level with Manning, Rodgers, or Roethlisberger. Those standards are far too high for a rookie QB leading a team that just went 2-14 last year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Well I certainly wasn't arguing that he's on a level with Manning, Rodgers, or Roethlisberger. Those standards are far too high for a rookie QB leading a team that just went 2-14 last year.
That is a completely different team that Luck is playing with compared to last year. Almost everything was overhauled. Colts record last year is irrelevant.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
That is a completely different team that Luck is playing with compared to last year. Almost everything was overhauled. Colts record last year is irrelevant.

They basically scrapped all the veterans and replaced them with rookies and a CFL player.

Different team? Yes.
For the better? Not that much.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

Pass Overthrown 2ints
Pass Underthrown 3ints
Pass Thrown Wide 3ints

Thats 8 ints result of his bad accuracy.

Deff more then just "few" games
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.RG3

2.Rusell Wilson
3.Luck
4.Weeden

Luck's overhyped imo.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Pass Overthrown 2ints
Pass Underthrown 3ints
Pass Thrown Wide 3ints

11 of his interceptions have come in 4 games. In the remaining 8 games, he's thrown for 5.

3=few

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Pass Overthrown 2ints
Pass Underthrown 3ints
Pass Thrown Wide 3ints

11 of his interceptions have come in 4 games. In the remaining 8 games, he's thrown for 5.

3=few

8 of his 12 games he has well over under 60% accuracy. Its definitely more then "few" games.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Pass Overthrown 2ints
Pass Underthrown 3ints
Pass Thrown Wide 3ints

3=few

8 of his 12 games he has well over under 60% accuracy. Its definitely more then "few" games.

Are you debating his interceptions or his incompletions?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Pass Overthrown 2ints
Pass Underthrown 3ints
Pass Thrown Wide 3ints

3=few

Are you debating his interceptions or his incompletions?

His Accuracy or lack of in this case.
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Luck is overhyped because of how bad Curtis Painter was.

We have all forgotten how good the Colts have been before last year. We forgot all the consecutive 10 win seasons, all the consecutive 12 win seasons.

So we give him too much credit based on Colts record last year and give him a pass on the fact that he leads the league in turnovers

IN reality RGIII is clearly the ROTY right now and Luck hasn't even distinguished himself from Russell Wilson who has decisively looked more impressive vs common opponents
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

Am I the only one who caught this? Laughing Laughing

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
joru1000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings fan here, we played all 3 quarterbacks this season and all 3 beat us (it sucks being a Vikings fan).

RG3 definitely had the best game of the three statistically and his long touchdown scramble sealed the deal. I was most impressed by his accuracy and athleticism, but the majority of his large chunk passes were to unbelievably open receivers over the middle as a result of the pass option exploiting our ever lackluster pass defense led by Erin Henderson, Jasper Brinkley and Jamarca Sanford. Like it was said by someone else though, I think of the three, he is the leading candidate for a significant sophomore slump, but as of right now I think he's the best.

Luck beat us in week 2, and I was really impressed with him. I remember one play where he made a great read and throw by looking off Antoine Winfield, Harrison Smith, and Mistral Raymond and then tossing it up the middle to Reggie Wayne for the long TD. It was a veteran Pro Bowl quarterback move and throw in only his second game. I don't remember much else from that being it was like 3 months ago.

Russell Wilson was great for a rookie against us, but his play style seemed a little too 'all or nothing' for me, kind've like Brett Favre but lacking that throwing power which could burn him badly in the future if he makes a career out of it. He had a great statline with 3 td's and 0 interception but I specifically remember him getting bailed out by Golden Tate on a couple plays in which Tate made some amazing catches that should've otherwise gone incomplete.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: