Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Windows Phones, Tablets and Windows 8/RT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the Lumia 822. This phone is amazing. Soooooo fast.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
Picked up the Lumia 822. This phone is amazing. Soooooo fast.

Awesome. I'm glad you like it. I'm still drooling over the new nokias... Need to find a way to get one.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that the new surface tablet 32gb only has 16gb free space ... is that true?

We the North
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
I heard that the new surface tablet 32gb only has 16gb free space ... is that true?

No.. It was 20 something. Maybe ~24 ish?

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

No.. It was 20 something. Maybe ~24 ish?

Still alot losing to built in programs ... I dont think Im gonna buy the surface mainly because I have a nexus 7

We the North
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really like the HTC 8X. I've owned a Droid Incredible for two years and always thought I would make the jump to the iPhone but now I'm not so sure. I'm just not quite sold on Windows yet.

Sell me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
I really, really like the HTC 8X. I've owned a Droid Incredible for two years and always thought I would make the jump to the iPhone but now I'm not so sure. I'm just not quite sold on Windows yet.

Sell me.

What do you need to know?

swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Sell me.

What do you need to know?

Basically about Windows phones in general compared to Androids. Also, about the Windows app market.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Windows is a far smoother interface than Android and is much less prone to crashes or apps freezing. The market place is pretty strong right now - ~150-200K apps - and is growing rapidly. Microsoft brags that they have 49 of the 50 most popular apps for smart phones. I rarely, if ever, think "Damn, it sucks that we dont have XX app". In fact, it pretty much never happens.

One other note on the apps, Microsoft has made it really easy to port apps from Windows 8 to Windows Phone 8. With the anticipated ~1 Billion people who will be on Windows 8 in the next year, you can see the probability of all major apps being released on WP8.

The devices themselves have all had pretty high customer satisfaction scores, in fact a report a while back said that windows phones took like 7 of the top 10 highest rated phones by consumers. Here is a link to amazon to see how people like them:

http://wireless.amazon.com/b/684177011/#TransactionType%3DINDIVIDUAL_NEW%26phones_categoryOS%3DosWindowsMobile%26keywords%3D%26nodeID%3D684177011%26pageSize%3D30%26rank%3Dbestselling

Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Rudolph, the team has carried out 75,000 challenges and demonstrations in all supported locations, which is quite an achievement. If that wasn't impressive enough, 88% of people who took part in the challenge and answered the survey afterwards believed that Windows Phone was a much better match for them then their current smartphone.

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-88-percent-meet-your-match-participants-prefer-windows-phone

Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a used Lumia 920.

Got the phone, case and wireless charger for $360. According to Best Buy, I can trade in my phone for ~$80.

Not to bad. Excited to get to own one!!

Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Microsoft has innovated with Windows 8 and its Surface RT tablet, which sports an attractive design and boasts an array of features. It has been a hit with both consumers and ourselves. But why has the younger demographic shown more interest in Microsoft's product than the trendy Apple? Buzz notes that Apple is now too popular to be popular and teens are into replacing iPhones and iPads with Samsung Galaxy smartphones and Microsoft Surface tablets.

"Teens are telling us Apple is done. Apple has done a great job of embracing Gen X and older [Millennials], but I don’t think they are connecting with Millennial kids. [They’re] all about Surface tablets/laptops and Galaxy."

http://www.wpcentral.com/teenagers-apple-no-longer-cool-microsoft-surface

The Hipsters have spoken. Apple is dead. Laughing

buno67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
Microsoft has innovated with Windows 8 and its Surface RT tablet, which sports an attractive design and boasts an array of features. It has been a hit with both consumers and ourselves. But why has the younger demographic shown more interest in Microsoft's product than the trendy Apple? Buzz notes that Apple is now too popular to be popular and teens are into replacing iPhones and iPads with Samsung Galaxy smartphones and Microsoft Surface tablets.

"Teens are telling us Apple is done. Apple has done a great job of embracing Gen X and older [Millennials], but I don’t think they are connecting with Millennial kids. [They’re] all about Surface tablets/laptops and Galaxy."

man thank god I got the Samsung galaxy note tablet instead of the ipad lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

And yet there were 500k Surfaces sold last time I checked. It's so in now that nobody's buying it. Wink

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

And yet there were 500k Surfaces sold last time I checked. It's so in now that nobody's buying it. Wink

Yep. I don't get it. I've messed with both and the Surface is the better product by far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 32 of 48

Jump to: