Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft--Who do you like and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kysteeler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Brandon Jenkins if he comes out. If he did not sure where he would fall.

1. NT
2. Brandon Jenkins ROLB (CBS rankings)
3. S

I think those are our biggest areas of need, unless you think Worilds can take over for Harrison.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Two line backers in first 2 rounds? No thanks.

Love those players, but really unnecessary.

we have 25 sacks this season (on pace for 34), t-21st
we had 34 sacks last season, t-18th...3 more sacks than Jacksonville had last season.

Larry Foote will be 33.
James Harrison will be 35.

to say it's unnecessary is utter nonsense.

Gatoradus wrote:
Don't think robert lester is even that good anymore.

which is why he makes a decent 3rd rounder. He has shown upside
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
I wouldn't mind Brandon Jenkins if he comes out. If he did not sure where he would fall.

1. NT
3. S

I think those are our biggest areas of need, unless you think Worilds can take over for Harrison.

I liked Jenkins a lot. Lisfranc injury scares the heck out of me
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
kysteeler wrote:

1. NT
3. S

I liked Jenkins a lot. Lisfranc injury scares the heck out of me

Did Cam Heyward have lisfranc?

The Steelers don't need 2 LBs especially since they don't know what they have in S. Spence. I'll go with OLB in the first two rounds because of injuries, but even that's a stretch as the Steelers will probably be willing to go with Carter and Worilds.

I still believe any sort of DB, OLB, OG, RB, WR, TE, ILB, QB and then DL. In the probably that order need to be taken.

Fans are willing to give up on Hood because of Watt, J. Smith and maybe a few other 3-4 DEs I'm leaving out. But the Steelers first have to change there scheme for DE's in this defense to matter. Aa. Smith was a lesser version of Watt and those type of players are hard to find.

I believe the Steelers should first fail with Hood, McClendon/Ta'amu, Heyward before they start reloading with DL.

But the Steelers don't have any young quality DBs outside of the 3 young CBs. There has to be a playmaker of some sort drafted because it's apparent that these collection of DBs outside of Troy aren't big interceptors of the ball.

James Harrison is older, Woodley is underachieving and Worilds is unknown up until this point. But James has a year or two left as does Woodley. Worilds could be a quality OLB if given the chance these last few weeks have really shown his growth. But if there is a stud like Brandon Jenkins floating around the 25 pick or lower in the 2nd round then the Steelers have to take a chance.

Ramon Foster and Willie Colon aren't the long term answers at OG and the Steelers have to find another quality interior OG.

I've stated before that I don't think Dwyer will be trusted this off season to take on the RB load. Isaac Redman is a quality back but far from a weekly starter. The Steelers have to draft a RB that will either push Dwyer on or off the roster.

With definite departure of M. Wallace the Steelers need to find another late round gem which they have down at WR almost every year since Holmes departure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
The Steelers don't need 2 LBs especially since they don't know what they have in S. Spence. I'll go with OLB in the first two rounds because of injuries, but even that's a stretch as the Steelers will probably be willing to go with Carter and Worilds.

Worilds might progress, but Carter has shown nothing. He was given quite an opportunity earlier in the season and was invisible.
Spence has never played a down in the NFL, and had an uphill battle due to size as it was. You don't pass on a potentially excellent player because of an injured player who has never shown anything.

SteelProven wrote:
I still believe any sort of DB, OLB, OG, RB, WR, TE, ILB, QB and then DL. In the probably that order need to be taken.

I don't see how you can say that ILB is less of a need than RB, OG, or TE

SteelProven wrote:
Fans are willing to give up on Hood because of Watt, J. Smith and maybe a few other 3-4 DEs I'm leaving out. But the Steelers first have to change there scheme for DE's in this defense to matter. Aa. Smith was a lesser version of Watt and those type of players are hard to find.

I agree, and Cam has shown he can play similar to AA. Hood's game is totally different.

SteelProven wrote:
I believe the Steelers should first fail with Hood, McClendon/Ta'amu, Heyward before they start reloading with DL.

that may end up true, but we have to know who our DC is next season, and we'll have to see who falls to us. It's a particularly deep year for DT.

SteelProven wrote:
But the Steelers don't have any young quality DBs outside of the 3 young CBs.

Robert Golden

SteelProven wrote:
There has to be a playmaker of some sort drafted because it's apparent that these collection of DBs outside of Troy aren't big interceptors of the ball.

agreed. we'll see how it goes

SteelProven wrote:
James Harrison is older, Woodley is underachieving and Worilds is unknown up until this point. But James has a year or two left as does Woodley.

People keep saying that about Deebo, but I'm not sure why people are willing to assume that is the case. He'll be 35. He's had, what, 4-5 surgeries in the last 2 years? It is encouraging that he played well against Baltimore, but OLB is far too critical of a position.

If a true talent falls to us, you absolutely get him. You don't ignore pass rushers.

SteelProven wrote:
Worilds could be a quality OLB if given the chance these last few weeks have really shown his growth. But if there is a stud like Brandon Jenkins floating around the 25 pick or lower in the 2nd round then the Steelers have to take a chance.

I wouldn't go with Jenkins that early until you see how he recovers from his injury. Lisfranc could be nothing, could be heavily detrimental

SteelProven wrote:
Ramon Foster and Willie Colon aren't the long term answers at OG and the Steelers have to find another quality interior OG.

foster is cheap and for a RG in our system, he's just fine. I think Beachum is who they plan on placing there.

SteelProven wrote:
I've stated before that I don't think Dwyer will be trusted this off season to take on the RB load. Isaac Redman is a quality back but far from a weekly starter. The Steelers have to draft a RB that will either push Dwyer on or off the roster.

i'm sure we'll draft a RB, I just hope it isn't high.

SteelProven wrote:
With definite departure of M. Wallace the Steelers need to find another late round gem which they have down at WR almost every year since Holmes departure.

agreed.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment was toward anthony barr/chase thomas, both who are pass-rushers.

If bpa are both ilb and olb, or interchangable whatever that works, i'd be okay. Just not two pass-rushers.
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

This worries more than the WR thing.

Mendenhall sets a precedent that this FO is willing to spend a prime pick on the RB position....so I have to think it's a definite possibility.

If the pass rushers are off the board and they fall in love with a guy like Bernard or Seastrunk I can see them investing a day 1/2 pick.

I'd hate it, but I could see it happening.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:

If bpa are both ilb and olb, or interchangable whatever that works, i'd be okay. Just not two pass-rushers.

Chase Thomas plays all over the place. He could easily be an ILB IMHO, and that's actually how I would look at him, an ILB who can shift outside to generate some pass rush
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

Chase Thomas plays all over the place. He could easily be an ILB IMHO, and that's actually how I would look at him, an ILB who can shift outside to generate some pass rush

Thats how I've always seen him, ability to be versatile but ideally an ILB. He blitzes well up the middle. There are quicker guys that we can find off the edge but he has several moves and works hard to rush from the outside as well.

...you have a forum resume?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Mendenhall sets a precedent that this FO is willing to spend a prime pick on the RB position....so I have to think it's a definite possibility.

If the pass rushers are off the board and they fall in love with a guy like Bernard or Seastrunk I can see them investing a day 1/2 pick.

I think in that case, it had more to do with the fact that the value at other position was pretty bad, and we had the wiggle room to make a luxury pick that year.

This year IMO, thats not the case.

On top of that, I dont see any RBs that would be too much to pass on, although I realize that could change.

You are right...its not impossible. But I hope that they see we arent in position to make a pick like that this year. Hopefully, they are sold enough on Dwyer to give him another year before they think about investing a higher pick on a RB.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
treat88 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I think in that case, it had more to do with the fact that the value at other position was pretty bad, and we had the wiggle room to make a luxury pick that year.

This year IMO, thats not the case.

On top of that, I dont see any RBs that would be too much to pass on, although I realize that could change.

You are right...its not impossible. But I hope that they see we arent in position to make a pick like that this year. Hopefully, they are sold enough on Dwyer to give him another year before they think about investing a higher pick on a RB.

I have to say I've been holding off on Lacy, just watching and waiting, he made the most money by far in the SEC Championship. I also felt that Jesse Williams may have hurt his stock the most in that game, but thats only because I had him figured very high, he also was injured/hurt in that game but my disappointment was pre injury. Sean Williams had a poor showing, but for me he's another of the all hype team.

I had Lacy around the top 40 before that game, I could see him sneaking into the end of round 1 or early 2nd. Theres something even more attractive about him then Richardson for me, I believe it may be that it seems his game speed is better, for me his acceleration through the hole appears quicker.

Another guy is Stefan Taylor, we like to dismiss him but his workman attitude reminds me of Doug Martin in ways. No glitz not the prettiest girl at the dance but just does it over and over again. Follows blocks well, runs through contact, the knock on him would be about start/stop ability on cuts etc. I don't think it's an issue, maybe very good 3rd round value.

Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't chase thomas and timmons both play similar roles if that's case? I never find chase thomas to be a cerebal, a guy who can play coverage for majority of game. He's a good pass-rusher though.

Bottom-line if they go with two linebackers, it'll say more about Woodley than those prospects' potential.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the best RB's in the NFL aren't first round picks, compared to how it used to be. I think it's doubtful we'd take a RB in the first. I have a feeling with the emergence of Watt, teams are going to go crazy drafting DE's this year to try and find the next Watt. Should be funny.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Wouldn't chase thomas and timmons both play similar roles if that's case? I never find chase thomas to be a cerebal, a guy who can play coverage for majority of game. He's a good pass-rusher though.

Bottom-line if they go with two linebackers, it'll say more about Woodley than those prospects' potential.

What is a cerebal?

cerebral ? referring to the brain?

And actually one of Thomas' best abilities is to cover. You need to watch a lot more film on him. The thing he has shown less of this year over last is pass rush, they have rotated him out at times this year because they have so much depth and variations, I think its to keep him fresh as well as he plays all over.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be hard for me to discuss the draft this year since Ive only managed to watch a little college football this year. The whole Penn State thing killed my interest, so I'm going to have to rely on the knowledge of posters on here this time around. Hopefully I get to watch some more stuff on some players before the draft, but I doubt Ill get much in with everything else I have going on. Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: