Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Frazier's Future/Future HC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Frazier the HC in 2013?
Yes?
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
No?
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author Message
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 8942
Location: SLP, MN
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, I am very active on twinsdaily and the conversation here is 100x more civil and respectful. Thank you all.
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
milanb


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 5990
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
It has a lot to do with poor talent, but the coaches are also not putting the players in a position to succeed; that is particularly true on offense.


That isn't necessarily correct. While we certainly can see deficiencies on the team, let's look at all the players having good years under this coaching staff:

Kyle Rudolph
Adrian Peterson
Percy Harvin
Michael Jenkins (not spectacular certainly, but he actually is having a decent season)
Jamarca Sanford
Chris Cook (prior to the injury)
Harrison Smith

There certainly are some coaching staff issues at times, but I still argue that unless the actual talent is upgraded, coaching staff changes aren't going to help. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

It's more than just a coaching staff issue. Firing Musgrave and/or Frazier won't solve the problems. We saw that with Childress. How many people here were clamoring for him to get fired in '07/'08 because his/Bevell's playcalling was terrible? Favre comes in, same playcalling, they go to the NFCC.


Here's the other thing.

At the start of the season a lot of people questioned whether Frazier would be able to motivate the remaining veteran players on a mostly young, untalented team. But Frazier has done just that. Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, Kevin Williams, Chad Greenway, Antoine Winfield and Jared Allen have all played really well and have helped bring along a lot of the younger players.
_________________

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikes_Bolts1228


Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 3723
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
I must say, I am very active on twinsdaily and the conversation here is 100x more civil and respectful. Thank you all.


It's quite nice.

There's some strong opinions here but instead of name calling, it's facts/stats/reasonable debates.
_________________
"Man, Adrian Peterson doesn't get tackled. He just decides that's enough for one carry."

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
I must say, I am very active on twinsdaily and the conversation here is 100x more civil and respectful. Thank you all.


It's quite nice.

There's some strong opinions here but instead of name calling, it's facts/stats/reasonable debates.


[Removed by Moderator] is the best community of all for football discussion. Superb level of respect and civility all around. I split my time here and there.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47480
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:


is the best community of all for football discussion. Superb level of respect and civility all around. I split my time here and there.


Plugging other football forums is against the rules.

Quote:
7. Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs.http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21944



http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:


is the best community of all for football discussion. Superb level of respect and civility all around. I split my time here and there.


Plugging other football forums is against the rules.

Quote:
7. Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs.http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21944



http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338


So did you read PCP's post at the top of this page? He mentions another forum by name and his post has not been marked and edited.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6379
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:


So did you read PCP's post at the top of this page? He mentions another forum by name and his post has not been marked and edited.


Last I checked, the Twins aren't a football team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:


So did you read PCP's post at the top of this page? He mentions another forum by name and his post has not been marked and edited.


Last I checked, the Twins aren't a football team.


Quote:
7. Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs.http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21944


Do you understand better now?
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72781
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeeez...

PCP didn't promote a website, in fact he basically said it was a poor one. but someone mentioning another site as "the best community of all for football discussion" might be seen as promoting it.

we all know you didn't mean any harm by it, but why do it? and then why argue with the mods?

when a mod tells us to stop, then we do. i stop too when they tell me to. even if i don't agree with them. but it's necessary for the role of order here.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
jeeez...

PCP didn't promote a website, in fact he basically said it was a poor one. but someone mentioning another site as "the best community of all for football discussion" might be seen as promoting it.

we all know you didn't mean any harm by it, but why do it? and then why argue with the mods?

when a mod tells us to stop, then we do. i stop too when they tell me to. even if i don't agree with them. but it's necessary for the role of order here.


I was unaware of the rule, and you have this right, I didn't mean anything by it. If I had known the rule beforehand, I would have avoided mentioning the site by name. My b.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72781
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no foul.

it's a good idea for everyone to read over Webby's complete rules every once in awhile, as a refresher. it only takes a few minutes, they're here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9343
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
no foul.

it's a good idea for everyone to read over Webby's complete rules every once in awhile, as a refresher. it only takes a few minutes, they're here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9343



You never know....there could be a pop quiz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72781
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
[UMN]


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 13303
Location: Desolation Row
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was in charge to pick a NFL Head Coach, I would pick Tom Clements:


- Former Notre Dame All-American QB and won the 1973 National Championship
- 7x CFL All-Star, 2x Grey Cup winner and inducted into the CFL Hall of Fame in 1994.
- While still in the CFL, Clements graduated magna cum laude from Notre Dame Law School in 1986
- Worked 5 years as a lawyer before going into coaching
- Served as QB coach for Notre Dame, NO, KC, PIT, BUF and GB from ’92-’12.
- under Clements’s tutelage, Elvis Grbac (‘00), Kordell Stewart (‘01) and Tommy Maddox (‘02) each reached the Pro Bowl.
- Coached Brett Favre and developed Aaron Rodgers from ’06 to ’12 in GB.
- Served as the GB offensive coordinator in 2012.
_________________
From the fool’s gold mouthpiece the hollow horn,
Plays wasted words, proves to warn,
That he not busy being born is busy dying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 23960
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Norv Turner is out at the end of the year. I know a lot around here would consider him a prime offensive coordinator candidate.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group