Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OSU3's Eagles Mock Draft (3 yrs NFC Champs Guaranteed)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhioState3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: OSU3's Eagles Mock Draft (3 yrs NFC Champs Guaranteed) Reply with quote

2013 Eagles Mock Draft

Eagles finish 4-12 and get the 4th pick in the draft

The staff is fired except for Bob April because the special teams has not been atrocious and Andy Reid is given a front office job with no real power, but what he has done for the organization is the reason he will stay there. I think he is a great man I think he deserves to stay with the franchise he helped build.

General Manager- Brian Gardner
He has helped build this franchise to one of the best in the league. He knows what free agents to get and he knows what players to draft. He knows what he is doing and will be able to help build this program back to how it was.

Head Coach- Vic Fangio

Yep, I had to do it. He has some stud players on his defense, but I think a lot of the blitzing and the schemes he has implemented and that he runs is really the reason they’re the top defense in the league not just top 5. He has been in the San Fran organization so he knows a little something about drafting and player development.

Defensive Coordinator- Bill Kollar

Houston’s organization is fantastic after climbing up from nothing. Bill Kollar is the defensive line coach there and has led the team to one of the most feared defenses in the league. They are second in the league in sacks and top 5 in takeaways. Vic likes how Bill has helped the Texans and decided to add him because the front office does not want Leavitt and Jim Tomsula is given the coordinator job in San Fran.

Offensive Coordinator- Ken Zampese

I really like what he has done with Andy Dalton as he has been able to make what I believe to be a better than okay Quarterback, into one of the top third of quarterbacks in the league. I think he can come in and help with the offense and help Nick Foles or another young Quarterback grow.

Vic Fangio and Brian Gardner work together to fill the rest of the coaching jobs.

Player Cuts-
Cullen Jenkins
Nmandi Asomugha
Danny Watkins
Demetress Bell
Jason Avant
Cullen Jenkins
Mike Patterson
Kurt Coleman
Dion Lewis
Casey Matthews

Pay Cuts-
Jason Peters- After the injury and his age his play is going to be questioned and his salary is large and the Eagles could just go with Joeckel.
Brent Celek- his salary is cut a little bit after dropped passes is brought up. He wants to stay in philly so he agrees.

Players Re-Signed-
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to a 4 year deal
Colt Anderson to a 2 year deal
Jon Dorenbros to a 3 year deal
Akeem Jordan to a 3 year deal
Jake Scott to a 1 year deal

Free Agents-
Dwayne Bowe to a 5 year deal. He is such a dynamic player and has great size and speed to play wide receiver. He gets paid and will be able to thrive in Philadelphia.

Jared Cook to a 4 year deal. There was talk about him being moved at the deadline so obviously there is a problem with him in Tennessee. He is very athletic and a great pass catcher and not an awful blocker so he will be used great here. He is an upgrade to Celek and can be vital for Foles.

Andy Levitre to a 5 year deal. He is a top 5 guard in the league and he does it all with pass protection and run block. He will cost less than going after Clady, Brushod, or Long so he is a better option.

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/698/006/hi-res-134446624_display_image.jpg?1351032008[/img]

Terrance Knighton to a 4 year deal. He is a fantastic run stopper and has emerged as one of the best nose tackles in football. Eagles make a big push to get their big middle 34 lineman.

Jason Jones to a 3 year deal. I have on mock comments and it seems like Eagles fans don’t really like Jones. I think he is a good player that can contribute his salary and be versatile on the defensive line.

Sean Smith to a 5 year deal. A really underrated corner that can flat out play the position I think he could come in and be the number one corner on this roster. Any got the size and speed to play any receiver.

Trades-
Desean Jackson is asked to take a paycut, he refuses and is traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars for their 3rd round pick.
Jeremy Maclin is traded to the St. Louis Rams for a 3rd round pick

2013 NFL Draft

Eagles trade their 4th overall pick to the Arizona Cardinals for their 10th pick and their 2nd round pick along with 2014 2nd round pick. The Cardinals want Joeckel and don’t want the Rams to get him, Vic and Brian value this draft and want picks.

With the 10th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Philadelphia Eagles select…

Sheldon Richardson DT out of Mizzou 6’4 295 lbs.

With implementing the 34, the Eagles need another 34 DE to go opposite of Cox. Richardson has been said to have the best motor in college football and he wooped up on DJ Fluker and the fantastic Bama O-Line for 14 tackles and a sack. He has speed to shoot the gaps and make plays.

With the 35th Overall Pick the Eagles select…

Terrance Williams WR out of Baylor 6’2 205 lbs.

I think he is the best WR in the draft. He has great size and good speed. He runs the best routes and knows how to get open. He racks up the stats with almost 1700 yards and 12 TDs with 89 receptions. He can catch the ball and will be great opposite Bowe.

With the 40th Overall Pick from the Rams, the Eagles select …

Matt Elam S out of Florida 5’10 207 lbs.

I think Matt Elam is a beast. He is a monster against the run and coming down on passes, and is good in the middle of the field up the field. He is a ballhawk and can make Nate look better. He can come in and Bill Kollar can play with who he wants at FS and at SS with Allen.

With the 64th Overall pick the Eagles Select…

Oday Aboushi OT out of Virginia 6’6 310 lbs.

Aboushi can be a project for the Eagles behind Herremans or Peters. He may have to play in the middle season if an injury on the line and Herremans moves to guard or to LT for Peters. If he sits then he sits and in a year or two he can replace Peters or Herremans whoever falters. He is athletic and hungry and can learn from Peters.

With the 65th Overall pick the Eagles select…

Logan Ryan CB out of Rutgers 6’ 190 lbs.

He’s a really good player just flat out. He has really been a shutdown corner this year, he has 3 interceptions and 10 passes broken up. He can also step up and make tackles as he had 57 on the year. He hasn’t been tested by an NFL wide receiver though which could be a question mark.

With the 75th Overall pick the Eagles select…

Margus Hunt DE out of SMU 6’8 280 lbs.

Bill Kollar lobbied for this pick very much and has seen him as a project. He has the physical attributes and JJ Watt and could work on speed and strength with Kollar who was the defensive line coach. Hunt is good and has played against good tackles and has gotten better through the season.

With the 102nd Overall pick the Eagles select…

Daniel McClullers NT out of Tennessee 6’8 360 lbs.

He is a monster. He played well against Florida and all the other SEC teams they played. SEC Olines are the best in college and if a raw physical specimen like McClullers can fall here then it could be a steal.

With the 139th Overall pick the Eagles Select…

Michael Buchanan DE/OLB out of Illinois 6’5 245 lbs.

[img]http://cfbsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/104881722_display_image.jpg
[/img]

He has done well in the Big Ten this year. He has produced good numbers against some good offensive tackles this year. He can take time and try to get some time in a rotation playing outside linebacker and trying to get to the passer.

With the 175th Overall pick the Eagles Select…

Andrew Jackson ILB out of Western Kentucky 6’1 265 lbs.

He is big and has the physical tools and is great against the run. He has a lot of raw talent and if he is not thrust in right away then he’ll have time to learn. He is a very low risk and has produced great this year getting around 100 tackles even though the competition was low.

With the 208th Overall pick the Eagles Select…

Tavarres King WR 6’1 195 lbs.

[img]http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/1758707/154482314.0_standard_352.0.jpg
[/img]

He has had over 700 yards and 8 touchdowns in back to back seasons. He has been able to play well in SEC games and has been a great target for Aaron Murray against SEC defenses. He could be a steal in the draft.

UDFA

Ray Ray Armstrong S Faulkner University 6'2 215 lbs.

2013 Eagles Depth Chart
QB- Nick Foles, Trent Edwards
RB- Lesean McCoy, Bryce Brown, Chris Polk
FB- Stanley Havilii
WR- Dwayne Bowe, Damaris Johnson
WR- Terrance Williams, Tavarres King
SR- Riley Cooper
TE- Jared Cook, Brent Celek
LT- Jason Peters, Oday Aboushi, King Dunlap
LG- Andy Levitre, Jake Scott
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Evan Mathis,
RT- Todd Herremans, Dennis Kelly

DE- Fletcher Cox, Derek Landri
NT- Terrance Knighton, McClullers
DE- Sheldon Richardson, Jason Jones, Margus Hunt
Rush- Trent Cole, Vinny Curry, Michael Buchanan
Will- Mychal Kendricks, Andrew Jackson
Mike- Demeco Ryans, Jamar Chaney
Sam- Brandon Graham, Akeem Jordan
CB- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Logan Ryan
CB- Sean Smith, Curtis Marsh
Nickel- Brandon Boykin
FS- Nate Allen, Ray Ray Armstrong
SS- Matt Elam, Colt Anderson

2014 Draft

1a. Marqise Lee WR USC 6’1 190 lbs.
2a. Hasean Clinton-Dix FS Alabama 6’2 215 lbs.
2b. Trent Murphy OLB Stanford 6’6 261 lbs.
3. Ben Koyack TE Notre Dame 6’5 255 lbs.
4. QB
5. OG
6. DE
7. P

2015 Draft

1. Kevin Hogan QB Stanford 6’4 225 lbs.
2. Marcus Martin OG USC 6’3 325 lbs.
3. Jordan Phillips NT Oklahoma 6’6 330 lbs.
4. Jonotthan Harrison C Florida 6’3 295 lbs.
5. OT
6. FB
7. OLB[/b]

Last edited by OhioState3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
WildcatOffense

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two future firsts seem crazy, love Terrence Williams though.
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually creating a scenario thread where one of the scenarios we do w.e the eff we can to get Bowe. I feel with a QB he can be a beast...Def in the top tier WR's.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thank you to Dwayne Bowe, I don't want to pay a somewhat big contract to a guy who is gonna be almost 30 years old... by the time we get rolling and are a winning team with playoff births, he'll be about 31-33.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how much more ridiculous can that trade be? We arent not getting the RG3 trade type compensation, nobody is gonna give that up to get an OT, for a great QB prospect? Yes. If we get the 1st or 2nd overall is there that QB a team would pay your ransom for? Probably not.

The draft seems good but I think most of those players are supposed to go higher.
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont think Celek would take a pay cut nor do i think he deserves one.

if Arizona takes that trade.....then we need to call them a lot more and tell them we got some ocean front property in Colorado. that would be the worse trade in NFL history.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that trade I'm sure we could hold out until they gave up Fitz as part of the package as well.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wut in the wut… 

Nobody is going to give that much up for the pick. Ever. The only reason the Redskins gave up so much was because there was a franchise passer on the board. Do you see a franchise passer on the board at that point? Better yet, do you see a franchise passer worth the same amount as RGIII?

And I wish we would stop trading DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. It's dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I really really like about this is drafting Lee in 2014.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mocks terrible and incredibly unrealistic. That Free Agency crop is ridiculous.....you have us literally signing about 7 of the top 30 FAs. Knighton, Jones, Bowe, Levitre, Cook, Smith....Ok 6. But still. That's insane.

The draft is ok.....No thanks to Richardson that early. Rather have a pass rushee like Ansah, Werner, etc. Terrance Williams.won't last to the second. Cardinals won't.give up that much for the fourth pick.

Trading both Maclin and Jackson is stupid. This mock is stupid. Sorry. 3/10

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll. Come with a top 10 list of more likely scenarios tomo

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: