Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
young juice wrote:
not a college expert at all but from some sites and reading some stuff this isn't a mock at all just maybe some guys I would maybe like with our first few picks.

1st: CB Xavier Rhodes
2nd: OL/OT DJ Fluker
3rd: DT Kwame Geathers

probably is bad but I have plenty of time to do more research

Draft is months away

I'd be a little upset if we came away with that. Xavier Rhodes is a specimen, but has lived up to the hype. Fluker has bricks for feet, nice run blocker - but I wouldn't want him protecting Brady's right side. Geather is a nose tackle. I'd prefer a pass-rushing UT to make use of blockers Vince swallows up.

You put Geather in as NT and Wilfork as DE in a 34 front. Both of them in a 43 front I think could work. It worked for the Vikings with the Williams duo. It allows Spikes/Mayo to be more free to blitz or drop in coverage and not worry about the run and bite on play action.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Sciz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
You put Geather in as NT and Wilfork as DE in a 34 front. Both of them in a 43 front I think could work. It worked for the Vikings with the Williams duo. It allows Spikes/Mayo to be more free to blitz or drop in coverage and not worry about the run and bite on play action.
Williams and Williams worked because Kevin could rush the passer much better than either Wilfork or Geathers. Put Wilfork, Geathers, and another big DL on the field at once, and the pass rush gets even worse.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
Williams and Williams worked because Kevin could rush the passer much better than either Wilfork or Geathers. Put Wilfork, Geathers, and another big DL on the field at once, and the pass rush gets even worse.

Wilfork can rush the passer pretty well. He just never gets an opportunity because he's always doubled. All you need is him and Geather or whoever is the theoretical DT next to Wilfork to collapse the pocket so the QB can't step up to avoid Chandler/Nink.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

Wilfork can rush the passer pretty well. He just never gets an opportunity because he's always doubled. All you need is him and Geather or whoever is the theoretical DT next to Wilfork to collapse the pocket so the QB can't step up to avoid Chandler/Nink.

Geathers wouldn't give us anything Kyle Love doesn't already do. We really need someone who can rush the passer from the inside, it really is that simple. Let Vince do what he does.
BP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite...

1st round prospects: Eric Reid, Jesse Williams, Matt Barkley, Luke Joeckel, Teo, Keenan Lewis, Barrett Jones, Jarvis Jones, Dee Milliner, TJ McDonald, Tyler Eifert, DeAndrae Hopkins, Eddie Lacy, Chase Warmack, Sam Montgomery, Jake Matthews, Damontre Moore

2nd round: Alex Okafor, Andre Ellington, Jonathan Cooper, Quinton Patton, Andrew Murray, Landry Jones, Cordorrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Robert Woods, Jonathan Banks, Xavier Rhodes, Barkevious Mingo, Zack Ertz, Sharrif Floyd, Ezekiel Ansah, Dion Jordan, Kawann Short, Robert Lester

Last edited by BP on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
BP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the OP, I'm not an Aaron Dobson fan. Just sayin'. I agree with all the other prospects you have listed and the descriptions for them. I don't however want Aaron Dobson on the Patriots. He seems to lack maturity. He's reminicent of a less athletic Dez Bryant 2.0 with arguably better/or more consistent hands. Perhaps a better comparison would be to compare him to Tampa Bay's Mike Williams, except much bigger. If he's there in the third and I'm Bill Belichick, then I look at him but probably draft someone else. If he's hanging around late in the fourth, then I really start to look at him as someone I'm trading up to get. That's my 0.02.
BP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mock draft:
-Trade own 3rd and Tampa Bay 7th to move up in the 3rd for Kawann Short who falls due to questions surrounding his motor and commitment to football, (contingent on a lackluster combine/pro day performance).

1(own). Chance Warmack, RG, Alabama
2(own). Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
3(trade). Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
7(own). Colby Cameron, QB, Louisiana Tech
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Mock draft:
-Trade own 3rd and Tampa Bay 7th to move up in the 3rd for Kawann Short who falls due to questions surrounding his motor and commitment to football, (contingent on a lackluster combine/pro day performance).

I have a hard time seeing Tavon Austin and Kawann Short fall out of the top 45. Austin because a lot of teams are going to consider him the #1 WR in the entire draft. Short because no matter how badly he bombs the offseason, all it takes is 1 GM.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
HOVA333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd Round Robert Woods??

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
rabbisson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are REALLY underrating Kawann Short, but for some reason I feel like I've just seen different tape than anyone else. I just don't know. Short impressed me when I saw him. Always pushing upfield, stout at the POA, played with no talent other than DE Ryan Russell. I think he could be a good fit somewhere.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
BP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
People are REALLY underrating Kawann Short, but for some reason I feel like I've just seen different tape than anyone else. I just don't know. Short impressed me when I saw him. Always pushing upfield, stout at the POA, played with no talent other than DE Ryan Russell. I think he could be a good fit somewhere.
Oh dnt get me wrong here, I think Kawann Short is a borderline late first round pick for some teams. If he's drafted to the Patriots then I think he'd flourish. It's I view him as a borderline third round prospect at this stage in the game. Stocks are always fluctuating during the offseason, but I agree with the premise that it only takes one GM.
BP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
BP wrote:
Mock draft:

I have a hard time seeing Tavon Austin and Kawann Short fall out of the top 45. Austin because a lot of teams are going to consider him the #1 WR in the entire draft. Short because no matter how badly he bombs the offseason, all it takes is 1 GM.
I'd be shocked if after watching tape and a whole offseason of research that the majority of NFL teams would have Keenan Lewis (if he declares), Cordorelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Terrance Williams, Quintin Patton and Justin Hunter lower than Tavon Austin on the big board. I think Austin will weigh in light (170-180 pounds) and fall within being drafted closer to Robert Woods and Aaron Dobson. That's not to say all of those guys cant go in the top 45, because they could, but thats a lot of quality receivers that are draft eligible. I'm thinking it's likely Tavon Austin possibly finds himself falling a little bit due to the strength of this years draft class and the peers at his position in specific.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
BP wrote:
Mock draft:

I don't think Short will fall to the 3rd, but the D tackle class does seem absurdly deep this year. With Austin, guys who fail the eyeball test always get underdrafted - especially when there's a slew of larger athletic receivers potentially available.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
2nd Round Robert Woods??

No. he is Brandon Lloyd. Go for someone with more TALENT.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
2nd Round Robert Woods??

No. he is Brandon Lloyd. Go for someone with more TALENT.

He has way more upside than Lloyd, runs routes - can go vertical. He's the kind of polished receiver that probably wouldn't reach us in the draft most years. I really like Woods.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 8 of 60

Jump to: