Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dawg Lb. Draft 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Dawg Lb. Draft 2.0 Reply with quote

Hotep Brohters
Hope everyone is well, I am going to take a shot at a draft…not a whole offseason because I’m still trying to decide if I would like Gus Bradley or Ray Horton as the HC….still learning towards Horton…but thanks to Reggie Camp…Bradley is starting to really grow on me….IMO they are the only two DC in the NFL that are running new/fully hybrid defenses vs a ¾ or a 4/3. But here is the draft I would want….I have us picking around 9-10. I also have us getting a couple of Comp picks in round 6 and 7 for Hillis, Adams and Vallos. So folks will not like my draft, as I roll the dice on some questionable talent…

1rst Deion Jordan 6-7 243lbs DE/OLB Org
IMO we get a talented edge player than can stand up, put his hand on the ground, or cover a TE walked out in the slot. I think this is the perfect type of toy you give a D.Coordinator like Juron and good things happen. This kid will play a “Joker” type position.

3rd Larry Warford 6’3 340lbs OG UK
We grab the big road grader from the SEC. Plug this kid in between Mack and Thomas and let him bulldoze open holes for T.Rich

4th Sean Porter 6’2 230 OLB TexAm
We get a kid that slips here, and we are happy to add this talented defender to our LB corps.

5th Michael Dyer 5-9 210lbs RB AUB/ArkSt.
Now I start to draft talent for the sake of talent. T.Rich has been nicked up, but will be a star, MoHard is starting to look like the 2nd round back we drafted before he got hurt the last two years. But this kid is a top 15 talent, with Marcus Lattimore’s injury, this kid would probably be the first back off the board, had he not gotten into so much trouble.

6th Tyran Mathieu 5-9 175lbs CB/FS ex-LSU
Ultimate risk vs Reward pick here. Nuff said, its time to roll the dice.

6th Ray Ray Armstrong 6-4 220lbs FS/SS MIA/Falukner
Ultimate risk vs Reward pick here. Nuff said, its time to roll the dice….again LOL.

7th Jack Doyle 6-6 253lbs TE WKU
Very versatile TE, heart and soul of the team type of player. Found out about this kid scouting the MLB and DE from WKU. This kid has a shot to be a very good TE

7th Ryan Allen 6-2 215lbs P Lou.Tech.
Grab the nations top punter who was averaging almost 50 yards per punt.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft mist be a ditch, cuz I can dig it. Excellent picks.

#FreeJoshGordon
Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is alot of risk in this draft but there is a ton of potential as well
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it alot. I am going to nit pick a little bit because I think Michael Dyer is a human piece of crap with overrated football ability. In his place I would like to see Robbie Rouse of Fresno State. I just recently started to watch Fresno State to see what all the Derek Carr stuff was about and Rouse jumped off the screen in a big way. He may be litte but he can flat out ball. He is also very impressive between the tackles for suck a small back.

Jamison on the sig
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I like it alot. I am going to nit pick a little bit because I think Michael Dyer is a human piece of crap with overrated football ability. In his place I would like to see Robbie Rouse of Fresno State. I just recently started to watch Fresno State to see what all the Derek Carr stuff was about and Rouse jumped off the screen in a big way. He may be litte but he can flat out ball. He is also very impressive between the tackles for suck a small back.

I've been reading really good stuff about Rouse also. Even some saying he's the best Senior in the class.

#FreeJoshGordon
Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Dawg Lb. Draft 2.0 Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
Hotep Brohters
Hope everyone is well, I am going to take a shot at a draft…not a whole offseason because I’m still trying to decide if I would like Gus Bradley or Ray Horton as the HC….still learning towards Horton…but thanks to Reggie Camp…Bradley is starting to really grow on me….IMO they are the only two DC in the NFL that are running new/fully hybrid defenses vs a ¾ or a 4/3. But here is the draft I would want….I have us picking around 9-10. I also have us getting a couple of Comp picks in round 6 and 7 for Hillis, Adams and Vallos. So folks will not like my draft, as I roll the dice on some questionable talent…

IMO we get a talented edge player than can stand up, put his hand on the ground, or cover a TE walked out in the slot. I think this is the perfect type of toy you give a D.Coordinator like Juron and good things happen. This kid will play a “Joker” type position.

This would be an awesome pick in the 34, in the 43 it's meh.

We grab the big road grader from the SEC. Plug this kid in between Mack and Thomas and let him bulldoze open holes for T.Rich

Rather use FA to address the OL and get a DB here or LB

We get a kid that slips here, and we are happy to add this talented defender to our LB corps.

Good pick at this point in the draft.

Now I start to draft talent for the sake of talent. T.Rich has been nicked up, but will be a star, MoHard is starting to look like the 2nd round back we drafted before he got hurt the last two years. But this kid is a top 15 talent, with Marcus Lattimore’s injury, this kid would probably be the first back off the board, had he not gotten into so much trouble.

Doubt he is BPA here and other positions need addressed, so I really hate the pick.

The whole repeated Weed thing and Law trouble makes him a UDFA IMO. Don't like picks spent one folks that spend time in jail due to repeated poor choices. Hate the pick.

Ultimate risk vs Reward pick here. Nuff said, its time to roll the dice….again LOL.

This guy has a beeter shot a being a Will LB than a safety. Thayt and his whole poor choices thing make me luk warm on him.

Very versatile TE, heart and soul of the team type of player. Found out about this kid scouting the MLB and DE from WKU. This kid has a shot to be a very good TE

Another guy seeing the WKU light eh. Some interesting prospects that is for sure.

Rucker has sucked most of this year, good pick up. With a young offence that is inconsistant burying opposing O's as deep as possible will help both sides of the ball.

Liked about half the picks. I am curious if the D is till the 43 and what you did in FA.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

This is another time I must say, that one of the brothers in here pulled my coat tail to another player...this Rouse kid is NICE....really reminds me of those Pitt backs (Deion Lewis and Shady McCoy) in college....very nice...

I know he hasnt played in a year or two.....but go back to his Aub tape in 2010....he was a starting freshman (who won the game MVP over #1 pick Cam Newton) for the national champion Aub tigers...then rushed for 1200+ yards the next season when EVERYBODY pretty much left and SEC knew that Aub was 1 dimensional.....Dyer's whole deal will be staying out of trouble....

Rouse not a bad back...but at 5'7 190 not sure he can handle blocking and everything else....I'll take a shot on the 5'10 215lbs who was first team all SEC starter ahead of our #3 Pick from last season Wink

Also I used the logic of....if I the Browns draft a RB it has to be #1. A later round pick (5th or later IMO) and #2 either have some sort of sick quality (4.27 FYD or something) or be potentially better than Hardesty and Richardson....I dont see that in Rouse...Dyer...maybe...I mean he broke Bo Jackson's Aub freshman records....Bo yall......LOL

DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
This draft mist be a ditch, cuz I can dig it. Excellent picks.

Thank you Sir!!!

DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Dawg Lb. Draft 2.0 Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
Hotep Brohters

This would be an awesome pick in the 34, in the 43 it's meh.

Rather use FA to address the OL and get a DB here or LB

Good pick at this point in the draft.

Doubt he is BPA here and other positions need addressed, so I really hate the pick.

The whole repeated Weed thing and Law trouble makes him a UDFA IMO. Don't like picks spent one folks that spend time in jail due to repeated poor choices. Hate the pick.

This guy has a beeter shot a being a Will LB than a safety. Thayt and his whole poor choices thing make me luk warm on him.

Another guy seeing the WKU light eh. Some interesting prospects that is for sure.

Rucker has sucked most of this year, good pick up. With a young offence that is inconsistant burying opposing O's as deep as possible will help both sides of the ball.

Liked about half the picks. I am curious if the D is till the 43 and what you did in FA.

Thank you for your comments Brother,

I can say with the Jordan Pick....I like this kid in the 4-3 or the 3-4, with is size and athletic ability he is versatile enough to play a key roll in any defensive set. I like defenders who don't have a defined position per-say...because I judge him off a couple of things...he dosent have a position defined per-say...but bottom line he can #1 Rush the Passer, #2 Cover TE's, RB's and Possession receivers out of the backfield or 1 on 1 in the slot and #3 is not a liability against the run.....give me a player that can do all that...and I will FIND a place to put him.

3rd Round
I believe a team is built through the draft....and I personally don't hate what we have in the secondary after Patterson gets healthy...and perhaps I like Skrine and Wade a lot more than other folks in here...and secondly are their going to be any FA guards with more potential then Larry Warford?

4th Round
Thank you....I am counting on slippage here....Porter should go in round 3....but an OLB dropping half a round is not OUT of the question...

5th Round Pick
My Question is, from a talent standpoint, would there be any players available that are top 20 talents?
My second question is what other positions (Besides Safety) is a position of "NEED" not addressed in the rest of the draft?

6th round - HoneyBadger pick
I feel you...and I respect it.....I also remember this kid almost won a Heisman as soph (NEVER been done) defender (Only Charles Woodson)....so I roll the dice here.

6th - Armstrong pick
Opinion....you say he has a better shot at being a Will LB....because some experts have said, if he gets his head on straight he is every bit as talented as Sean Taylor.....but it does help my arugment....if he dose not make it as a safety then possibly Will as a fall back?

7- Doyle
BEEN on the WKU bandwagon since before the season.......was VERY intrested in Bobby Rainey as a prospect a year or two ago.....then saw KamTrus make mention of them about something before the season started........and then heard somebody got sacks vs DJ Fluker in one of the first games of the season...been on WKU hard ever since.... Very Happy
So been looking at the WKU light since Bobby Rainey was RB there...

7th- Either this kid or Quinn Sharp from OKST.....

I havent thought about FA yet....the next biggest thing I'm trying to decide is if I want Ray Horton or Perry Fewell (and thanks to ReggieCamp..damn you LOL).......OR Gus Bradley as the new HC.....

JURON NEEDS TO BE RETAINED REGARDLESS.... Laughing

Last edited by DaWg_LB. on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I'm not super big on jordan but the rest of the draft looks pretty good.

that is all

mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: