Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Panthers draft.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catz Pajamaz wrote:
boondock wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
We need Defense, and O lineman. In my opinion, that should really be the only focus in the draft.

Agreed. Potentially a WR or RB if the value is there.

Running back? You have running back as a higher need than free safety or right guard?

These days you can just plug in any running back with a good o-line and have success.

We need to be looking for a free safety, whether we luck out on Jarius Byrd or we draft one in the second.

Agreed but if we cut Dwill there will be no one there when Stew goes down
Cypher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:

Agreed but if we cut Dwill there will be no one there when Stew goes down

Mike Tolbert is offended.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catz Pajamaz wrote:
boondock wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
We need Defense, and O lineman. In my opinion, that should really be the only focus in the draft.

Agreed. Potentially a WR or RB if the value is there.

Running back? You have running back as a higher need than free safety or right guard?

These days you can just plug in any running back with a good o-line and have success.

We need to be looking for a free safety, whether we luck out on Jarius Byrd or we draft one in the second.

I don't have RB has a higher need that FS, DT, or OT; but if we have the ability to add a play maker we need to do so, especially if the value is there.

Regarding the plug a RB in statement, it's true to a sense, but also remember that a good Oline is half the battle. If you have a RB that can't hit holes, does not have good vision, or is slow hitting the hole...you have a problem. Holes only open up for so long.

RB is a need anyways because DWill is out the door, Tolbert is not a true RB, and we really don't have anyone else in that 2nd RB role. Ideally, we would pick up a scat back that can take a screen to the house at any given time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to me that when Carolina went to a power run game, even with a crap offensive line, Williams picked up 67 yards on 12 carries, including picking up a number of yards he had to earn on his own. I know the contract situations mean he's likely gone in the offseason, but dude can still run. Scheme and playcalling has been the problem (to go along with injuries and a trash right side of the OLine), not a lack of ability.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
panattack86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we draft Hankins if Star is off the board in Rd 1. Then is the second we trade to the late teens and pick up a 3rd and draft S phillip thomas in the second and then address the o-line. when kalil is back and healthy the o-line is way different. I just want us to go after a RT or LT in the off season. A solid starter would be a nice. there is going to be some guys that wouldnt break the bank to bring in. Also Dwyer is FA after the year so hopefully he will a panther and DWill would be gone with the coaching staff or atleast chud. If we had a compentent OC we would be in a better situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: