Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The FIRST Stchamp98 2013 Mock Draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good draft and your reasoning makes sense. Not a fan of Barkley but understandable. Love the Mathieu pick, him as a PR/KR lets PP focus at CB. Rest very solid, 6 & 7 were great

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:

Overall I like this draft, but the biggest disappointment would be the lack of an OLB. I also would not have gambled with your 4th round pick. Those I would tag as negatives. I also wouldn't have gone after Barkley, however, given you specifically said that the coaching staff would change, I'd have to admit that your 1st round pick of him would probably be more valuable to the team than mine. So, I'd give you a bonus positive tick for that move.

1. Obviously OLB is a serious area of concern that I would have liked to have addressed but we've got lots of needs and Rome wasn't build a day. If we take an OLB not named Damontre Moore (Gone before our pick in my scenario) instead of a QB, leaving us with Kolb, Skelton and Lindley, everybody bashes us. If we take an OLB and ignore the OL early for the 5th straight year, everybody bashes us. If we don't take a safety and A-Dub continues to play just 50% of our snaps and/or Kerry Rhodes is let go at 32 years of age, all we'll hear is "why didn't we address the safety spot last year?" I would liked to have tried to take someone in round 4, where we peeled Acho and OBS off the heap but there's nobody in that area that I like and I'm not going to take an OLB simply to say I took an OLB. The Arizona Cardinals have been there and done that. Cody Brown immediately comes to mind. We've got lots of needs, only 3 prime picks and I'm not taking an OLB just to say I took one. That's where I'm at.

2. I might not have gambled big in round 4 either but it's not all about what you or I would do, it's about what Rod Graves and our brain trust will do. Our brain trust takes risky players with high rewards in round 4. 2 prime examples from the last 4 years. I understand you wouldn't make that choice but again, it's not all about what you or I would do. At least not if I want this to be credible.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Perfect Champ. Although I think there is a small chance Geno Smith will be there Matt Barkley has the leadership qualities to succeed at the next level and would automatically be the best QB on the roster.It's a pick the team has to make.
Anyhow he will show the arm chair QB's that if given the chance.

Champ where do you rank Jarvis Jones? Just curious. After the combine I think he could go top 10.

You could tear this one apart: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/nfl-mock-draft-2013-round-1_n_2243619.html

Baltimore gets another steal? No wonder they consistently have a top 5 -7 defense. That's insane.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey Badger was living at PP's house about a month ago? Is he still there? I think there is a good chance he could be a Cardinal and could be the biggest steal in the draft.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Perfect Champ. Although I think there is a small chance Geno Smith will be there Matt Barkley has the leadership qualities to succeed at the next level and would automatically be the best QB on the roster.It's a pick the team has to make.

Champ where do you rank Jarvis Jones? Just curious. After the combine I think he could go top 10.

I have Jones in the late teens/early 20s. The spinal stenosis thing is just too big a problem for me. That and he's not as polished of a pass rusher as people make him out to be. He's a speed rusher who doesn't mix up his rush moves enough, which will cause him problems at the next level. His run defense is a serious concern as well. I was serious when I said he reminds me an awful lot of Bruce Irvin.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Overall I like this draft, but the biggest disappointment would be the lack of an OLB. I also would not have gambled with your 4th round pick. Those I would tag as negatives. I also wouldn't have gone after Barkley, however, given you specifically said that the coaching staff would change, I'd have to admit that your 1st round pick of him would probably be more valuable to the team than mine. So, I'd give you a bonus positive tick for that move.

1. Obviously OLB is a serious area of concern that I would have liked to have addressed but we've got lots of needs and Rome wasn't build a day. If we take an OLB not named Damontre Moore (Gone before our pick in my scenario) instead of a QB, leaving us with Kolb, Skelton and Lindley, everybody bashes us. If we take an OLB and ignore the OL early for the 5th straight year, everybody bashes us. If we don't take a safety and A-Dub continues to play just 50% of our snaps and/or Kerry Rhodes is let go at 32 years of age, all we'll hear is "why didn't we address the safety spot last year?" I would liked to have tried to take someone in round 4, where we peeled Acho and OBS off the heap but there's nobody in that area that I like and I'm not going to take an OLB simply to say I took an OLB. The Arizona Cardinals have been there and done that. Cody Brown immediately comes to mind. We've got lots of needs, only 3 prime picks and I'm not taking an OLB just to say I took one. That's where I'm at.

2. I might not have gambled big in round 4 either but it's not all about what you or I would do, it's about what Rod Graves and our brain trust will do. Our brain trust takes risky players with high rewards in round 4. 2 prime examples from the last 4 years. I understand you wouldn't make that choice but again, it's not all about what you or I would do. At least not if I want this to be credible.

Yeah, come draft time, it is more difficult for teams with losing records to address all their needs...gotta pick your battles. I get that.

Guess I have always thought that team mocks were a what would I do deal and that the overall mocks were what would the teams' GMs most likely do. Can't remember anyone ever calling me out for that before. In my past mocks, maybe there were miscommunications in the assumptions the readers and myself were both making though. Hmm...I don't know. BTW, that should probably explain to you why I haven't put much weight in selecting a small school guy just for the sake of taking one! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
so a trade down is an option?

maybe pick Barkley 18th overall, and have an extra second round pick. and once again, hypothetically speaking. if we were to trade down and gain extra picks, would you like the idea of using those extra picks to trade back up into round one to get one of the first round talent who might slide on draft day, in the 28-32 range?

guys like Warmack, Barrett Jones, Jonothan Cooper, Eric Fisher, and so on?

Bolded: I would definitely entertain a trade down.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

I have Jones in the late teens/early 20s. The spinal stenosis thing is just too big a problem for me. That and he's not as polished of a pass rusher as people make him out to be. He's a speed rusher who doesn't mix up his rush moves enough, which will cause him problems at the next level. His run defense is a serious concern as well. I was serious when I said he reminds me an awful lot of Bruce Irvin.

Comparing Irvin and Jones together is a bit rough for both of them.

Jones, spinal injuries and all, is light years ahead of Irvin as a OLB and playmaker.

Irvin was a one trick pony at WV, Jones dominates more games against better opp than Irvin ever did.

Jones is still Top 3 player in this draft, no debating #1 overall if his spine had no issues.

If we didnt have a gapping hole at QB, he would taken by us in a heart beat.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen more than enough of Georgia/Jones to say that I definitely do not agree.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each to their own.

That is why this is a forum.

Guess the medical tests will decide where he goes anyway.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Each to their own.

That is why this is a forum.

Guess the medical tests will decide where he goes anyway.

Bolded: Probably.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Comparing Irvin and Jones together is a bit rough for both of them.

Jones, spinal injuries and all, is light years ahead of Irvin as a OLB and playmaker.

Irvin was a one trick pony at WV, Jones dominates more games against better opp than Irvin ever did.

Jones is still Top 3 player in this draft, no debating #1 overall if his spine had no issues.

If we didnt have a gapping hole at QB, he would taken by us in a heart beat.

The thig is Jones is being used in a role where his talents are maximised. Georgia really gets the best out of him. Irvin was not used well at WVU, he often lined up as a 5 Tech DE in their 3-3-5 base defense where he was asked to play in a phone booth and hold point against the run.

What Seattle obviously saw in IRvin was the he really excelled when he was put in a position to do so. Sure he struggled when he was asked to play 5 Tech, but heck Demarcus Ware would struggle if you asked him to play 5 Tech DE.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Dion Jordan available in round 2?
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:

i dont think so. hes such an athletic freak that his athleticism will rise his stock. Probably 15-25 range
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:

I don't him as a 3-4 OLB. Too tall and lanky to make it. He'd get hammered in the run game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: