Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clint Session waived.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rackley, Spitz, Estes, Nowak are all on IR.

Meester has been dealing with a foot injury since midseason.
Earlier in the year, Bradfield and Britton had been battling injuries for several weeks.

Baldridge just got signed by Tennessee off our practice squad.

I think that's about the extent of major injuries on the O-line.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Earlier in the year, Bradfield and Britton had been battling injuries for several weeks.

So it's basically just Rackley who is a bit of a wildcard and could be decent maybe...and a bunch of depth/filler/project guys? Pretty much what i thought...

Really doesn't seem like injuries are the biggest issue holding back our O-line.
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing we got rid of injury prone Justin Durant for this guy. Session had 19 solos and 11 half tackles in 9 games for us, amazing. Clint has only missed 20 games for us which is way better then Durant. Let me look up Durant....oh, okay here we go Durant has 121 solos and 29 assist. Durant has only missed 3 games since leaving Jacksonville.

Great move Gene I so hope your fired, you let Durant leave because you couldnt handle that Harris drafted some good players and you wanted this whole roster to be your players. Well my friend you got your wish this team is a dumpster fire of talent. Every young player Harris drafted you had to get rid of except MJD.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags suck at self-scouting. Let's leave it at that.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

So it's basically just Rackley who is a bit of a wildcard and could be decent maybe...and a bunch of depth/filler/project guys? Pretty much what i thought...

Really doesn't seem like injuries are the biggest issue holding back our O-line.

It's hard to know what we have as depth and moving forward when they're all hurt. That's the point.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

It's hard to know what we have as depth and moving forward when they're all hurt. That's the point.

That's fair. It would be nice to know that kinda thing, and now would be as good an opportunity as any to find out...were they not injured.

But ultimately, we need O-Line starters at multiple positions. Reliable depth guys are great, but when i think 'talent at O-Line', i don't typically think of Estes, Spitz, Nowak, et al.

Rackley is the only injury i see potentially impacting that. And there's no guarantees with that by any means.
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

When you lose two assumed starters and multiple backups, it's not easy to fairly evaluate the group. It doesn't help that Meester is no spring chicken and has to hit the wall sooner or later (seems to be right about now).

Moving forward with Monroe and Uche as guaranteed quality starters along with some youth and depth pieces mixed in there isn't exactly a weakness (assuming a piece or two is added in April).

Injuries derailed the offensive line. I'm not sure there's any other way to look at it - too much what-if.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Rackley is the only injury i see potentially impacting that.

Whatever your take on Britton, his back going out - among many other ailments - it has to put him in the equation, especially in the tail end of his rookie contract.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britton should be able to be brought back for relatively cheap and as much as it isn't what people want to hear, bringing him back for cheap and allowing him to compete is probably the best route with him. I really do wonder where he would be at in his career right now if it were not for injuries. He did, after all, look promising (better than Monroe, even) his rookie year when he was healthy the entire time.

iPwn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
Good thing we got rid of injury prone Justin Durant for this guy. Session had 19 solos and 11 half tackles in 9 games for us, amazing. Clint has only missed 20 games for us which is way better then Durant. Let me look up Durant....oh, okay here we go Durant has 121 solos and 29 assist. Durant has only missed 3 games since leaving Jacksonville.

Great move Gene I so hope your fired, you let Durant leave because you couldnt handle that Harris drafted some good players and you wanted this whole roster to be your players. Well my friend you got your wish this team is a dumpster fire of talent. Every young player Harris drafted you had to get rid of except MJD.

Letting go of Durant had much more to do with the fact that he and Daryl are both best suited for to play Sam than anything else. We needed (and still do now) a Will LB. Session was that guy and played well in that role while here. Tackle totals are a terrible way to judge players for a number of reasons; tackle totals are recorded differently by each team. Some teams don't give you a tackle when you're the only guy in the area with a hand on the ball carrier, others will give you a tackle when you're near the ball carrier when he goes down, and, of course, a Sam and a Will have different responsibilities in a scheme, so their numbers will be different just based on that. I'm not sure anyone that watched the games really came away thinking that Session wasn't playing very well in the Will, whereas I'm not sure many people ever thought Durant was a good Will LB, even though he's good at the Sam. That's why we kept shuffling Smith and Durant back and forth between the Sam and Will, one year Durant was playing the Will, then the Sam, then the Will.

And blaming Gene for Durant not reporting a concussion is blatantly ridiculous.

- Best since day one -
jagman777

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Britton should be able to be brought back for relatively cheap and as much as it isn't what people want to hear, bringing him back for cheap and allowing him to compete is probably the best route with him. I really do wonder where he would be at in his career right now if it were not for injuries. He did, after all, look promising (better than Monroe, even) his rookie year when he was healthy the entire time.

Britton has been repeatedly benched for undrafted players, post-injury excuses. If he isn't up to it now I doubt he ever will be.
iPwn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Britton has been repeatedly benched for undrafted players, post-injury excuses. If he isn't up to it now I doubt he ever will be.
If I remember correctly, he had an ankle injury early in the season and had a back issue coming out of the bye and got benched in the Oakland game. Bradfield has played well enough (I guess it's all relative) to not warrant handing the job back.

- Best since day one -
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

If I remember correctly, he had an ankle injury early in the season and had a back issue coming out of the bye and got benched in the Oakland game. Bradfield has played well enough (I guess it's all relative) to not warrant handing the job back.

Not to mention, it doesn't invalidate the notion that signing him to a cheap deal to compete is not a good idea.

mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
AngryPirate wrote:

Letting go of Durant had much more to do with the fact that he and Daryl are both best suited for to play Sam than anything else. We needed (and still do now) a Will LB. Session was that guy and played well in that role while here. Tackle totals are a terrible way to judge players for a number of reasons; tackle totals are recorded differently by each team. Some teams don't give you a tackle when you're the only guy in the area with a hand on the ball carrier, others will give you a tackle when you're near the ball carrier when he goes down, and, of course, a Sam and a Will have different responsibilities in a scheme, so their numbers will be different just based on that. I'm not sure anyone that watched the games really came away thinking that Session wasn't playing very well in the Will, whereas I'm not sure many people ever thought Durant was a good Will LB, even though he's good at the Sam. That's why we kept shuffling Smith and Durant back and forth between the Sam and Will, one year Durant was playing the Will, then the Sam, then the Will.

And blaming Gene for Durant not reporting a concussion is blatantly ridiculous.

Wow, you seriously have no clue what you are talking about do you? Durant was always the weak side LB for us, except for the 1 season he was the middle LB. Smith has either been a strong side LB or the middle LB while Durant was on this team. They never played the same position in a season.

Durant was a very good player for us, but everyone hated him and didn't want him resigned because he would miss 2 or 3 full games every year to injuries. Which really isn't as bad a thing as it was made out to be.

Then the Jags signed a guy to replace him who was coming off of IR the previous season. Not only that, but they gave Sessions $6 mil a year when Durant could have been resigned for less than $2 mil a year.

Gene Smith probably let him go because he was a Shack Harris pick and he wasn't so good the Jags desperately needed to keep him.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't say they played the same position. He said they should play the same position - ie: Justin Durant was a SLB playing WLB (and MLB for a year).

Also, I think when Session was available last year he showed exactly why he was chosen over Durant. He was much more of a playmaker and a thumper than Durant was. It's a shame that things didn't work out, but even with somewhat of an injury history, no one could have predicted what happened to him.

lol @ the continued conspiracy crap though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: