Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 Off-Season Mock 12/5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Vikings 2013 Off-Season Mock 12/5 Reply with quote

Resign:
WR Jerome Simpson

FB Jerome Felton

C Joe Berger

CB AJ Jefferson

OT Phil Loadholt

OG Geoff Schwartz

CB Marcus Sherels

S Jamarca Sanford

LB Marvin Mitchell

LB Erin Henderson

Cuts:

WR Michael Jenkins

WR Stephen Burton

WR Devin Aromashodu

CB Brandon Burton

S Mistral Raymond

FAs:

Danny Amendola- has great hands, makes the tough catches, and could be signed for a reasonable buck.

Glenn Dorsey- Vikings don't resign Kevin Williams. I like Dorsey at the UT position.

Draft:

1st- MLB Alec Ogletree UGA (6'2.5 234lbs)- speed, speed, and more speed. Ogletree flys around the field sideline to sideline making tackles. He is a converted S, so he is very good in coverage. Ogletree is exactly what the Vikings need out of a ILB. Ogletree will need to add10-15lbs which he should have no problem doing.

2nd- WR Da'rick Rogers TTU (6'2.5 208lbs)- Rogers is a big tough WR. He makes tough catches and rarely is brought down by one defender. He will bring a tough swagger to the WR corps.

2nd (trade 3rd and 4th pick DET)(6'3 343lbs) OG Larry Warford UK- watch him against Mizzou, he dominates Sheldon Richardson.

4th- WR Ryan Swope TAMU (6' 206lbs) - Swope has amazing hands, runs great routes, and is decievingly fast. Swope is fearless across the middle.

5th- CB Darius Slay MSU (6'.5 192lbs)- Slay is very athletic and looked over because of Banks. Slay has a chance at making the roster.

6th- OLB Devonte Holloman USC (6'2 241lbs)- Holloman is a covered safety and has very good instincts. He is a hard hitter and his ability to drop in coverage make him an upgrade over Henderson.

6th- S Brandan Bishop NCSU (6'1.5 205lbs)- Bishop has ball hawking ability. He has 12 career interceptions.

UDFA:
RB Chris Thompson FSU

Vikings 2013 Roster:

Rookies

Free Agents

Offense-

QB- Ponder, Webb, Bethel-Thompson
RB- Peterson, Gerhart, Thompson
FB- Felton
TE- Rudolph, Carlson, Ellison
WRs- X- Rogers& Simpson, Z- Harvin & Swope, Y- Amendola & Wright
LT- Kalil
LG- Schwartz, Fusco
C-Sullivan, Berger
RG-Warford, Asper
RT- Loadholt, Johnson

Defense-

LDE- Robison, Reed
NT- Guion, Evans
UT- Dorsey, Ballard
RDE- Allen, Griffen
WLB- Henderson, Holloman
MLB- Ogeltree, Cole, Mitchell
SLB- Greenway, Dean
LCB- Winfield, Robinson, Slay
RCB- Cook, Jefferson, Sherels
SS- Blanton, Bishop
FS- Smith, Sanford
P- Kluwe
K- Walsh
LS- Loefller

Last edited by KeithVikings28 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that vast of an improvement. I love Danny Amendola, but he's a slot receiver only and he's injured quite often. Rogers hasn't dominated against weak competition.

Ogletree may end up being a bit of a reach if we pick in the early teens, but I like him for our defense if he grades out okay in the combine interviews.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Not that vast of an improvement. I love Danny Amendola, but he's a slot receiver only and he's injured quite often. Rogers hasn't dominated against weak competition.

Look who he has throwing to him. First year in a program. Lots of factors. Talent has huge upside. We need WRs that are quick, with good hands, and run short routes. Ponder isn't a deep ball QB, so we surround him with speed. Swope and Rogers are both tough and can go across the middle. Harvin and Wright can be spilt out wide and burn people.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Division I receiver, shouldn't matter who is throwing him the ball if he's worthy of a second round pick.

Just my opinion, and one that isn't widely shared around this forum. Still doesn't explain where Amendola fits. He either pushes Percy Harvin out of his most effective position or is put in an ineffective position himself. No upside in that move other than it does increase the talent level of our receiving core. That talent doesn't matter if it's not put in the right position.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X- Rogers, Z- Harvin & Swope, Y- Amendola & Wright
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:

Just an FYI Y =/= slot receiver. Y is most often associated with the tight end.

And you did exactly what I said the problem would be. Harvin is pushed out of his natural slot position and won't be as effective. Amendola is not a fit for this team.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KV28, I enjoyed reading through your mock and I like it pretty much from top to bottom. The only quibble I might have is that I feel Glenn Dorsey is more likely a lost cause than a scheme misfit, but that does not mean I think it isn't possible for him to succeed in our 4-3. I actually think landing Amendola could be huge for us. He's a shifty guy who, most importantly, makes the most of his targets. The way you have drawn out the WR depth chart seems like a practical way to line everyone up, as far as I am concerned. I'm also a member of the Ogletree fan club, and would have no problem with targeting him in the Draft.

Nice work, I enjoyed reading it.

Peppers90 on the sig.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

And you did exactly what I said the problem would be. Harvin is pushed out of his natural slot position and won't be as effective. Amendola is not a fit for this team.

I think that would be more beneficial for the team as a whole. Sure Percy might not be as effective but I think that would make the offense as a whole click better. What are your thoughts on improving the WR corps?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

I think that would be more beneficial for the team as a whole. Sure Percy might not be as effective but I think that would make the offense as a whole click better. What are your thoughts on improving the WR corps?

I very much agree with your premise for improving the WR corp. Bring in a top guy in FA/via trade and then draft one in the first two rounds.

You and I just seem to disagree on which two guys, which is perfectly fine Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: