Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AG Mock Draft #3 (Ashley Ann Vickers Edition)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate this Mock
1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
4
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
More of the hot chick
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

Author Message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 4661
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: AG Mock Draft #3 (Ashley Ann Vickers Edition) Reply with quote














Notable Departures:

Donald Driver
Jeff Saturday
Cedric Benson
Charles Woodson

Tagged Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley to the New York Jets. Rex and Tannenbaum are on the hotseat and whoever is under center desperately needs anybody that can get open if the Jets are going to win some games. Packers walk out with the Jets 2nd and 3rd.

The Draft

1. Sheldon Richardson (DT-Missouri)



The kid is dumber than a bag of hammers which is going to cause him to drop, but the kid can flat play and busts his [inappropriate/removed] every snap. I totally advocate investing in the DL and OLBs until we're stacked like the maniacal love child of the 49ers and Giants. Raji, Richardson, Worthy, Clay, and Perry will hopefully give us a pass rush that's going to strike fear into team's hearts and shut down the run. Can never have enough talent on the DLine for me.

2. (Jets). Robert Woods (WR-USC)



Woods is a guy that you want to cheer for. He's been hurt this year and has been demoted because his running mate may be the best receiver in college football, but he's still produced and his skill set is elite for our scheme. He runs great routes and when he's healthy he's going to start getting outstanding separation. Woods and Cobb together in the slot is going to be murder to scheme against.

2. (Packers). Joseph Fauria (TE-UCLA)


With Finley gone, we could use something at TE. Fauria is a monster at 6'8 with really good athleticism. He's got 8 TDs so far this year and is unstoppable in the redzone. Rodgers has never had a guy that is always open if the ball is 10 feet in the air which is something that Fauria will offer. Would like to see him add some weight and be more committed as a blocker but his skill set is tremendously rare.

3. (Jets). Larry Warford (G-Kentucky)



Warford is a really big dude who's a damn solid interior prospect. If he were at Alabama there would be a ton of hype about him but because he's at Kentucky he continues to fly under the radar. He started as a freshmen and performed admirably. I think he fits in well at Center as a guy who's got damn fine drive skills and can still move a little bit. I'm not a big fan of taking interior prospects early unless there's a chance that they become elite and I think that's the case with Warford.

3. (Packers). William Gholston (DE-Michigan State)



Gholston is a freak athlete and a damn fine run stuffer. There's been some harsh kickback this year with teams expecting him to come out and dominate in all facets. This underachieving has been further emphasized by his relation to Vernon Gholston, and are causing teams to wonder. I think this is a value pick as a guy who can hold the point and has tremendous potential to turn into a damn fine all around player.

4. Philip Thomas (S-Fresno State)



I think our Safety tandem is alright but I'd like to beef it up. Thomas is a great coverage safety with fabulous range and the ability to make plays on the ball. He's nothing special at the LOS or as a tackler but I like his ability to patrol the back end and take the ball away. He's been seriously dinged up over the course of his career but he has played some fantastic ball when healthy.

4. (Comp) Chris Faulk (OT-LSU)



Faulk went down for the year with a knee injury in Pre-Season. Coming into the season he was expected to be the first tackle off of the board but not being able to play has obviously dinged his stock. I think this is a value pick and between Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Faulk, and Datko our OT position SHOULD be locked down for the next decade.

5. Daniel McCullers (NT-Tennessee)



To say that McCullers is raw is an understastent. The guy is still connected to a living cow at this point to continue the analogy. That said, the man is a monster. Even with bad technique he shut down Alabama’s run game in the first part of Tennessee’s game against Alabama. He’s a great developmental prospect IMO and a guy that should be ready to fill in for Pickett when Pickett hangs it up.

6. Michael Dyer (RB-Arkansas State)



When I look at RBs, the biggest thing I look for is fit. Dyer doesn't fit with the Packers. He has almost no value in the passing game as he doesn't block or catch the ball out of the backfield. With all that said, he's got sick acceleration and prodigious vision. He's the best pure runner in this class without question since Lattimore's knee got obliterated. This is an opportunity for the Packers to get the franchise Back they've been looking for without having to heavily invest in the guy.

7. Theo Riddick (RB-Notre Dame)



I hate Running Backs and I hate Notre Dame, that said when I think of the Packers with a Reggie Bush type back I can't help but think of what we could be. Obviously Riddick wishes he was 10% the pure runner and open field threat that Bush is but he's a guy that can move out wide and take advantages of mismatches with LBs. Riddick is the reciprocal of Cobb. If Cobb is 75% WR and 25% RB, then Riddick is 75% RB and 25% WR. He can block and catch and do all the things that MM will want from a RB.

7. (Comp) Prince Shembo (OLB-Notre Dame)



We still struggle to get pressure on the QB when Clay is out. Until that's no longer the case I completely advocate drafting late round pass rushers and hoping that one rises above. I think that Shembo has as much potential as any rusher in this class.


Last edited by AlexGreen#20 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7581
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of dumb players, at all. You just can't trust them. I love Woods but I hate getting rid of BOTH Finley and Jennings. I'm so-so on Fauria. I really,really don't think Gholston will be there, I know that gets said every year but I just think he is too much of a freak athlete to drop that far. I can not see Ted taking a chance on Dyer, some big boy off field red on that kid. Love Riddick. Shembo is a junior right? Why come out if the DAC isn't high on you? I think he would go a lot higher than then 7th round.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12362
Location: Hood River, Oregon
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always forget to add our 8th round pick
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7103
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I always forget to add our 8th round pick


Winner.

Also picks 3 and 5 will probably get taken down by a mod, but ill stare at them while I can.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7581
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
picks 3 and 5 will probably get taken down by a mod.
Shhhhhh.....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rbens06


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 747
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sold on Richardson yet. I think from a playing stand point he is solid, but the reports and talk about his maturity and mental capacity could be a red flag. I do not know him personally, so I do not want to pass judgement on him, but if the reports are accurate then that may scare me off.

I like Woods as a replacement for Jennings and someone that can keep the receiver depth strong.

I do not mind Fauria

I do not think Faulk will come out. I believe he is a junior and going back and having a strong senior year can do more for him than coming out. If he did come out and we got him there I think he would be a good backup to have (seeing the knee checks out) or someone that could compete for a starting job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 4661
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I always forget to add our 8th round pick


Embarassed My bad, formatted on excel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 29900
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
I always forget to add our 8th round pick


Winner.

Also picks 3 and 5 will probably get taken down by a mod, but ill stare at them while I can.


Warford and McCullers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12362
Location: Hood River, Oregon
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
I always forget to add our 8th round pick


Winner.

Also picks 3 and 5 will probably get taken down by a mod, but ill stare at them while I can.


Warford and McCullers?
Mods aren't fans of linemen. Need more playmakerz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RiotPunch


Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Posts: 1015
Location: Cream City
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson is too physical of a freak to fall to us, despite his near mentally challenged level IQ. I would love him, because I think he'll be a star, but just don't see it happening. I think he's in for a Fletcher Cox type rise once it's combine time and will end up going top-15.

Like the Woods pick. Don't love him as much as some of you crazies do, but seems like a good fit.

Too early for Fauria.

Love the Warford pick. He would be a steal there.

What has Gholston done to warrant being a 3rd round pick? He has zero pass rush ability, and has done nothing to improve. He is an undersized run stopper at this point with what seems to be a poor work ethic. Cousin of bust Vernon Gholston too.

I like Thomas a lot, think he'll be gone by that pick. Swap Thomas and Gholston and it's more realistic, imo.

Don't like the idea of bringing in a tackle coming off of a serious injury, with Sherrod and Bulaga's health up in the air. Faulk is a good player, but I'd rather have a guy who can come in and battle right away.

McCullers is always an intriguing thought.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f9XRaWk6Ww

Dyer is a nice gamble. Reminds me of Bryce Brown a bit, look how that worked out for the Eagles.

Last two are kind of meh for me, but could be some PC projects or ST depth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3552
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: AG Mock Draft #3 (Ashley Ann Vickers Edition) Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:

1. Sheldon Richardson (DT-Missouri)

2. (Jets). Robert Woods (WR-USC)

2. (Packers). Joseph Fauria (TE-UCLA)

3. (Jets). Larry Warford (G-Kentucky)

3. (Packers). William Gholston (DE-Michigan State)

4. Philip Thomas (S-Fresno State)

4. (Comp) Chris Faulk (OT-LSU)

5. Daniel McCullers (NT-Tennessee)

6. Michael Dyer (RB-Arkansas State)

7. Theo Riddick (RB-Notre Dame)

7. (Comp) Prince Shembo (OLB-Notre Dame)


People I like: Woods, McCullers, Thomas, Riddick
People I don't like: Richardson (Dumb) Dyer (Discipline) Gholston (Slim, Techniqueless)
People I'm OK with: Fauria Faulk Warford
People I know nothing about: Shembo

You realize the tag will never happen let alone anything like those trades right?
_________________
mccammon07 wrote:
We should give Nick Perry a shot at ILB this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 4661
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
Richardson is too physical of a freak to fall to us, despite his near mentally challenged level IQ. I would love him, because I think he'll be a star, but just don't see it happening. I think he's in for a Fletcher Cox type rise once it's combine time and will end up going top-15.

Like the Woods pick. Don't love him as much as some of you crazies do, but seems like a good fit.

Too early for Fauria.

Love the Warford pick. He would be a steal there.

What has Gholston done to warrant being a 3rd round pick? He has zero pass rush ability, and has done nothing to improve. He is an undersized run stopper at this point with what seems to be a poor work ethic. Cousin of bust Vernon Gholston too.

I like Thomas a lot, think he'll be gone by that pick. Swap Thomas and Gholston and it's more realistic, imo.

Don't like the idea of bringing in a tackle coming off of a serious injury, with Sherrod and Bulaga's health up in the air. Faulk is a good player, but I'd rather have a guy who can come in and battle right away.

McCullers is always an intriguing thought.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f9XRaWk6Ww

Dyer is a nice gamble. Reminds me of Bryce Brown a bit, look how that worked out for the Eagles.

Last two are kind of meh for me, but could be some PC projects or ST depth.


You very well may be right, butI think Richardson is going to rub a lot of folks the wrong way come interview time, and I'm not sure teams are going to want to gamble on THAT guy. DTs with immaturity issues have a habit of falling, as emphasized by Fairley dropping a dozen spots from the end of the NC game to draft time. GMs are always going to be gun shy on giving big money to young DTs who may eat themselves out of the league. I just think a few teams are going to be really gun shy on him.

I don't think that it's too early for Fauria. I see a big time rise come combine time based on athleticism. He's going to wow in shorts and there are always teams looking for that red zone threat. I think he can change our offense in combination with guys on the roster and guys taken in the mock.

Thing about Gholston is that he may not be heavy but the guy is strong as hell. He doesn't get moved and he manages to shed really well. I've heard nothing about a bad work ethic, and I think as a 5 tech he's going to be a good one. Not looking for the ability to turn the corner there.

I don't know why Faulk wouldn't be ready to battle. He hurt his knee in preseason of this year, I give him as good of odds as anybody at that point in a fight for the LT spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7581
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
What has Gholston done to warrant being a 3rd round pick? He has zero pass rush ability, and has done nothing to improve. He is an undersized run stopper at this point with what seems to be a poor work ethic. Cousin of bust Vernon Gholston too.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8buzKTYss
That is an NFL LT he is playing against. Dude gets a good push.
8.5 sacks in the last 2 years at MSU and playing out of position IMO. Plus he has 7 pass deflections this year. This guy is explosive. He is raw and plays too high at times, he needs some tech work but what he has, you can not teach. If that is 0 pass rush ability, what do our interior pass rushers have Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RiotPunch


Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Posts: 1015
Location: Cream City
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
What has Gholston done to warrant being a 3rd round pick? He has zero pass rush ability, and has done nothing to improve. He is an undersized run stopper at this point with what seems to be a poor work ethic. Cousin of bust Vernon Gholston too.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8buzKTYss
That is an NFL LT he is playing against. Dude gets a good push.
8.5 sacks in the last 2 years at MSU and playing out of position IMO. Plus he has 7 pass deflections this year. This guy is explosive. He is raw and plays too high at times, he needs some tech work but what he has, you can not teach. If that is 0 pass rush ability, what do our interior pass rushers have Shocked


I guess I was exaggerating when I said he has zero pass rush. It's just that he has not developed any new pass rush moves and as you mentioned, his technique is pretty bad for a guy at the stage he is. He is dripping with God given ability, not disputing that, but damn... that's a good coaching staff at MSU and the guy regressed from last year.

I loved him in the preseason as much as the next guy, even had him in a mock or two, but he has really disappointed me. If he pans out, he could be a steal, but I have no reason to believe he's gonna figure it out or put in the necessary work to be great.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7581
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
What has Gholston done to warrant being a 3rd round pick? He has zero pass rush ability, and has done nothing to improve. He is an undersized run stopper at this point with what seems to be a poor work ethic. Cousin of bust Vernon Gholston too.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8buzKTYss
That is an NFL LT he is playing against. Dude gets a good push.
8.5 sacks in the last 2 years at MSU and playing out of position IMO. Plus he has 7 pass deflections this year. This guy is explosive. He is raw and plays too high at times, he needs some tech work but what he has, you can not teach. If that is 0 pass rush ability, what do our interior pass rushers have Shocked


I guess I was exaggerating when I said he has zero pass rush. It's just that he has not developed any new pass rush moves and as you mentioned, his technique is pretty bad for a guy at the stage he is. He is dripping with God given ability, not disputing that, but damn... that's a good coaching staff at MSU and the guy regressed from last year.

I loved him in the preseason as much as the next guy, even had him in a mock or two, but he has really disappointed me. If he pans out, he could be a steal, but I have no reason to believe he's gonna figure it out or put in the necessary work to be great.
I don't really buy into the coaching staff being excellent at MSU. Look at Worthy when he was there, he never developed a secondary move, pretty much the only way he got home was winning off the snap. MSU has done a great job getting discipline run defense but not developing pass rushers. I think it hurts Gholston too, that he is playing out of position on pass downs. I would have kicked him into the 3 on rush snaps. A lot like Coples last year, the guy suffered in the 4-3, people called him lazy, questioned his motor, blah blah blah, Jets stick him at 5-tech and he blows up. I think Gholston needs some pro coaching and be in the right system and he can be elite.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group