Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all know I like Ertz and Thomas from Stanford. I think perhaps the best candidate to replace Delanie Walker's specific abilities (yet an improvement at catching) could be OU's Trey Millard. At 6'2" and 250 he runs the ball, blocks well and catches extremely well. Have to see how well OU does against A&M. Should be a tough game.
struby3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayareaninerfan wrote:
I go to SMU so I can give you guys a scouting report on those players. Somebody not mentioned on the prospect list is Taylor Reed who plays ILB for SMU right next to Ja'Gared Davis. Really solid player who is big and knows how to make plays. I will be interested to see how he does in the speed/agility drills and coverage drills as I think that will determine if he will be drafted or not

I also played with Zach Ertz in high school. Great stand up guy and a hell of a football player. When he left high school he was very raw and has worked extremely hard to become a polished all around TE. I really hope we get him

Margus Hunt scouting report, perhaps?

And I know a few theology professors at SMU (they used to live right next door to me before moving there)...know either of the Dr. Moessners?
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I don't think we'll need any impact starters, so this will be a depth heavy draft.

I think we could spend a pick on every level of defense, DE and NT, ILB and OLB, CB and S. On offense, depth at TE and OL. A developmental QB too if we let Alex go.

AFAIK, only important UFA's are Goldson, RJF, and Sopoaga. I think we'll re-sign Goldson and RJF, let Sopoago go.

And i believe we currently have 11 picks- our own 7, Panthers 3rd, Colts 5th, Dolphins 6th, and Bengals 7th. Plus Maiocco speculated we could get 3 extra comp picks- maybe as high as a 3rd, because of the contract/playing time Adam Snyder is getting.

All in all, with so many picks, and a GM thats active in trading down (Culliver, Bowman) and trading up (Kaepernick, Anthony Davis) it should be a fun draft! What i really want the most out of this draft is a guy who can take over for Justin Smith when he eventually leaves. As good as JJ Watt is too much to ask for, but i'd love to get a guy like Muhammed Wilkerson (a beast in his own right, just not playing at a HOF level like Watt).

Don't expect a lot of day 1 impact either way, unless we let Goldson go. Then we'll need a starting FS. Other than that, its all about shoring up that depth and having guys who can replace other starters when they're contracts are up in a year or 2. Go 9ers!

Edit- actually, i would also be in favor of drafting/singing a priority UDFA at Kicker. We need competition for Akers at least. I'm jealous of these new rookie kickers like Justin Tucker, Greg Zuerlein, and Blair Walsh.

I hope we don't draft like this. We have so much depth that if we just drafted a bunch of bodies many of them wouldn't even make the team, let alone contribute. Look at James and Jenkins this year. In order to keep the good run we're on going, I think we need to draft a few potential stars. I would gladly package all of those picks for 4 or 5 much higher ones. Our d-line is getting up there in age and our backups are not particularly strong. I'd look for a DE and even a NT, and I'd also be interested, a little lower down, in a CB and/or S. On offense I'm putting TE high on the list because of Walker's contract situation and his inconsistent hands. And then, it's really hard for me to judge any of our backup o-linemen. I'd go ahead and take a T, G or C depending on which positions our staff thought were weakest. And with the thought that Alex might move on (and I hope we can get a decent pick for him, preferably a future pick since we already have so many this year) a mid round QB with some potential would be nice too. Kicker is clearly a need, but I'm thinking we would get a FA kicker rather than draft one, but using a pick on one is certainly a possibility.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
You all know I like Ertz and Thomas from Stanford. I think perhaps the best candidate to replace Delanie Walker's specific abilities (yet an improvement at catching) could be OU's Trey Millard. At 6'2" and 250 he runs the ball, blocks well and catches extremely well. Have to see how well OU does against A&M. Should be a tough game.

Isn't he a FB? I like Millard, but would rather have Ertz or Eifert to take over Delanie's spot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
I don't think we'll need any impact starters, so this will be a depth heavy draft.

I think we could spend a pick on every level of defense, DE and NT, ILB and OLB, CB and S. On offense, depth at TE and OL. A developmental QB too if we let Alex go.

AFAIK, only important UFA's are Goldson, RJF, and Sopoaga. I think we'll re-sign Goldson and RJF, let Sopoago go.

And i believe we currently have 11 picks- our own 7, Panthers 3rd, Colts 5th, Dolphins 6th, and Bengals 7th. Plus Maiocco speculated we could get 3 extra comp picks- maybe as high as a 3rd, because of the contract/playing time Adam Snyder is getting.

All in all, with so many picks, and a GM thats active in trading down (Culliver, Bowman) and trading up (Kaepernick, Anthony Davis) it should be a fun draft! What i really want the most out of this draft is a guy who can take over for Justin Smith when he eventually leaves. As good as JJ Watt is too much to ask for, but i'd love to get a guy like Muhammed Wilkerson (a beast in his own right, just not playing at a HOF level like Watt).

Don't expect a lot of day 1 impact either way, unless we let Goldson go. Then we'll need a starting FS. Other than that, its all about shoring up that depth and having guys who can replace other starters when they're contracts are up in a year or 2. Go 9ers!

Edit- actually, i would also be in favor of drafting/singing a priority UDFA at Kicker. We need competition for Akers at least. I'm jealous of these new rookie kickers like Justin Tucker, Greg Zuerlein, and Blair Walsh.

I hope we don't draft like this. We have so much depth that if we just drafted a bunch of bodies many of them wouldn't even make the team, let alone contribute. Look at James and Jenkins this year. In order to keep the good run we're on going, I think we need to draft a few potential stars. I would gladly package all of those picks for 4 or 5 much higher ones. Our d-line is getting up there in age and our backups are not particularly strong. I'd look for a DE and even a NT, and I'd also be interested, a little lower down, in a CB and/or S. On offense I'm putting TE high on the list because of Walker's contract situation and his inconsistent hands. And then, it's really hard for me to judge any of our backup o-linemen. I'd go ahead and take a T, G or C depending on which positions our staff thought were weakest. And with the thought that Alex might move on (and I hope we can get a decent pick for him, preferably a future pick since we already have so many this year) a mid round QB with some potential would be nice too. Kicker is clearly a need, but I'm thinking we would get a FA kicker rather than draft one, but using a pick on one is certainly a possibility.

I don't think we have to look into a future pick for Alex. I think packaging him with a pick in order to trade up would be preferable. Imagine Alex plus one of our third round picks in exchange for a high second rounder. We'd have a late first, an early second, a late second, still another third and perhaps a comp pick. I think we'd have more than enough to solidify our roster with our first five picks. The rest could be used to move up or down a few spots to get the guy we want.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Isn't he a FB? I like Millard, but would rather have Ertz or Eifert to take over Delanie's spot.

He is listed as a FB, but look at his size! Also, he lines up as a TE at times...similar to Walker.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

He is listed as a FB, but look at his size! Also, he lines up as a TE at times...similar to Walker.

I wouldn't mind taking him in the later rounds if he's available. Problem is, he's the #1 rated FB, so we might have to make a move in the 4th or earlier.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

I don't think we have to look into a future pick for Alex. I think packaging him with a pick in order to trade up would be preferable. Imagine Alex plus one of our third round picks in exchange for a high second rounder. We'd have a late first, an early second, a late second, still another third and perhaps a comp pick. I think we'd have more than enough to solidify our roster with our first five picks. The rest could be used to move up or down a few spots to get the guy we want.

Sure. That works too. I was already thinking we'd be packaging a bunch of picks to move up. It always seems like NE ends up stockpiling picks even though they're always picking low. I like that. We have extra picks this year; would be nice to have one or more extras next year too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for us to get Xavier Rhodes in the first.I think with the right coaching he could become shut down material. Plus he's 6'1 217 I would love to have a pair of young big corners.
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else like the idea of using a late rounder on Marcus Lattimore? If it weren't for injuries he'd be the #1 back in the draft and the closest thing to Adrian Peterson since Adrian Peterson. I mean, we'd be the perfect spot for him. We wouldn't need him right away, so he could sit on the bench for a year and get healthy while also learning the system.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
Anybody else like the idea of using a late rounder on Marcus Lattimore? If it weren't for injuries he'd be the #1 back in the draft and the closest thing to Adrian Peterson since Adrian Peterson. I mean, we'd be the perfect spot for him. We wouldn't need him right away, so he could sit on the bench for a year and get healthy while also learning the system.

I thought about this too. I wouldn't want to spend anything higher than out fifth. But I think a team will take the risk earlier.

Could be a high risk, high reward move.

We grabbed looney in the third and can johnson in the seventh. Balke knew both had injuries but made the pick. But this is different with a much bigger unknown.

new sig... sorry alex
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

I thought about this too. I wouldn't want to spend anything higher than out fifth. But I think a team will take the risk earlier.

We grabbed looney in the third and can johnson in the seventh. Balke knew both had injuries but made the pick. But this is different with a much bigger unknown.

Depending on if he's just a "future" kinda pick, I wouldn't mind a third. Really reminds me of Frank Gore in many ways, and that didn't turn out so bad for us. At this point, our draft picks are for the future, so if he's available with one of our third round picks, why not? Keep him on the PUP list all year so he doesn't waste a roster spot (see Darius Fleming), and then we can have him fresh for 2014, which I believe is also Gore's final year (that makes me . Crying or Very sad )

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 27th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 49
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 743
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

There is a bigger risk with Lattimore, but Johnson and Looney don't have near the upside Lattimore does. He's got top 5 runningback potential. Besides the last injury prone rb with knee problems we picked turned out pretty good, eh?

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

Depending on if he's just a "future" kinda pick, I wouldn't mind a third. Really reminds me of Frank Gore in many ways, and that didn't turn out so bad for us. At this point, our draft picks are for the future, so if he's available with one of our third round picks, why not? Keep him on the PUP list all year so he doesn't waste a roster spot (see Darius Fleming), and then we can have him fresh for 2014, which I believe is also Gore's final year (that makes me . Crying or Very sad )

This. I've said this a coupe times before, very solid back.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tweeted a few months back that we should draft Lattimore. Gore 2.0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 9 of 101

Jump to: