Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A. Brown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: A. Brown Reply with quote

Here's a good scouting report on Arthur Brown and Ogletree (from Georgia). http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42052/321/comparing-brown--and--ogletree

Quote:
Other than a mild tendency to overrun plays and open the cutback (and that's nitpicking), there's not much to complain about in regards to Brown's game on the field. He's aggressive, yet plays under control. He looks like he has the frame to add more muscle and weight. When you add all these things up, you're looking at a linebacker who can play almost any (non-pass rushing) linebacker spot in almost any front. I wouldn't have any reservations about him continuing to be a 4-3 middle linebacker in the mold Jon Beason and Mike Peterson in their primes. I also think he could gain 10 pounds and be the next iteration of Navorro Bowman if a 3-4 team decided to take him.

DJ our Willis, Brown our Bowman? I think so.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Last edited by Rearviewmirror on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up! I would absolutely be on board with this. The kid flat out plays. Reminds me of Lavonte David from Nebraska last year in his effort and tenacity. He would need to bulk up just a bit to fill that thumper role, but two ILB's that fly to the ball would be awesome!

What round do you think he could be had? 3rd/4th? I doubt he lasts until the 4th, but possibly our 3rd.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: A. Brown Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Here's a good scouting report on Arthur Brown and Ogletree (from Georgia).

Quote:
Other than a mild tendency to overrun plays and open the cutback (and that's nitpicking), there's not much to complain about in regards to Brown's game on the field. He's aggressive, yet plays under control. He looks like he has the frame to add more muscle and weight. When you add all these things up, you're looking at a linebacker who can play almost any (non-pass rushing) linebacker spot in almost any front. I wouldn't have any reservations about him continuing to be a 4-3 middle linebacker in the mold Jon Beason and Mike Peterson in their primes. I also think he could gain 10 pounds and be the next iteration of Navorro Bowman if a 3-4 team decided to take him.

IMO Brown, Gerald Hodges, Kiko Alonso are all quality options at ILB. Brown probably has the edge as a run defender while Hodges is the best all around of the bunch (coverage, run defender, blitzer) and Kiko Alonso has a slight edge over Hodges in coverage but isn't as good in run defense. IMO Hodges has excellent range followed by Alonso.

Edit : Hodges reminds me of Daryl Washington, IMO one of the the best young 3-4 ILBs in the NFL.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
Sign me up! I would absolutely be on board with this. The kid flat out plays. Reminds me of Lavonte David from Nebraska last year in his effort and tenacity. He would need to bulk up just a bit to fill that thumper role, but two ILB's that fly to the ball would be awesome!

What round do you think he could be had? 3rd/4th? I doubt he lasts until the 4th, but possibly our 3rd.

I usually see him around rnd 3. I'd easily take him #1 in round 3

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A. Brown Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Quote:

IMO Brown, Gerald Hodges, Kiko Alonso are all quality options at ILB. Brown probably has the edge as a run defender while Hodges is the best all around of the bunch (coverage, run defender, blitzer) and Kiko Alonso has a slight edge over Hodges in coverage but isn't as good in run defense. IMO Hodges has excellent range followed by Alonso.

granted I haven't seen either of those, but if they are better in coverage than Brown they are really damn good. Brown's coverage skills are great. You have any tape links from those 2?

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-

Last edited by Rearviewmirror on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A. Brown Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Quote:

granted I haven't seen either of those, but if they are better in coverage than Brown they are really damn good. Brown's coverage skills are great.

Yeah, I have tried to key on ILB prospects. Hodges played OLB for the Nittany Lions, but like I said, I see him as a Daryl Washington type of player who could definitely move inside to 3-4 ILB and play a similar role to Washington in Arizona. Alonso is really good in coverage. I keyed on him whenever I got a chance to watch Oregon. Alonso needs to improve getting through trash near the line of scrimmage as he can get washed out of the play, but I do like his tenacity.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Brown just because of his game against RGIII last year. He shut RGIII down. He reminds me of DJ a little bit in how he plays the game, may be better at taking on blocks actually.

After the combine he likely goes round 2 though.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
I want Brown just because of his game against RGIII last year. He shut RGIII down. He reminds me of DJ a little bit in how he plays the game, may be better at taking on blocks actually.

This is what I am thinking. I think if we are going to get him we are going to have to use the 33rd overall pick on him Sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

This is what I am thinking. I think if we are going to get him we are going to have to use the 33rd overall pick on him Sad

Id gladly do it, as long as we gap-change he'd be a good pick. Perfect player to replace Belcher IMO.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not real big on youtube highlights, but here are some videos of Gerald Hodges for posters that haven't had a chance to catch any games :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPQNY8zdho (2011 junior year)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mPSDzQ9Yic (2011 junior year)

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely see no need for Te'o in round 1 with the quality ILB prospects available later on.

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown thread...I knew who started this without looking. I do like him however, but it's looking like he'll end up being a 1st rounder or early 2nd and we need QB and CB first. Any chance he drops to 3rd?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

I'm scared he'll run 4.4 and bench like 30 and jump into round 1

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the guy I want! I watched him against WVU. He completely controlled that game. Shutdown the run game like nobodies business.

I'll have to look into the guys you mentioned Nic, but when I saw Brown play all I could think was I want this type of player on my defense.

I see him mocked in the 3rd mostly but he will go higher. IIRC, he was just nominated for an award with 3 other guys including Teo and Jones so it's not like people aren't going to recognize his talent.

To add to this discussion, what do you guys think the chiefs will look for in Belchers replacement. Pure thumper? or a guy with more rounded skill set like a Johnson or Washington? I personally like a guy who can do everything even if it's not at an elite level. Just adds to versatility which is extremely useful.
EB29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Arthur Brown thread...I knew who started this without looking. I do like him however, but it's looking like he'll end up being a 1st rounder or early 2nd and we need QB and CB first. Any chance he drops to 3rd?

I'm not sure i buy CB being a higher need then ILB anymore.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: