Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you take with 1st Rounder?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take?
Bjoern Werner
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Dee Milliner
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
Manti Te'o
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
DetroitSpirit


Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3280
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I love Johnthan Banks. Tank Carradine as well. Montgomery could be great but there are work ethic issues (major ones too). Those are guys I like for us in the 1st.


If we don't get Banks, Dee or Rhodes, I quit. I said this about Jenkins last year too though.



Sad
_________________
Vikefan79 wrote:
And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19378
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
I love Johnthan Banks. Tank Carradine as well. Montgomery could be great but there are work ethic issues (major ones too). Those are guys I like for us in the 1st.


If we don't get Banks, Dee or Rhodes, I quit. I said this about Jenkins last year too though.



Sad


I still strongly believe safety is a much bigger need than CB. I think Green, Bentley, and Houston will be solid. Who knows about Greenwood and Florence has been very good as well. Our safety play has been awful. I would say if we dont get one or two of the top 5 or 6 safeties, we are in deeper trouble. I also think DE is a much bigger need than CB.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick me a future all-pro out of this draft. I believe Chance Warmack could be that as a rookie.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 5010
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Out of those options I would prefer Werjner. DE is a huge need and he is a very good DE. I dont see Teo here, wouldnt mind it though. I really hope we can trade down though and gain some future picks in the process.


Agree on Werner and agree on trading down. My ideal situation would be trade down, get some more picks and get Barrett Jones.
_________________

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Duderino


Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
I love Johnthan Banks. Tank Carradine as well. Montgomery could be great but there are work ethic issues (major ones too). Those are guys I like for us in the 1st.


If we don't get Banks, Dee or Rhodes, I quit. I said this about Jenkins last year too though.



Sad


I still strongly believe safety is a much bigger need than CB. I think Green, Bentley, and Houston will be solid. Who knows about Greenwood and Florence has been very good as well. Our safety play has been awful. I would say if we dont get one or two of the top 5 or 6 safeties, we are in deeper trouble. I also think DE is a much bigger need than CB.


I think it all depends how free agency shakes out. I wouldn't put too much trust in Houston now because hes a free agent, and how bad exactly is Bentley's concussion? I don't the Lions believe Houston is a #1 corner since they've tried trading up for corners in the draft, and tried signing Johnathan Joseph.

Its looking like the Lions will have a top 10 pick, and there might not be a safety worth taking. With how dependant the defense is on the d-line, DE might end up being the biggest concern if Avril leaves, and KVB retires.

Whats really concerning is the Lions are still a team that should be a concerned about all the needs they have. Not mention WR as need seems to be creeping right back up there.


Last edited by El Duderino on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Duderino wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
I love Johnthan Banks. Tank Carradine as well. Montgomery could be great but there are work ethic issues (major ones too). Those are guys I like for us in the 1st.


If we don't get Banks, Dee or Rhodes, I quit. I said this about Jenkins last year too though.



Sad


I still strongly believe safety is a much bigger need than CB. I think Green, Bentley, and Houston will be solid. Who knows about Greenwood and Florence has been very good as well. Our safety play has been awful. I would say if we dont get one or two of the top 5 or 6 safeties, we are in deeper trouble. I also think DE is a much bigger need than CB.


I think it all depends how free agency shakes out. I wouldn't put too much trust in Houston now because hes a free agent, and how bad exactly is Bentley's concussion? I don't the Lions believe Houston is a #1 corner since they've tried trading up for corners in the draft, and tried signing Johnathan Joseph.

Its looking like the Lions will have a top 10 pick, and there might not be a safety worth taking. With how dependant the defense is on the d-line, DE might end up being the biggest concern if Avril leaves, and KVB retires.
I don't think the fact that the Lions tried to trade up for PP or sign JJ says anything about how they view Houston. The Lions would be negligent if they didn't try to improve their secondary with great players, besides there are two CB positions out there and both will be on the field.

We've got talented play-makers on our DL, even though it's not from the DE position. For years the Vikings had a top #5 DL without having a great DE until they traded for Jared Allen, and with the group of DT's we have- if we find some play-makers for the back-end of our defense you'd see our entire DL's production spike.

Right now, QB's have no qualms about heaving it when the pressure is coming from our DL, and there's really nothing our secondary can do to stop it but pray the QB throws an errant pass. Landing a couple of legit safties would put an end to that nonsense.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
El Duderino


Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
quote]I don't think the fact that the Lions tried to trade up for PP or sign JJ says anything about how they view Houston. The Lions would be negligent if they didn't try to improve their secondary with great players, besides there are two CB positions out there and both will be on the field.


If the Lions viewed Houston # 1 corner there wouldn't have gave him a prove it deal. and they would be this huge concern to resign him now. Money says it all.

Quote:
We've got talented play-makers on our DL, even though it's not from the DE position. For years the Vikings had a top #5 DL without having a great DE until they traded for Jared Allen, and with the group of DT's we have- if we find some play-makers for the back-end of our defense you'd see our entire DL's production spike.

Right now, QB's have no qualms about heaving it when the pressure is coming from our DL, and there's really nothing our secondary can do to stop it but pray the QB throws an errant pass. Landing a couple of legit safties would put an end to that nonsense.


I'm not going to argue the importance a couple of safeties in the back end, but I could argue the Vikings didn't have a super bowl type defense until they got Allen. Btw who were their safeties the year they went to the the NFC championship?

With the way the Lions talk about Delmas is probably wouldn't let him go. To me the idea of losing both Avril and KVB make DE more concerning to me. Mayhew isn't afraid to draft for the future, and I doubt we get years of Fairley and Suh. The Lions can't keep paying Suh like a hes the top DT in the league forever with the amount of money going to Calvin, and the amount Stafford will probably get.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group