Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detroit Lions @ GB Packers GDT--does the streak end?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Detroit
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
GB
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 29

Author Message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50212
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Detroit Lions @ GB Packers GDT--does the streak end? Reply with quote

Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers






Does anyone remember what they were doing Dec 15th of 1991? Detroit Lions remember it being the last win in GB. Coaching the Lions at the time was Wayne Fontes

Detroit had a record of 12-4 that season. Kramer was 6-2 and Peete was 6-2 at QB that season for Det. Barry ran for nearly 1600 yards and 16 tds that year. No WR topped 700 yards that year.

Detroit won the game 21-17. Kramer only passed for 132 and Barry failed to break 100 yet they somehow won.




Keys to the game:

Feed Calvin the ball. Record within sight.

Get to Rodgers early and often

Limit dumb penalties.




Watch to look forward to watching for Detroit:

Can Stafford have back to back 5000 yard seasons?

Will Megatron break Rice record?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qball8001


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 7934
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what... it ends. I think we get our Christmas miracle this week.

Suh and Fairley are gonna be chomping at the bit.

CJ having a huge week would be crucial. I hope he gets 200 yards again. Gonna be tough against a good CB tandem.

We just gotta limit stupid plays, and stop pretending that we can run the ball... THROW THE ROCK LINEHAN!
_________________
Lions are completely inept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50212
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
You know what... it ends. I think we get our Christmas miracle this week.

Suh and Fairley are gonna be chomping at the bit.

CJ having a huge week would be crucial. I hope he gets 200 yards again. Gonna be tough against a good CB tandem.

We just gotta limit stupid plays, and stop pretending that we can run the ball... THROW THE ROCK LINEHAN!




I think no huddle hurry up offense is needed early. It helps sets down Stafford.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8579
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, why not?

We're due for a win in Green Bay.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50212
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Eh, why not?

We're due for a win in Green Bay.


True. Stranger things have happened
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maverick12


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 1592
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, another Sunday Night game were we practically have no shot. Rodgers is gonna go nuts all over our pathetic secondary(even though Nelson is looking like a longshot to play). Meanwhile on offense we have Mike Thomas as our starter opposite Calvin. Rolling Eyes Maybe I'm being too harsh when I say we have no chance, but the odds certainly don't favor us in this one, especially if Matthews is back. I'm predicting something along the lines of
38-24 GB win, but I'll gladly eat crow if I turn out to be wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8579
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
Ugh, another Sunday Night game we're we practically have no shot. Rodgers is gonna go nuts all over our pathetic secondary(even though Nelson is looking like a longshot to play). Meanwhile on offense we have Mike Thomas as our starter opposite Calvin. Rolling Eyes Maybe I'm being too harsh when I say we have no chance, but the odds certainly don't favor us in this one, especially if Matthews is back. I'm predicting something along the lines of
38-24 GB win, but I'll gladly eat crow if I turn out to be wrong.


How nuts did he go on our secondary when we played earlier this year?
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maverick12


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 1592
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
Ugh, another Sunday Night game we're we practically have no shot. Rodgers is gonna go nuts all over our pathetic secondary(even though Nelson is looking like a longshot to play). Meanwhile on offense we have Mike Thomas as our starter opposite Calvin. Rolling Eyes Maybe I'm being too harsh when I say we have no chance, but the odds certainly don't favor us in this one, especially if Matthews is back. I'm predicting something along the lines of
38-24 GB win, but I'll gladly eat crow if I turn out to be wrong.


How nuts did he go on our secondary when we played earlier this year?
Point awarded to you, but it's at Lambeau where I feel he'll be more comfortable and I really don't expect him to struggle like that again, especially against the secondary we are putting out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50212
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
Ugh, another Sunday Night game were we practically have no shot. Rodgers is gonna go nuts all over our pathetic secondary(even though Nelson is looking like a longshot to play). Meanwhile on offense we have Mike Thomas as our starter opposite Calvin. Rolling Eyes Maybe I'm being too harsh when I say we have no chance, but the odds certainly don't favor us in this one, especially if Matthews is back. I'm predicting something along the lines of
38-24 GB win, but I'll gladly eat crow if I turn out to be wrong.



Depends how many time he stares down refs begging for a flag. He gets some weak calls simply because of staring at refs. It's funny really how easy they cave to the diva QBs. League has made qBs so soft. He wanted a flag for Fairley play where he met up once he realized Rodgers got rid if ball lol
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25776
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always hope but I honestly don't think the Lions are winning this.

The Packers are a very good team, in the hunt and playing at home.

The Lions are going to Lambeau in December which could also play a factor.

GB..........34
Lions.......20
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SadLionFan00


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 14342
Location: Michigan State University
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
qball8001 wrote:
You know what... it ends. I think we get our Christmas miracle this week.

Suh and Fairley are gonna be chomping at the bit.

CJ having a huge week would be crucial. I hope he gets 200 yards again. Gonna be tough against a good CB tandem.

We just gotta limit stupid plays, and stop pretending that we can run the ball... THROW THE ROCK LINEHAN!




I think no huddle hurry up offense is needed early. It helps sets down Stafford.


That made me think.

Chip Kelly anyone?
_________________
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Trestman is a great coach but Cutler is already a pouty overconfident poo flinger. What more can he do with him?
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ahoda


Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 4439
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions won't win another game the rest of the year.
_________________
R.I.P STYLISH. GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2799
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid the Detroit Thugs get their asses handed to them this week - can I say asses. The Lions should be much better but discipline starts at the top and I'm afraid that doesn't exist in Detroit right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18163
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad week to have a bye week in fantasy with Rogers as your qb.

Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25784
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
I'm afraid the Detroit Thugs get their asses handed to them this week - can I say asses. The Lions should be much better but discipline starts at the top and I'm afraid that doesn't exist in Detroit right now.

Coming from a Packers' fan, this comment could be seen as an attempt to incite others.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group