Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Reid replacement speculation thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33443
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Foles move may have come down from the top.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7685
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I think the Foles move may have come down from the top.


Well....Did you see Lurie's face during the game? Laughing
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33443
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think chip kelly could be a very good choice for us next year. He could do wonders with mccoy and brown.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21230
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice quote on hiring a college coach as HC:

Quote:
A key when hiring a college coach is to hire the coach's mind, philosophy, and personality - not his scheme

_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35274
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Nice quote on hiring a college coach as HC:

Quote:
A key when hiring a college coach is to hire the coach's mind, philosophy, and personality - not his scheme


Chip says he would play the I-Formation if he had the players, we'll have to wait and see.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 43082
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, told everyone he wont use the same scheme
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35274
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urban Meyer and Chip Kelly breaking down Oregon offense on ESPN

About 3 minutes where he talks about the spread offense. But at the end he says he would run the scheme his player would fit.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FleaFlicker597


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 435
Location: Anti-Titletown, USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Nice quote on hiring a college coach as HC:

Quote:
A key when hiring a college coach is to hire the coach's mind, philosophy, and personality - not his scheme


Chip says he would play the I-Formation if he had the players, we'll have to wait and see.


I think you're taking this wrong. He means he would run the scheme that his players best fit, not he wants to run the Power-I. He says something like if I had guys that were good in the Power-I, I'd run that. Meaning he matches his talent with the scheme.
_________________

^Kiltman on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35274
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FleaFlicker597 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Nice quote on hiring a college coach as HC:

Quote:
A key when hiring a college coach is to hire the coach's mind, philosophy, and personality - not his scheme


Chip says he would play the I-Formation if he had the players, we'll have to wait and see.


I think you're taking this wrong. He means he would run the scheme that his players best fit, not he wants to run the Power-I. He says something like if I had guys that were good in the Power-I, I'd run that. Meaning he matches his talent with the scheme.


Which was what I said?
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48538
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
See, told everyone he wont use the same scheme


Yep. I don't know why people keep insisting he would run the Oregon offense in the NFL.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does coaching to your talent work long term when you factor in drafting and free agency? It's one thing to get the best out of what you already have on the roster, but how does that relate to drafting strategy? Is it a wide open BPA strategy or is there an Andy Reid strategy where players that fit a perceived ideal are selected and acquired? Andy Reid had a strategy when he came to the Eagles, but the fact that the Eagles had talented defenders already on the roster masked how weak Reid's long term strategy was. Reid already had a safety and middle linebacker in place. Two positions that he was never able to fill with drafted players. You can perhaps add WR to that when you only look at what Desean has done at the WR position and Maclin is just another Reggie Brown. Irving Fryer was a better WR for the Eagles than Desean Jackson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33443
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope that they go best player available and adapt the offense accordingly.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 43082
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
See, told everyone he wont use the same scheme


Yep. I don't know why people keep insisting he would run the Oregon offense in the NFL.


They always compare him to spurrier too and it annoys the crap out of me
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Phire wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
See, told everyone he wont use the same scheme


Yep. I don't know why people keep insisting he would run the Oregon offense in the NFL.


They always compare him to spurrier too and it annoys the crap out of me


Yeah Spurrier had NFL experience while Chip has zero time spent collecting an NFL paycheck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Phire wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
See, told everyone he wont use the same scheme


Yep. I don't know why people keep insisting he would run the Oregon offense in the NFL.


They always compare him to spurrier too and it annoys the crap out of me


Were you actually paying attention to football when Spurrier was coaching Florida and then went to Washington? And by that I mean enough to understand the situation. Chip may very well end up being an outstanding NFL coach, but the parallels are there and easy to see.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 96 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group