Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bart Starr Collapses, Leaves Later On Airplane

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terranimal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Bart Starr Collapses, Leaves Later On Airplane Reply with quote

Collapses today during a speech in Madison. But instead of going to hospital, he got in the limo and went to airport and got on his plane.

Quote:
Hall of Fame quarterback Bart Starr collapsed Tuesday at the end of a speech he was giving to attendees at a Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority conference, but he appears to be fine, according to a spokesman for the organization.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/182029961.html
justo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bart Starr..... Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
Collapses today during a speech in Madison. But instead of going to hospital, he got in the limo and went to airport and got on his plane.
He's the Teddy Rose at this point. Plane is heading to Panama.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the future, please provide a link with news like this. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
In the future, please provide a link with news like this. Thanks.

okay....but it was on yahoo sports and some other places by now....
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faking injuries to get out of a speach.....classic! Hopefully he is fine.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, even our hall of fame quarterbacks are getting injured and they aren't even playing.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Jeez, even our hall of fame quarterbacks are getting injured and they aren't even playing.

Hard to believe but Bart is starting to get way up there in age.......A true Class Act though...have met him a couple of times as a kid. And Aaron was talking last week that Starr is his role model for how he would like to be both on and off the field here and be remembered when it's all done.
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Hard to believe but Bart is starting to get way up there in age.......A true Class Act though...have met him a couple of times as a kid. And Aaron was talking last week that Starr is his role model for how he would like to be both on and off the field here and be remembered when it's all done.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bart Starr as well and completely agree. One of the nicest people I've ever met. The world could sure use more like him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bart Starr as well and completely agree. One of the nicest people I've ever met. The world could sure use more like him.

I've read before that Bart would introduce himself personally and ask for the names of the reporters interviewing him. A class act without a doubt.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote him while he was the Head Coach of the Packers.....I asked him for a signed photo, and he obliged.....I agree, he's one of the classiest human beings ever to adorn a sport's jersey.....Athletes today could learn some valuable lessons on how to conduct themselves from Bart Starr.....
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart Starr...the anti-Brett Favre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: