Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders free agents 2013.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming he is close to being healthy AND clears waivers, Todd heap anyone? Yes, I believe the Wr corps has regressed that much.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Assuming he is close to being healthy AND clears waivers, Todd heap anyone? Yes, I believe the Wr corps has regressed that much.

He's a TE. Our TE had 14 catches, 130 yards yesterday and a TD. And we never run 2 TE sets anymore. So no for me.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Roninho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders free agents 2013. Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
RAIDERS:
QB - Matt Leinart OAK
RB - Jeremy Stewart OAK (Ex)
RB - Mike Goodson OAK
FB - Owen Schmitt OAK
WR - Duke Calhoun OAK (Ex)
WR - Derek Hagan OAK
TE - Brandon Myers OAK
OL - Zach Hurd OAK (Ex)
OT - Khalif Barnes OAK
C - Alex Parsons OAK (Ex)
OG - Cooper Carlisle OAK
DT - Desmond Bryant OAK
DE - Andre Carter OAK
DE - Matt Shaughnessy OAK
LB - Kaelin Burnett OAK (Ex)
LB - Omar Gaither OAK
LB - Philip Wheeler OAK
CB - Brandian Ross OAK (Ex)
DB - Phillip Adams OAK (RFA)
DB - Coye Francies OAK (RFA)
S - Matt Giordano OAK
CB - Joselio Hanson OAK
SS - Michael Mitchell OAK
CB - Shawntae Spencer OAK
DB - Ronald Bartell OAK
P - Shane Lechler OAK

Our roster consists of a lot of average players being paid like stars. That means that we need to spend small money on a large group of players. And we need to sign them for a few years so that we can get rid of our expensive players

I'd be willing to pay:
3-4 year deal with below average starter money:
Myers
Bryant
Shaughnessy
Wheeler

2 year deal with below average backup money:
Barnes
Hagan
Giordano
Mitchell
Gaither
Hanson
Spencer (with bonus to upgrade if he plays)

Anybody not willing to take this can go.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond Bryant, Matt Shaughnessy and Joselio Hanson. I would try keep those 3, if we can get decent deals. If we lose everyone else, I would be ok with that.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind if most of those guys go. But I would not want the majority of them not being resigned initially. Reason being most of them, especially younger guys are getting used to the system's. We dont want to replace cheap guys with more cheap guys who havnt been here and waste resources and time finding the guys that are not really going to make much of change. We should focus primarly on finding the guys we absolutley must move away from. Most of these cheap resigning's wont count against the cap anyways if we release them before the season and replace them with another guy.

Update: Just read this tidbit.

Phillip Wheeler has gotten 23 pressures out of 91 pass rush snaps, 2nd most effecient pass rusher in NFL @PFF
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Desmond Bryant, Matt Shaughnessy and Joselio Hanson. I would try keep those 3, if we can get decent deals. If we lose everyone else, I would be ok with that.

What has Shaughnessey done this season to warrant keeping? He's become mediocre vs the run at best and gets little to no pass rush more often than not

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

What has Shaughnessey done this season to warrant keeping? He's become mediocre vs the run at best and gets little to no pass rush more often than not

We'd have to make sure we get someone to replace him then, which isn't a sure thing. Can't solve every problem in one off season
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

We'd have to make sure we get someone to replace him then, which isn't a sure thing. Can't solve every problem in one off season

He'd be better at LDE too.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

He's one of the top priorities to replace. We can't rush the passer. What position do you look at first when that's a problem? RE. I could see us moving him to LE but we're going to address RE this offseason. And that's for damn sure.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

+1 to that and what 3828 said.

Shaggy has shown how good he can be in the past, I think its just clear that he is not a RDE. Only thing is for him to play on the right side, Houston would need to be moved inside. I just really hope we get Star or a premier pass rusher, it will give us a lot of options for our line.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda surprised no one seems to want Carter back for depth even after getting more rest. He'll be cheap and he could quite possibly be effective as a situational pass rusher and like I said before, depth.

PM sig requests.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

Like I said, if he comes at a decent price, he's worth keeping. He isn't great but is good depth. As much as I want everyone to go, we have to keep a few... If Raiders move to a 3-4, he can walk.

Also a move to LDE could help.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

Like I said, if he comes at a decent price, he's worth keeping. He isn't great but is good depth. As much as I want everyone to go, we have to keep a few... If Raiders move to a 3-4, he can walk.

Also a move to LDE could help.

+1
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Darkness wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

Shaggy has shown how good he can be in the past, I think its just clear that he is not a RDE. Only thing is for him to play on the right side, Houston would need to be moved inside. I just really hope we get Star or a premier pass rusher, it will give us a lot of options for our line.

Yet another overrated Raider based on flashing here and there. How good has he shown he can be in the past? He missed a whole season on injury, and maxed out at 5 sacks the year before. All he's shown is how he can be dominant for a 5 play series a couple times in his career. That's nothing. Trevor Scott did more here than Shaughnessey has. And it makes me sad to say that, but it's the truth. Right now Shaughnessey and Tyler Brayton are a great comparison.

He might make an adequate rotation guy for 20 snaps a game at this point. And he seems to be chummy with McClain, so perhaps he is one of the problem children as well.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Darkness wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

Yet another overrated Raider based on flashing here and there. How good has he shown he can be in the past? He missed a whole season on injury, and maxed out at 5 sacks the year before. All he's shown is how he can be dominant for a 5 play series a couple times in his career. That's nothing. Trevor Scott did more here than Shaughnessey has. And it makes me sad to say that, but it's the truth. Right now Shaughnessey and Tyler Brayton are a great comparison.

He might make an adequate rotation guy for 20 snaps a game at this point. And he seems to be chummy with McClain, so perhaps he is one of the problem children as well.

I dont think I overate him and I still think he is an above average run stopper who can occasionally get into the backfield. He does lead the team in sacks by the way(not saying much). He also had a down year coming of that pectoral shoulder injury. Seems like he has always been a team player.

Anyways I do not understand why him and Houston dont switch sides. You would think having Houston relentlessly attacking a LT would be to our advantage especially since the QB cant see him coming from that side as much. Not to mention having Wheeler on that side.

With all that said I do think we need a pass rusher or two. But I think Shaggnessey should stay at the very least a very good backup. I wouldnt bat an eye if a guy like Shagnessey had to fill in for my starter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: