Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Quarterback Quagmire - Quinn: Quixotic or Quality?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I foresee no situation where Quinn ever has a game anything like that again. He's just not good enough to do that with any kind of consistency. He could do that for the rest of the year, though, and I'd STILL take Geno or Tyler #1

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always thought that Quinn could be a solid NFL QB. he has a 1st build and arm, which is all Cassel needed, but never had. However, he does not seem to be a quick study. Build the offense around him, and things can be made to work.

J

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only non-QB I'm ok with in the first round is Te'o. As to not beat around the bush, Belcher is gone, and he was really our only truly viable option. We'll have to draft an ILB at some point if we stay 3-4...and god help us if we switch back to the 4-3...making our last 2 high draft DL's seem even more silly.

Is it just me, or is thin entire draft really more of a meh than in the past. I guess you could say DL is the strong area...but where are the bright shining star players? There is no QB, and honestly I'd say that Te'o is the true gem if you will. Jones/Mingo/maybe others. But it's hard to argue with possibly the first LB ever to win the Heisman...
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Is it just me or as more and more people dump on this quarterback class and start picking Geno Smith apart, the more I think about the Atlanta Falcons when they drafted Matt Ryan. Nobody was crazy about Matt Ryan coming out of Boston College. Stats are not a be-all-end-all, but during his college career he passed for under 60% completion percentage. For his senior year he passed for 31 touchdowns and 19 interceptions.

Matt Ryan helped turn a team in complete disarray into a perennial playoff contender.

I really think people are suffering from a QB talent hangover from what might end up being one of the better draft classes for the position in 2012.

While I agree with everything you just said I dont like the analogy to Matt Ryan. I am one of the biggest doubters of Matt Ryan alive. I think he is a product of his GM constantly drafting or signing guys to help make him better while sacrificing the betterment of his team. Atlanta will lose again in the playoffs (this time at home) and it will be rinse and repeat all over again for Matt Ryan and his GM.

Mikey, huh? Can you elaborate? I am guessing you are talking exclusively about Julio Jones, correct? I really don't see where you can make that comment. If anything it makes sense to build around a franchise quarterback, but in the case of Atlanta, I don't think anyone can say that Dimitroff has done anything like what you are claiming.

Now people could claim that a GM like Matt Millen, who squandered picks on wide receivers is a good example of a GM losing focus on building a team, but IMO, Dimitroff has done an excellent job. Hell, he pilfered a HOF tight end when our very own GM kicked him out the door.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
I have always thought that Quinn could be a solid NFL QB. he has a 1st build and arm, which is all Cassel needed, but never had. However, he does not seem to be a quick study. Build the offense around him, and things can be made to work.

J

Oh lawd help me.

Rolling Eyes

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
The only non-QB I'm ok with in the first round is Te'o. As to not beat around the bush, Belcher is gone, and he was really our only truly viable option. We'll have to draft an ILB at some point if we stay 3-4...and god help us if we switch back to the 4-3...making our last 2 high draft DL's seem even more silly.

Is it just me, or is thin entire draft really more of a meh than in the past. I guess you could say DL is the strong area...but where are the bright shining star players? There is no QB, and honestly I'd say that Te'o is the true gem if you will. Jones/Mingo/maybe others. But it's hard to argue with possibly the first LB ever to win the Heisman...

DT, you and I agree on alot of things, but I cannot agree with that statement. An NFL team cannot base their draft philosophy on collegiate awards. I think I know what you really mean to say in your post, but that comment jumped out at me. And Te'o is now full steam ahead on the hype train. He is a solid college player, don't get me wrong, but the media has thrown a couple forests worth of wood on the fire. If we pick an ILB #1 overall, I am going to be absolutely sick. This would be the Tyson Jackson pick but worse. You mention two OLB pass rusher types in Jones and Mingo. I wouldn't touch Jones with a 10 foot pole TBH, and Mingo needs to return to LSU and shouldn't be talked about anymore as a top 15 pick this year. If you want to talk about the premiere all-around defensive player in this draft, IMO Damontre Moore has to be in the conversation.

wishbone20

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe what I saw from Quinn Sunday, he really played great. The 3rd down conversion throw on the run to DMC along with a similar play in the second half were impressive. Hard to imagine that type of play continuing, but if it does the FO will have to consider him going forward.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: