Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remixxxxxxx offseason overhaul v3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Meco wrote:
Jack Del Rio? And he keeps Todd Bowles? Oh heeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll no.

[img]http://4funz.com/Funny-Pictures/animals/dogs/img-do-not-want-141[/img]

Would like to get more feedback as opposed to this and a dog gif that doesn't even work.

It didn't even work? Dagnabbit.

Jack Del Rio was a complete and total failure in Jacksonville and he had more than enough time to build the franchise his way and it never went anywhere. And Todd Bowles is currently calling the worst pass defense in the history of the NFL and you have us keeping him. I'm not thrilled with that right off the bat.

To be fair, Jacksonville were a good team until Gene Smith got his grubby mits all over it. He's a bit like Howie Roseman in that regards.

Careful MarkyMark, you're going to upset the Dane.

Last edited by Meco on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
To be fair, Jacksonville were a good team until Gene Smith got his grubby mits all over it. He's a bit like Howie Roseman in that regards.

Jacksonville was a good team in the 90's...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want no part of Jack Del Rio as HC. Bowles has ticket out of town as well. I'm not a fan of the staff in any way.

I understand both of these points, but I've posted above why I made these choices.

Quote:
I think we're going to re-sign Scott, we're going to be young at QB next year, and we'll need to protect him. Also think Dunlap is a solid backup LT, 2 of his penalties and at least 2 of his sacks came at RT, when he's a LT. You can do worse as a backup LT.

I think Scott will end up on a zone team, he won't fit in here anymore, though I'd love to keep him. I also believe Queen Duncrap is going to be provided with a chance to start next year, making him pass on us.

Quote:
I doubt Jenkins or Nnamdi have much trade value if at all. Its all but known they'll be cut, and that certainly means winning teams won't have to give up mid round picks (which could provide depth and in some cases starters) for aging declining players.

I agree - I do think with a paycut though, Nnamdi's value is around a late fourth/mid fifth.

Quote:
Our corners would be softer than wet flowers between Porter and DRC.

I like what Tracy Porter would bring to this team, while not overly physical, he's not the softest guy - but I understand this point.

Quote:
Delmas' body is breaking down and he's looking more and more like Bob Sanders and that scares the hell out of me, especially over a 5 year contract.

You could be onto something here, but it seems like he's had leg[hamstring?] issues as of late - think he'll be a hot name come free agency time.

Quote:
Sedrick Ellis stinks.

He's not very good, but he's not the worst options - just need him to plug holes. I was say we're going to land either he or Corey Williams, and I went for the younger player.

Quote:
Wheeler is a solid football player.

Agreed - he'd fit in great with Demeco and Mychal.

Quote:
Not a fan of Foster or Barksdale, both teams are pretty bad along the OL, Barksdale couldn't crack the lineup and Foster is pretty average at best. I would rather keep Dunlap.

I don't the either is that bad of an option, but they're also not the best option. I like Barksdale as a backup offensive tackle type player, and I think Foster is a hardnose guy who just needs a new team[though he hasn't been awful].

Quote:
I don't want an OT in the first, Peters and Herremans will be the tackles next year, they were highly successful in 2011 there. Herremans may have regressed, but playing next to Danny Watkins didn't help. If we re-sign Scott our interior is set as well with he Mathis and Kelce, and we are drafting for depth, which you don't do in the first round.

Jake Matthews is way to good to pass up there, and that would give us a very good line with Matthews - Todd - Kelce/Lewis - Foster - Peters. I considered giving us Keenan Allen there, but think it's a slight reach.

Quote:
Really like the Eiffert pick. He's a stud.

yep

Quote:
While Patterson is a terrific athlete, his route running is bad and he has hands like a clock. There are better receivers avalible.

I think teams are going to fall in love with Pattersons speed and size combo - could actually see him going in the first round come draft day. I do agree about his hands, they need a lot of work, but the route thing is overstated, not many college WRs run good routes anymore.

Quote:
Meh on Trufaunt and Bailey

They both will provide good prospect that need to be developed, both could start for this team down the road.

Quote:
While Taylor is a terrific athlete, he's not that good of a football player and is a reach in the 4th.

I have him as a fifth round pick right now, but he was the best pass rusher available on my board.

Quote:
I don't like it.

I appreciate the feedback
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Remixxx, I would consider trading back a little and grabbing Mathews though.

I dont like the Nnamdi trade, It does free up a lot of room but I still think he's a top 10 corner'

I really like the Delmas signing and Eifert pick, both are players are team needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: