Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
We'd still have to trade up for Geno. He's not getting by both Jacksonville and Buffalo. I'm sure the Raiders would give a look... Champ you never answered. What's the most picks you'd trade to get into the top 2 for Geno?

I'd give whatever we had to give. He's the best QB that we can acquire this offseason in a league that's completely reliant on good QB play. I'd give whatever it took.

Also, Buffalo picks behind us. They're a non-factor in this race.

Yep. I don't think Oakland is a factor. There defense is sooo bad, like historically bad and Palmers been OK. I could see them going QB round 2.

Bolded: Oakland doesn't have a 2nd round pick. It went to Cincinnati in the Palmer trade.

That fact there IMO makes Oakland a serious wild card in round 1.

I could see them trading down to gain more picks after losing so many through dumb trades of their own.

This is a smart front office with a lot of holes. If we're looking to jump a team to get Geno, I'd start talk to Oakland.

Great minds think alike. I've been pondering the exact same thing. Of course, it's all dependent on Geno getting to 3.

Do we consider Geno an upgrade over Kolb here? Because I can't see us trading up for Geno unless Kolb is gone or Kolb restructures and then Geno gets his mechanics worked on for a year while learning under Kolb maybe?

I know Geno has amazing stats but everything I'm seeing says he technique is seriously flawed at times.

Bolded: There's kinda where my problem lies. Suggesting Geno could or even should sit that first year behind Kevin Kolb suggests that Kevin Kolb might actually last a full year. At this point, we can't even hope for that let alone plan for it. It's a lost cause. He's been here 2 seasons and in those 2 seasons combined he STILL hasn't started 16 games.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, however, unless something changes coaching staff-wise.. you know how this group operates. Even if we trade up for Geno, if they feel during camp that Kolb knows the offense better and gives them a better chance to win, he'll be the starter.

We know Kolb has never played a full season and Geno would step in eventually, but do we trade up and draft Geno to let him sit. Or do we throw him into the fires immediately and live with the growing pains that may or may not occur.

I think the organization is going to attempt to sign Kolb to a smaller deal. If he accepts, they'll make some improvements to the line and draft spots like, OLB, CB, SS, ILB, OG (not necessarily in that order) and roll with Kolb again behind an "improved line" and chalk last season up to injuries.

If Kolb doesn't, then depending on how they rank the lines of Geno, Barkley, Wilson, or Landry Jones etc. they'll pick a QB in the draft and pursue an FA like Vick (bad choice IMO) or Alex Smith.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this teams trades up for Geno, there is no way they sit him behind Kolb, assuming he comes back. If this team is investing assets, in this case multiple draft picks in Geno, than Geno would be thrown into the fire and the team will grow around him. Kolb in that case would only start due to injuries.

On the flipside, if this team were to draft a QB with the first pick without trading up, than it is different. There will be heavy pressure to get the rookie in right away but that may not happen right away. But trading up for a QB means that you are going to roll with him right out the gate.

Justo on the sig
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched a lot of tape today and i really like what i saw from Barkley and Glennon
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope I'm not jinxing it but...

Browns are winning, Panthers are winning, Titans are winning, Chargers are winning.

C'mon Philly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some reasons for the relatively poor season from Barkley (although it was still a pretty good season):

Poor OLine
Poor Offensive Gameplan (apparently Kiffin forcused too much on Marquise Lee even when defenses double and triple covered him)
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Poor Offensive Gameplan (apparently Kiffin forcused too much on Marquise Lee even when defenses double and triple covered him)

Was not a lot wrong with their gameplans. Ran the ball a lot, got Barkley a lot of short completions early. Gave him the chances to stretch the defense. Those plays where he throws to Lee in double and triple coverage, that is on Barkley for not looking elsewhere with the football, that is on Barkley for not going through his progressions and finding the open recevier.

Also - Poor offensive line? What do you think he would get here if he was to be drafted?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Was not a lot wrong with their gameplans. Ran the ball a lot, got Barkley a lot of short completions early. Gave him the chances to stretch the defense. Those plays where he throws to Lee in double and triple coverage, that is on Barkley for not looking elsewhere with the football, that is on Barkley for not going through his progressions and finding the open recevier.

Also - Poor offensive line? What do you think he would get here if he was to be drafted?

The USC gameplan was focused too much on Lee. The oline has improved and will continue to improve through the draft and with Levi coming back.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
The USC gameplan was focused too much on Lee. The oline has improved and will continue to improve through the draft and with Levi coming back.

Why would you not focus your gameplan on your best offensive player. You put plays in there to get him the football.

But the fact he is getting thrown to in triple coverage is on Barkley not on the coaches who draw up the gameplan.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:

Browns are winning, Panthers are winning, Titans are winning, Chargers are winning.

C'mon Philly

Update: Browns taking care of business, will move to 5 wins. Titans by 2 in the 4th but Colts are driving. Bolts blowing out PIT, will have 5 wins. Carolina by 10, they'll move to 5 wins.

We're moving up at least 3 spots into the top 6...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

C'mon Philly

Update: Browns taking care of business, will move to 5 wins. Titans by 2 in the 4th but Colts are driving. Bolts blowing out PIT, will have 5 wins. Carolina by 10, they'll move to 5 wins.

And if I am honest it scares me just a little bit, from what I have seen Geno Smith is not an elite QB prospect (Would have been 4th QB taken in last years draft), though I would LOVE to have Moore or Werner here.

JohnnyV

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

C'mon Philly

The locks to pick ahead of us are Jacksonville, KC, Oakland and probably Philly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

C'mon Philly

And if I am honest it scares me just a little bit, from what I have seen Geno Smith is not an elite QB prospect (Would have been 4th QB taken in last years draft), though I would LOVE to have Moore or Werner here.

We'll get a really good player. A top 5 pick in this draft is hard to screw up unless we take Te'o... Luck with another comeback so we'll stay right with the Titans it looks like.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAGLES WIN!!!!!

Foles!!!!

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington win is huge for us too, pushes that Rams pick lower.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 90 of 100

Jump to: