Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Here We Go Again....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Here We Go Again.... Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers placed LS Mike Windt (wrist) on injured reserve, ending his season.
The Bolts' long-snapper for the past three years, Windt fractured his wrist in last week's game at Denver. Kyle Nelson has been signed to take his place.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6107/mike-windt

Let the revolving door at LS start spinning...

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only game I truly want to win the rest of the way out is the Raiders game (and even then I won't be completely heartbroken if we do lose it, given that it should leave Dean with no recourse for swift and severe action).

At this point, I'm kind of hoping Rivers picks up a high-ankle sprain or broken finger on his throwing hand or something really minor but that takes a fair chunk of time to recover from without any long-term ramifications, just to keep the line from causing him to suffer some far worse injury with their insistence on leaving him out to dry.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers missing time would do this team good in the long term.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:

I think it might do some of the overzealous fans who are calling for him to be benched and Whitehurst to be put in some good as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

I think it might do some of the overzealous fans who are calling for him to be benched and Whitehurst to be put in some good as well.

Agreed. I don't want 93 million dollars in cap commitment taking these hits anymore in a season that is full on melt down mode.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know if they try and sit Rivers, even if it's for injury, the country boy will come out, and some whoopin's will be delivered. Demo for the stadium will be free if they tried to put him on IR. They could be 1-14, and he'd still be yelling at the guys not doing their job in the last game. He doesn't know how to not give it everything, sometimes to a fault.

The guy tore his ACL, and started the next week. He didn't miss any practice time to start the next season. You're not shutting him down.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Zappaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
You know if they try and sit Rivers, even if it's for injury, the country boy will come out, and some whoopin's will be delivered. Demo for the stadium will be free if they tried to put him on IR. They could be 1-14, and he'd still be yelling at the guys not doing their job in the last game. He doesn't know how to not give it everything, sometimes to a fault.

The guy tore his ACL, and started the next week. He didn't miss any practice time to start the next season. You're not shutting him down.

Yea, I wish our LT had even 1/4th of the drive and determination that Rivers has. I remember a game of him at NCSU that someone stepped on his hand in a pile, huge gash spitting blood.... he just kept covering his hand up with his towel during huddles and kept on playing like nothing happened. He just doesn't give up period.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of my fondest Rivers memories are in preseason him throwing a pick and then chasing the guy down and putting a pretty good hit on him.

Then there was when Seymour went low on Rivers so Rivers threw the ball at him after the play was over. There isn't a fearful bone in his body and he has the heart that I'd really like to see him succeed here.

EverythingSF wrote:
JerseyJet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a jets fan I'd def give a 1st and then some for rivers. Our QB situation is horrible and a iffy rivers is better than anything we've had since forever. And if the chargers decide to rebuild they would need picks.
game3525

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Off topic, but these thoughts really show how dumb some fans are. I have heard some fans advocate bringing Alex Smith.

Really......I mean really. Laughing
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Off topic, but these thoughts really show how dumb some fans are. I have heard some fans advocate bringing Alex Smith.

Aside from a little chunk of good posters, .com posters just don't have the best ideas.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Zappaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Aside from a little chunk of good posters, .com posters just don't have the best ideas.

I've stopped even checking there, I really dislike how the mods mash everything into 1 GIANT thread. Makes getting the useful info even harder, I'm sure alot of good stuff has slipped through the cracks because of it. Not to mention the insane posters who flip/flop all the time... yea I'll stay here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if some have every watched other teams besides SD.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

I've stopped even checking there, I really dislike how the mods mash everything into 1 GIANT thread. Makes getting the useful info even harder, I'm sure alot of good stuff has slipped through the cracks because of it. Not to mention the insane posters who flip/flop all the time... yea I'll stay here.

Mods only mash stuff up because everything is the same. I used to post there a ton, now I've started to post more to be the one optimist at the place. And that Weddle mini helmet. Cool

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: