Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

8 Game Losing Streak Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: 8 Game Losing Streak Mock Reply with quote

The Eagles Fire GM Howie Roseman and the entire coaching staff.

New GM hired is Texans Director of College Scouting Mike Maccagnan

He has been a major part of coordinating the drafts of one of the best drafting teams in the NFL. Outside of Matt Schaub and Jonathan Joseph, most of their talent is home grown talent. Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, Duane Brown, JJ Watt, Brian Cushing, DeMeco Ryans, Mario Williams and others were all drafted during Maccagnan's tenure in the Texans' organization.

New Head Coach is Texans Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison

Dennison is a coach that utilizes a zone blocking scheme with a run first offense that utilizes the play action passing game effectively with short timing west coast routes as well, unlike the current staff despite the fact that running back is the strength of our roster. The hiring of Dennison ensures we run the football, which is what we've been asking the coaching staff to do for over a decade now.

New Offensive Coordinator is Bears Quarterbacks Coach Jeremy Bates

From 2006 to 2008, Bates was an offensive assistant (coaching receivers and quarterbacks) in Denver while Dennison was the offensive coordinator. Bates and Dennison will work hand in hand with the playcalling. His official title is the same as Josh McDaniels' job in New England as Offensive Coordinator / QB Coach.

New Defensive Coordinator is Current Panthers Head Coach Ron Rivera

Rivera was the defensive coordinator in San Diego when Dennison was offensive coordinator, and the chess matches those 2 had was pretty crazy at times. They have a mutual respect for each other and Dennison brings on Rivera, who has experience in the 3-4, 4-3, and Tampa-2 schemes. There is also a tie between the 2 as far as staffs. Bob Slowik gave Rivera his first coaching job in the NFL when he was defensive coordinator in Chicago in 1997. Dennison and Slowik coached with each other in Denver from 2005 to 2008.

New Special Teams Coordinator is LSU Special Teams Coordinator Thomas McGaughey

McGaughey coached with Dennison in Denver during the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons as the assistant special teams coordinator before going to the Giants and taking the same role, winning a Super Bowl in the process. At LSU, the Tigers have had one of the best special teams units in college football, and he will get another shot in the NFL as a special teams coordinator if he wants it, and I think he will take it.

Cuts
QB Michael Vick (17,900,000 Saved Against The Cap; Schefter has reported we won't owe him a dime after this season)
WR Jason Avant ($1,290,000 Saved Against The Cap)
OT Demetress Bell ($9,500,000 Saved Against The Cap)
DE Jason Babin ($4,445,000 Saved Against The Cap; Since he was claimed, JAX picks up all the remaining $ on his contract)
DT Cullen Jenkins ($5,500,000 Saved Against The Cap)
CB Nnamdi Asomugha ($11,300,000 Saved Against The Cap)

Pay Cuts
Jason Peters takes a $5,000,000 Pay-cut for 2013-14

When healthy, Peters is among the top 3 tackles in all of football. Even at 70% Peters may still be a top 10-12 left tackle, so we give him the year to prove he's still capable of being a LT, and if he is he stays in 2014-15. He's still a better athlete than most tackles his size, and even though he's coming off an injury, DeMeco Ryans has shown you can come back from it.

Cap Room
$49,935,000 Saved Against the Cap. Even though we are scheduled to be over the cap $18,120,825 without the cap rollover, with the $21,716,957 we will roll over will give us a total of $53,531,132 in cap room. Add in the $5,000,000 pay cut of Jason Peters, and it gives us a grand total of $58,531,132 in total cap room in 2013-14.

Re-Signings
The Philadelphia Eagles Re-Sign G Jake Scott to a 2 Year Contract

Since being inserted into the lineup, our offensive line has become much better in the passing and running game, and he's been a key cog. The right side of Scott and Kelly has been very good, and while Kelly will be regulated to the bench, Scott and Herremans is a pretty damn good left side. He fits Dennison's scheme, and gives us a good player at RG. With us going young at QB, protecting him is a must, and Scott is an improvement over others.

The Philadelphia Eagles Re-Sign LB Akeem Jordan to a 2 Year Contract

A special teams standout with the ability to play all 3 linebacker spots effectively as a spot starter Jordan comes in as the backup to Mychal Kendricks on the weakside of the new scheme. He also continues the role of our special teams ace.

The Philadelphia Eagles Re-Sign LS Jon Dorenbos to a 1 Year Contract

Best long snapper in football, and one of the few consistent players on our special teams unit.

The Philadelphia Eagles Re-Sign OT King Dunlap to a 2 Year Contract

Dunlap is a solid backup left tackle who has his issues, but you can certainly do worse, as we've seen this season with Demetress Bell. He and Dennis Kelly give us solid backups at the tackle positions.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Safety William Moore to a 5 Year Contract

William Moore is one of the best strong safeties in football this season, coming back from injuries and developed into the player a lot of us wanted when he came out in the draft in 2009, and he steps in and upgrades our safety play next season.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Guard/Center Antoine Caldwell to a 2 Year Contract

Caldwell will come in and compete for a starting spot at RG, but eventually he will be the first interior lineman off the bench and improve the depth along the offensive line and already knows the system.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Defensive Tackle Terrance Knighton to a 4 Year Contract

Knighton comes in to compete with snaps with Mike Patterson at the nose tackle spot next to Fletcher Cox and Cedric Thorton. Pot Roast can also play the nose in 3-4 sets due to his immense size and strength. He's also athletic when at peak shape and has shown some pass rush ability, and would be a solid rotational lineman.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Cornerback Leodis McKelvin to a 3 Year Contract

McKelvin comes in as a starting corner, but his contract allows for him to be replaced in the lineup if he's ineffective. He is also one hell of a return man in both the punt and kicking game, and will tilt our field offensively.

The Philadelphia Eagles Finish 3-13 and get the #1 Overall Selection in the 2013 NFL Draft. The Kansas City Chiefs reel at least one more win this season with the tragedy firing them up (they have a higher SOS than us), and Jacksonville reels off at least one more with Chad Henne playing as well as he has. I think Oakland has winnable games left and wins at least one more.

With the 1st Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia

The Philadelphia Eagles need a quarterback, and Geno is by far the best in the class. He's got a strong arm to fit the football into tight windows, showcases accuracy and touch on his throws, has a quick release and good mechanics, pocket presence, and underrated mobility. The only question concerning Smith is the issue of the offense he plays in, although I have seen him go through progressions, and he did play in a pro style system in his sophomore season. He is the best QB in this class by far, and has Aaron Rodgers type upside. I think he's a special QB with all the tools, and he doesn't turn the football over. In my opinion he's the total package and could be a franchise quarterback.

With the 33rd Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Cornerback, Connecticut

One of the drafts more underrated football players, Blidi Wreh-Wilson is as close to a shutdown corner as there is at the NCAA level. He's got the size and length to match up with bigger receivers, but is enough of a quick twitch athlete to turn and run with receivers as well. Against arguably the best QB in the nation in Teddy Bridgewater he gave up one catch and made multiple plays on the football, including an interception in the endzone in overtime, which led to a UConn game winning drive. When he's healthy he is a rock solid guy in coverage who shows the ability to read the QB and make a play on the football or lock down his receiver or zone in coverage and not even get looked at. If his hands were better he'd be in the discussion as the top corner in the draft, but that along with injury history hurts him. He reminds me a lot of Carlos Rodgers of the 49ers.

With the 63rd Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Sean Porter, Linebacker, Texas A&M

Say hello to the new strong side linebacker who will kick Mychal Kendricks to the weakside where he is better suited. Porter can cover, can blitz, and has improved against the run playing this season on the strong side at Texas A&M. He's got the length to improve, and his overall skill set makes him a guy who is versatile as a guy who can put his hand down in nickel situations, and mix in some zone blitzes due to his coverage ability. Porter is another underrated prospect in this class due to the depth of linebackers, and while his 2012-13 numbers don't jump off the page, he's playing the strong side which limits his production a bit. He's still a very good football player who adds another weapon on defense for Ron Rivera.

With the 97th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…D.J. Swearinger, Safety, South Carolina

Swearinger is capable of playing either safety spot, shows solid ball skills, coverage ability, instincts, and hits like a ton of bricks. There are a ton of safeties that will go between the 2nd and 4th round that could be NFL players, and Swearinger is one of them. He's a similar prospect in terms of skill set to Matt Elam, but Elam has been asked to do more at times at Florida, and Swearinger has played in a pretty good secondary, but he's still a talented guy, and him and Moore will upgrade the safety position and give us two of the most imposing safeties over the middle. His style of play reminds me a lot of Dashon Goldson

With the 136th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Cornellius Carradine, Defensive End, Florida State

Purely a future pick, Tank Carradine was seen as a first round lock before tearing his ACL against Florida who had all the physical tools of an elite edge rusher. After tearing it so late in the season its doubtful he plays in 2013 so he falls, but the new staff sees the opportunity to take a talented defensive end when healthy and a potential steal. He's brought in as the future left defensive end, and there is an outside chance he plays next season, which would only be a bigger plus. The talent is too good to pass up at this point, and we add a potential starter for the long term.

With the 171st Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Sanders Commings, Cornerback, Georgia

A big, physical, SEC corner who is at his best in press coverage Commings is an underrated prospect who has had a strong season for the Bulldogs. While he isn't as fluid as you would want, he's a lot more fluid than most guys his size, and can almost eliminate guys at times when jamming. He's very good in zone and solid in man as well at the college level going against some talented receivers, and he's got upside. I really like him as a prospect, and think he profiles as a long term starter.

With the 231st Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Mychal Rivera, Tight End, Tennessee

Rivera is an athletic pass catcher who is by all accounts a hard worker and uses his body to shield defensive players from making a play. He has all the tools to eventually be a good starting tight end in the NFL.

With the 237th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Devin Taylor, Defensive End, South Carolina

Taylor has been a bit of a dissapointment in his time at South Carolina. That said he has the length and athletic ability which could in the long run make him a damn good pass rusher in the NFL, and with Rivera's defensive staff, he hopes to develop him as a long term rotational player.

Geno Smith // Nick Foles // Trent Edwards
LeSean McCoy // Bryce Brown // Chris Polk
Stanley Havili
DeSean Jackson // Jeremy Maclin // Riley Cooper // Damaris Johnson // Greg Salas
Brent Celek // Clay Harbor // Mychal Rivera
Jason Peters // King Dunlap
Evan Mathis
Jason Kelce // Antoine Caldwell
Jake Scott // Danny Watkins
Todd Herremans // Dennis Kelly

Brandon Graham // Phillip Hunt // [Cornellius Carradine]
Terrance Knighton // Mike Patterson
Fletcher Cox // Cedric Thorton
Trent Cole // Vinny Curry // Devin Taylor
Sean Porter // Jamar Chaney
DeMeco Ryans // Casey Matthews
Mychal Kendricks // Akeem Jordan
Leodis McKelvin // Brandon Boykin // Brandon Hughes
DJ Swearinger // Nate Allen // David Sims
William Moore // Kurt Coleman
Blidi Wreh-Wilson // Curtis Marsh // Sanders Commings

Alex Henery
Mat McBriar
Jon Dorenbos

Last edited by EaglesFan5-36-81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
philyeagles3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, you had them get good players in FA and I like the draft. I have my doubts about Geno, but if we have to go that route I'll atleast keep an open mind.

Only thing I would really change is Sean Porter, I would rather Bryce Brown's brother Arthur Brown LB out of Kansas State. Dudes a stud and would love him at WLB. Add an inch and 10 pounds to the man and he is rated higher than Manti Teo.

Can run with anyone, tied for the best or the best at stacking and shedding in the draft, and possesses great instincts.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Like it. Alot

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose being the starting LDE for the past two years could be considered being a backup.....(in regards to Devin Taylor)

Also A+ for no other reason than that we are drafting my boy D.J Swearinger.....no more softies in the secondary with him around...plus he even saw some time at corner throughout the year so I would absolutely love to have him on the Eagles.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philyeagles3 wrote:
Well done, you had them get good players in FA and I like the draft. I have my doubts about Geno, but if we have to go that route I'll atleast keep an open mind.

Only thing I would really change is Sean Porter, I would rather Bryce Brown's brother Arthur Brown LB out of Kansas State. Dudes a stud and would love him at WLB. Add an inch and 10 pounds to the man and he is rated higher than Manti Teo.

Can run with anyone, tied for the best or the best at stacking and shedding in the draft, and possesses great instincts.

I have Arthur as a second rounder. Plus, I think kicking Kendricks to the weakside would be very benificial for him as his height wouldn't be as much an issue covering backs as it is tight ends, and he really doesn't have the length to shed on the strongside consistnantly.

I think both are talented players that will play different positions in the NFL.

Quote:
I suppose being the starting LDE for the past two years could be considered being a backup.....(in regards to Devin Taylor)

This season he was the starter but didn't he play less snaps last season than Clowney and Ingram?
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

I have Arthur as a second rounder. Plus, I think kicking Kendricks to the weakside would be very benificial for him as his height wouldn't be as much an issue covering backs as it is tight ends, and he really doesn't have the length to shed on the strongside consistnantly.

I think both are talented players that will play different positions in the NFL.

Quote:

This season he was the starter but didn't he play less snaps last season than Clowney and Ingram?

I'm don't think so, last season Ingram and Devin Taylor were the starters with Clowney coming in occasionally. But usually when Clowney came in we kicked Melvin inside so we could get all three on the field at the same time.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

Quote:

I'm don't think so, last season Ingram and Devin Taylor were the starters with Clowney coming in occasionally. But usually when Clowney came in we kicked Melvin inside so we could get all three on the field at the same time.

Fair enough, I'll switch the explination.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

Quote:

I mean hey it really doesn't matter, I really just like the idea of bringing him in...after 2010 he was considered by many to be a 2nd round pick yanno?

I'd rather talk about D.J Swearinger cause he's my boy Very Happy
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

Quote:

I mean hey it really doesn't matter, I really just like the idea of bringing him in...after 2010 he was considered by many to be a 2nd round pick yanno?

I'd rather talk about D.J Swearinger cause he's my boy Very Happy

I fell in love with him the Arkansas game, when he got called for a terrible penalty where he lit up the receiver cleanly, then responded the next play with a pick 6. He closes on plays fast.
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're better off trading down than taking Geno Smith. He is a question mark.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
We're better off trading down than taking Geno Smith. He is a question mark.

He's not falling past the Cheifs, and the top QB in the draft will almost always be a top 5 pick. QB is the most important position on a football team, and no other hole needs to be filled more than that at the QB position.

Also, its highly doubtful you get equal value for the #1 pick. Even of Geno is a top 15 QB and never a top 5 guy, he'll still have a greater impact than anyone else we draft, and thats a fact.

There is also less risk involved with the rookie wage scale, so there is no reason not to take the QB, especially one who has played in a pro style offense his sophmore season, has shown growth and improvement in each of his seasons, has all the tools you look for in a QB, and is a hard worker.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oland you said you don't watch college football how would you know Geno is a question mark?

Like the mock. Your best one probably. Coaching staff is alright....I'm not as huge on Dennison as some. Like Rivera thougg.

FA is fine. I don't like that you have us letting DRC walk...but signing Moore helps. Mckelvin is OK I guess. Knightons great....rest is alright.

Don't like that you dont really fix our WRs.....

Blidi in the second is a reach. But I like this draft for the most part.....Love Geno obviously. Like Porter a lot. Love love love Commings. I love Carradine but no way we get him that late...but if this were our draft Id be happy. Devin Taylor could be a stud.

I wish you would have us takig a guy like Stedman Bailey
..especially since we took Geno. But as long as he's our QB...our receivers as is are fine for now.

Overall...8/10. Mostlt because of the draft. FA is fine.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Oland you said you don't watch college football how would you know Geno is a question mark?

Like the mock. Your best one probably. Coaching staff is alright....I'm not as huge on Dennison as some. Like Rivera thougg.

FA is fine. I don't like that you have us letting DRC walk...but signing Moore helps. Mckelvin is OK I guess. Knightons great....rest is alright.

Don't like that you dont really fix our WRs.....

Blidi in the second is a reach. But I like this draft for the most part.....Love Geno obviously. Like Porter a lot. Love love love Commings. I love Carradine but no way we get him that late...but if this were our draft Id be happy. Devin Taylor could be a stud.

I wish you would have us takig a guy like Stedman Bailey
..especially since we took Geno. But as long as he's our QB...our receivers as is are fine for now.

Overall...8/10. Mostlt because of the draft. FA is fine.

Blidi's been called the third best corner in the draft by scouts. He's going to be a second rounder.

I don't think wide receiver is something that needs to be fixed immediatley. Jackson is a solid deep threat, Maclin is a decent receiver, Cooper is a good redzone threat and Damaris Johnson has looked good when he has played receiver this season. That is probably a 2013-14 position to draft and you can't fix everything in one offseason. The QB, OL depth, and defensive improvements are more neccesities than WR. Plus next years receiver class is stacked, with Sammy Watkins, Marquise Lee, Cordell Patterson, Jordan Matthews, and there are breakout candidates as well.

As far as Carradine not falling that far, I disagree, he won't be able to participate in the combine, camps, and possibly the entire season. Add that with only one year of production and I can't find any news on whether or not he's had the surgery yet. In addition, this draft class in terms of pass rushers is really deep. The fact that those guys will be able to compete next year and Carradine won't will cause a lot of teams to pass on Tank.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: