Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Monday Night Football: Patriots vs. Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Per Mike Reiss:

Mankins, Connolly and Jones spotted at today's walkthrough. Bolden and Stallworth also present.
The Watt v. Vollmer/Connolly matchup makes me very nervous. Vollmer was clearly playing at far less than 100% against Miami.

Yeah. Although historically, I think when Vollmer does have issues, it's against speed, not power.
Watt has tremendous lateral quickness for a guy his size.

For a guy his size* his speed in general is not to amazing.

I expect Seabass to rise to the challenge! Very Happy
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Per Mike Reiss:

Mankins, Connolly and Jones spotted at today's walkthrough. Bolden and Stallworth also present.
The Watt v. Vollmer/Connolly matchup makes me very nervous. Vollmer was clearly playing at far less than 100% against Miami.

Yeah. Although historically, I think when Vollmer does have issues, it's against speed, not power.

Given the QB he'll be trying to chase down, I don't think his straight line speed is going to be a real detriment to his ability to close in on him.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
At 6'5 260-270, CJ can be a 34 OLB.

Lot more to playing a position than size

I know but the way he moves his hips in a 2 pt stance, I think he could do it full time.
Richter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Per Mike Reiss:

I expect Seabass to rise to the challenge! :D

Wha? He's 6'6", 300 lbs. His get off and burst is amazing, and he can run, too. Used to play tight end.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan Allen entering the draft. Like him a lot.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Per Mike Reiss:

Wha? He's 6'6", 300 lbs. His get off and burst is amazing, and he can run, too. Used to play tight end.

He ran a 4.8 right? That is right where he looks. Not slow, but he isn't exactly Dwight Freeney. He is much bigger than Freeney, but he is no burner regardless≥.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Per Mike Reiss:

I expect Seabass to rise to the challenge! :D

He ran a 4.8 right? That is right where he looks. Not slow, but he isn't exactly Dwight Freeney. He is much bigger than Freeney, but he is no burner regardless≥.

That's an understatement. And 4.8 at 300 pounds is far more impressive than 4.5 at 260. You throw on a 40 pound weight vest and see how much you slow down.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are our ST units looking compared to the Texans'?

Stinks that Edelman is out, he's been pretty good this season with returns.

I think the biggest key to winning this game is the front 7 playing well against the run, and the secondary not biting on PA.

I don't think the front 7 need to play spectacular and get pressure on Schaud ever drop back, I just think they need to limit the run game enough so that the secondary doesn't have to worry about coming in for support and eventually biting on PA and giving up the big plays.

I think if the D can stay disciplined (much easier said than done), then this is the Pats game to lose.

Just remembered the injuries on our O too....which definitely doesn't make me feel better. I expect Brady to have a good game, but I don't expect a 4 TD game tbh. Hopefully Ghost can stop choking and get us an extra 9 points throughout the game.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Per Mike Reiss:

That's an understatement. And 4.8 at 300 pounds is far more impressive than 4.5 at 260. You throw on a 40 pound weight vest and see how much you slow down.

But we're not talking whats impressive, we're talking, pure, raw, hot, sweaty, badass speed Cool
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
Per Mike Reiss:

But we're not talking whats impressive, we're talking, pure, raw, hot, sweaty, badass speed Cool

You will open your eyes Monday night, Watt is a man amongst boys. The key to the game is going to be our O-Line, plain and simple. The Texans are stout at front and we cannot allow them to dictate the flow of the game. Philips may try to move Watt around so we need to have an extra blocker on most passing plays. We need to able to pound the rock, can't let them sit there pinning their ears back all game long.

*Actual time may vary.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:

Our units are gradually getting better, but they're still pretty bad. Trindon Holliday might be doing well in Denver, but he was a disaster in Houston - for a few weeks, we had the worst starting field position in the NFL (excluding turnovers). The coverage unit was nothing to write home about either, as we allowed a few big returns in each game. Shayne Graham has been adequite - might not have a BIG leg, but gets the job done. People have issues with some GWs that he missed in our two OT games, but both of those were 50+ moonshots...and people are quick to forget that Graham DID hit the eventual GW in OT in both games.

Keshawn Martin has been steadily coming on as our FT returner, making his presence felt in each game since taking on the job. Each week, he's had a very positive return, and he's due for one game changing return sometime in the next four weeks...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Rosstafarian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

Our units are gradually getting better, but they're still pretty bad. Trindon Holliday might be doing well in Denver, but he was a disaster in Houston - for a few weeks, we had the worst starting field position in the NFL (excluding turnovers). The coverage unit was nothing to write home about either, as we allowed a few big returns in each game. Shayne Graham has been adequite - might not have a BIG leg, but gets the job done. People have issues with some GWs that he missed in our two OT games, but both of those were 50+ moonshots...and people are quick to forget that Graham DID hit the eventual GW in OT in both games.

Keshawn Martin has been steadily coming on as our FT returner, making his presence felt in each game since taking on the job. Each week, he's had a very positive return, and he's due for one game changing return sometime in the next four weeks...

Martin caught a punt over his shoulder while running away from it. Lets not act like all the kinks are worked out just quite yet.
_Oypus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like both forums think their respective teams aren't going to do well. Tie it is.
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody at practice except Gronk and McDonald. That's a great sign. Now I just hope those guys play on Monday.
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Everybody at practice except Gronk and McDonald. That's a great sign. Now I just hope those guys play on Monday.

You had to think, based on usage patterns and the nature of the injuries suffered by some of these guys, that they were being held out against weaker opponents so as to be closer to 100% in time for these two games, and then the playoffs. If they'd been playing the Texans last week, I think Jones probably would have been back out there, and possibly Mankins. Gronk will be back before the end of the season too, I'll bet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 4 of 44

Jump to: