Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers We Have Forgotten 12/11 Dexter Carter pg.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh John....

Used to be my favorite 9er behind Julian Peterson and Tony Parrish. My favorite story of JE was that he had a life-size cardboard cut-out of Al Bundy.

It just doesn't get any better than that!
Mad Mardigan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
He was one of my favorite 49ers. Always love it when a Hokie becomes a 49er!

The thing i liked most about him was his toughness. He wasnt flashy or anything but was solid at his position and seemed like a real pro.

He always reminded me of the defensive version of an Ed McCafferey. He was always doing the little things and had the tendencies that would make a superior talent great.

Kind of like a broke mans Justin Smith.

He was also apart of a great D-line with Stubblefield and BY. I think Andre Carter was apart of that line too. I miss some of those early 2000's 49er defenders like Julian Peterson, Tony Parrish, Lance Shulters, Jamie Winborn, Derek Smith, and Ahmad Plummer

Julian Peterson and Lance Shulters were two guys that left our team in their prime, which broke my heart. The others you mentioned fizzled out and became liabilities... I remember Parrish getting burned badly his last season with us.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

The thing i liked most about him was his toughness. He wasnt flashy or anything but was solid at his position and seemed like a real pro.

He always reminded me of the defensive version of an Ed McCafferey. He was always doing the little things and had the tendencies that would make a superior talent great.

He was also apart of a great D-line with Stubblefield and BY. I think Andre Carter was apart of that line too. I miss some of those early 2000's 49er defenders like Julian Peterson, Tony Parrish, Lance Shulters, Jamie Winborn, Derek Smith, and Ahmad Plummer

I was a huge Schulters fan and Zack Bronson and Ronnie Heard too. I believe at one point that D Line was aranked top 10 against the run in like 2002?

Funny you mention Ahmad Plummer because i was thinking about Antonio Langham and just how terrible he was at DB

Plummer had his bright moments and his dark moments. Atleast he wasnt Mike Rumph! LOL

The only thing I ever liked about Rumph was the hit he laid on Jerome Bettis during a game against the Steelers in San fran. I dont really remember anything else about the game or Mike's career, i just rememer him laying out Bettis.

Hey hey hey, you respect Da U. Rumph had a bright future if not for some really unfortunate and terrible injuries...

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
Hey hey hey, you respect Da U. Rumph had a bright future if not for some really unfortunate and terrible injuries...

Yeah, he was dropped on his head as a child.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

I was a huge Schulters fan and Zack Bronson and Ronnie Heard too. I believe at one point that D Line was aranked top 10 against the run in like 2002?

Funny you mention Ahmad Plummer because i was thinking about Antonio Langham and just how terrible he was at DB

hey hey thats my cousin you're talking about. he is the one who helped me get my two try outs with our niners.

Him being your cousin precludes him from being terrible?

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

Yeah, he was dropped on his head as a child.

Ha! Laughing Laughing Laughing

sbrown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
sbrown wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

hey hey thats my cousin you're talking about. he is the one who helped me get my two try outs with our niners.

but i remember engleberger when he was at va tech and thought he would be special here but it didnt work out that way

ahhhhh man sbrown why do you have to know everyone.......i cant make a non educated judgement on anyone without fear that you might have the six degrees of Kevin Bacon deal with them....lol

Didnt Langham go on to play for the Browns? or did he come from the Browns?

he came from browns. but yeh thats my cousin although we havent spoke in years. but its all in fun, Ive burned him before during practices and yes he was overpaid when he got here based on his production here

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Week 2 of this amazing topic.

For this week we go to the trenches. I present for your reading enjoyment.....

Steve Wallace OT #74

6'4 285 lbs
DOB: 12/27/1964

Born in Chamblee, Georgia Wallace played 12 NFL seasons with the San Francisco 49ers(11) and the Kansas City Chiefs(1).

College

Steve Wallace attended the University of Auburn where he blocked for future Heisman Trophy winner Bo Jackson in 1985. Wallace played in a game in 1983 between the Florida Gators and Auburn Tigers in which 25 future NFL players were involved. Wallace was drafted in 1986 by the Birmingham Stallions in the territoral draft of the USFL and in the 4th round(101 overall) by the San Francisco 49ers.

Professional Career

Wallace played from 1986-1996 with the 49ers and was a staple protecting the blind side of future Hall of Fame QB Joe Montana. During his career Steve was selected to 1 Pro Bowl(92) and 2 All-Pro teams(92,94). Wallace was also selected to 4 All-Madden teams and and All Rookie team.

Wallace is a 3 time Super Bowl champion(88,89,94). In Super Bowl XXIII Wallace was taken off the field on the third play of the game with a broken ankle and replaced by Bubba Paris.

Wallace was known on the field as one of the most "nasty and tenacious" players around, but off the field was considered by many as one of the nicest people around.

Wallace was known for one of the most unique pieces of football equipment ever seen on a football field. Wallace struggled with concussions throughout his career and thus, was known for wearing a styrofoam procap shell over his helmet. Wallace retired after the 1997 season in which he played with the Chiefs. Wallace is credited with with having helped revolutionize the tackle position.

Interesting Facts

Bill Walsh is quoted as calling Wallace, "one of his favorite players ever" in the book The Blind Side. Wallace is one of the only 49ers players to appear in 2 United Way commercials, earning him the Community Player of the year award in 1992. Throughout 21 years of football, 12 professional, 4 in college and 5 in middle and high school, Wallace had 21 winning seasons. His worst season was 10-6 with the 49ers in 1991. Wallace is also related to comedian George Wallace.

Post Career

Wallace currently works with prospeakersbureau.com as a motivational speaker and the Steve Wallace Foundation for "Everyday Championship", a non-profit program whose mission is working on educating and rebuilding youth self-esteem, character, knowledge in rural, urban or under privilege areas. The focus has been for the betterment of kids.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:

Steve Wallace OT #74

6'4 285 lbs

Born in Chamblee, Georgia Wallace played 12 NFL seasons with the San Francisco 49ers(11) and the Kansas City Chiefs(1).

College

Steve Wallace attended the University of Auburn where he blocked for future Heisman Trophy winner Bo Jackson in 1985. Wallace played in a game in 1983 between the Florida Gators and Auburn Tigers in which 25 future NFL players were involved. Wallace was drafted in 1986 by the Birmingham Stallions in the territoral draft of the USFL and in the 4th round(101 overall) by the San Francisco 49ers.

Professional Career

Wallace played from 1986-1996 with the 49ers and was a staple protecting the blind side of future Hall of Fame QB Joe Montana. During his career Steve was selected to 1 Pro Bowl(92) and 2 All-Pro teams(92,94). Wallace was also selected to 4 All-Madden teams and and All Rookie team.

Wallace is a 3 time Super Bowl champion(88,89,94). In Super Bowl XXIII Wallace was taken off the field on the third play of the game with a broken ankle and replaced by Bubba Paris.

Wallace was known on the field as one of the most "nasty and tenacious" players around, but off the field was considered by many as one of the nicest people around.

Wallace was known for one of the most unique pieces of football equipment ever seen on a football field. Wallace struggled with concussions throughout his career and thus, was known for wearing a styrofoam procap shell over his helmet. Wallace retired after the 1997 season in which he played with the Chiefs. Wallace is credited with with having helped revolutionize the tackle position.

Interesting Facts

Bill Walsh is quoted as calling Wallace, "one of his favorite players ever" in the book The Blind Side. Wallace is one of the only 49ers players to appear in 2 United Way commercials, earning him the Community Player of the year award in 1992. Throughout 21 years of football, 12 professional, 4 in college and 5 in middle and high school, Wallace had 21 winning seasons. His worst season was 10-6 with the 49ers in 1991. Wallace is also related to comedian George Wallace.

Post Career

Wallace currently works with prospeakersbureau.com as a motivational speaker and the Steve Wallace Foundation for "Everyday Championship", a non-profit program whose mission is working on educating and rebuilding youth self-esteem, character, knowledge in rural, urban or under privilege areas. The focus has been for the betterment of kids.

Could never forget Wallace, mainly because of that shell, and because I suffered so many concussions as well. Great player.

steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you wrote his name I remembered his funky helmet.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:

Steve Wallace OT #74

6'4 285 lbs

I lived in on the same street as Steve. I first met him his rookie year. My friends were all hanging out in the garage shooting the poop and here comes this huge dude on a ten speed. My brother kept asking him who he played for and he wouldnt spill the beans. Finally he got tired of my brother asking and he told us he was just drafted. Later that day he played touch football with about 25 of us kids. He moved away after his second year on the team, but we would always see him running in our area b\c we lived in the mountains, so he would be running the hills. He was a pretty cool guy.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some debate i thought of doing Eric Johnson, but after considering he did this.....

to this.....

screw that guy!!!!!

This week I present to you.....

Dexter Carter RB/KR #35
5'9 170 lbs
DOB 9/15/1967

College

Born in Baxley, Gerogia Carter attended Appling County High School. He went on to attend college at Florida State University. As a Seminole Carter ranks 9th all time with 17 rushing Td's, 15th all time in scoring(non-kickers) and holds the record for the longest kick return in Seminoles history(100 yards).

In 1989 Carter had 3,260 all purpose yards, good enough for 9th all time in Seminoles history. Carter led the Seminoles to a top 4 ranking three times and was a part of the first three years of the "Dynasty Era".

NFL

Carter was drafted in the first round(25th overall) of the 1990 NFL Draft by the defending Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers. Carter played for the 49ers from 90-94. He had a short stint with the New York Jets in the 94-95 season before returning to the 49ers during the Jets bye week later that same season. He would go on to finish his career with the Niners in 1996

Aside from being a part of the 49ers 1994 Super Bowl team, Carter made history in the 94-95 season by becoming the only player in NFL history to have at least 1 touch and 1 all purpose yard in 17 regular season games(by way of being signed by the Niners duriong the Jets bye week).

Carter finished his 7 NFL seasons with 1,042 rushing yards and 5 touchdowns, along with 59 receptions for 652 yards and 2 touchdowns. On special teams, he returned 138 punts for 1,358 yards and 2 touchdowns, while also returning 250 kickoffs for 5,412 yards and 2 touchdowns.

In 2007 Carter returned to FSU as their running backs coach, but was not retained in 2009.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a lot of respect for Eric Johnson. After all, he gave me more than one opportunity to change the subject from pop culture to football, to the head-shaking of many girls. Thank you, Eric Johnson. Thank you very much.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: