Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell Reply with quote

More Proof that Redball is powder cake coach 2.0

As repeatedly said in the Redball thread - there is just simply no player accountability. Like how he didnt bench Felix Jones from KR's - showing that he is Jerrys puppet. And he def. didnt bench Dez Bryant from PR's for being careless with the ball. And now we have Free, who is being nurtured like a baby.

Once again Jerry GM stated earlier this week he has not lost faith in Free Link, so therefor Doug is under no pressure of being benched.

Hell, even talking piece of the franchise, beat writer/scout Bryan Broddus concludes the same...

Quote:
Youíve watched the tape on Doug Free for the last few weeks and youíve seen Parnell play as well. Even though Free has struggled, do the Cowboys have any options to get better this year?

Broaddus: Parnell is an option but until you hear that he is splitting reps with Free at right tackle then this move will not happen. Coaches are creatures of habit in that they just donít like to make a lot of changes.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/3-Pressing-Questions-Broaddus-Discusses-Right-Tackle-Zimmer/753cbdc4-1475-4f32-bc37-78cf46e9a258

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm... Wait a second. thats not right...

Garrett ignored JJ and benched Felix?
He also benched his start WR who was begging for PR duties?
But... then that could possibly mean......

NICK EATMAN TODAY ON COWBOYS BREAK SAID THE COWBOYS ARE SPLITTING TIME THIS WEEK BETWEEN PARNELL AND FREE AT RT

Here is a related article about Parnell:

Quote:
ďThat might not sound very significant, but itís really significant for a guy who hasnít played very much to go out there in those critical situations. And to be honest with you, early on in the year, he didnít handle it very well. But we felt it was important to persist with that, keep giving him chances. Heís gotten better and better just in handling the situation, the snap count, his assignments, their adjustments. He improved, and I think it helped him when he played when Tyron was out.Ē

But left tackle appears to be manned with Smith. Right tackle might open up if the Cowboys decide to move on from Doug Free.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/cowboys-encouraged-by-parnells-rally-from-rough-start-to-season-will-talk-about-him-at-right-tackle.html#storylink=cpy
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...Jerry actually meant what he said about Garrett having control of this roster?

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS - MATTS!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

y u slo, tho?
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

y u slo, tho?

Liquor. Sad

In Redball I Trust!
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time they are splitting reps. He better actually give parnell a chance if Free struggles early next game--which he will. Sorry do you know approximately what time in the video eatman mentions this?
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
About time they are splitting reps. He better actually give parnell a chance if Free struggles early next game--which he will. Sorry do you know approximately what time in the video eatman mentions this?

Somewhere around the 25 - 30 minute mark, if I recall correctly.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone isn't considering the other benefit of this.

Free is given competition. I am a strong advocate of competition breeds success - it's part of the reason I always want to churn the bottom third of the roster. This may light a fire under Free's rump. In the best possible of situations Free reverts back to his top 10 Tackle Days.

In Redball I Trust!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Everyone isn't considering the other benefit of this.

Free is given competition. I am a strong advocate of competition breeds success - it's part of the reason I always want to churn the bottom third of the roster. This may light a fire under Free's rump. In the best possible of situations Free reverts back to his top 10 Tackle Days.

By all means, if this gets Free to play at even an above average level...it will be a positive thing. If not, then Parnell replaces Free and we cut him after the season.

^^^mack
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Found it around the 28 minute mark. He said that this has actually been happening for multiple weeks. Im not going to applaud Garrett until he actually gives parnell a chance over free.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Found it around the 28 minute mark. He said that this has actually been happening for multiple weeks. Im not going to applaud Garrett until he actually gives parnell a chance over free.

Couldnt have been happening for to long, since he was our starting LT before last week....
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh , I am sure this too will get twisted around soon enough Smile
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope garrett makes this move. It would help restore a lot of the faith and hope i had for him this offseason.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
More Proof that Redball is powder cake coach 2.0

As repeatedly said in the Redball thread - there is just simply no player accountability. Like how he didnt bench Felix Jones from KR's - showing that he is Jerrys puppet. And he def. didnt bench Dez Bryant from PR's for being careless with the ball. And now we have Free, who is being nurtured like a baby.

Once again Jerry GM stated earlier this week he has not lost faith in Free Link, so therefor Doug is under no pressure of being benched.

Hell, even talking piece of the franchise, beat writer/scout Bryan Broddus concludes the same...

Quote:
Youíve watched the tape on Doug Free for the last few weeks and youíve seen Parnell play as well. Even though Free has struggled, do the Cowboys have any options to get better this year?

Broaddus: Parnell is an option but until you hear that he is splitting reps with Free at right tackle then this move will not happen. Coaches are creatures of habit in that they just donít like to make a lot of changes.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/3-Pressing-Questions-Broaddus-Discusses-Right-Tackle-Zimmer/753cbdc4-1475-4f32-bc37-78cf46e9a258

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm... Wait a second. thats not right...

Garrett ignored JJ and benched Felix?
He also benched his start WR who was begging for PR duties?
But... then that could possibly mean......

NICK EATMAN TODAY ON COWBOYS BREAK SAID THE COWBOYS ARE SPLITTING TIME THIS WEEK BETWEEN PARNELL AND FREE AT RT

Here is a related article about Parnell:

Quote:
ďThat might not sound very significant, but itís really significant for a guy who hasnít played very much to go out there in those critical situations. And to be honest with you, early on in the year, he didnít handle it very well. But we felt it was important to persist with that, keep giving him chances. Heís gotten better and better just in handling the situation, the snap count, his assignments, their adjustments. He improved, and I think it helped him when he played when Tyron was out.Ē

But left tackle appears to be manned with Smith. Right tackle might open up if the Cowboys decide to move on from Doug Free.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/cowboys-encouraged-by-parnells-rally-from-rough-start-to-season-will-talk-about-him-at-right-tackle.html#storylink=cpy

About 6 weeks too late, but a good start. The next move should be removing him from the team.

On another note, Ogletree remains the 3rd WR? I certainly cannot understand why.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beasly and Harris have had more targets and/or production the last 3 games. I think they are clearly phasing ogletree out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: