Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

V.2 Finley thinks Finley is a Playmaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do You feel about Finley
Approve
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Disapprove
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
PacAttack04 wrote:
Where is this Jennings is getting $10 Million a year stuff coming from?

I mean, I can understand a guy like Vincent Jackson getting that, a guy Desean getting near that. But the thing is, those guys have an elite level skill. Jackson is the Brandon Marshall, CJ type receiver that just physically dominates CBs. Desean can take any play to the house, hes a dynamic KR, PR, deep threat, etc.

But Jennings? Hes going to be a 30 year old WR coming off an injury that kept him out almost the entire year. And when a guy like James Jones hit the FA, he barely got any interest, so is that maybe because teams look at Rodgers and see that he puts his WRs in a great position a lot?

Im wondering, a similar WR(IMO) like Brandon Lloyd only got a 3 Year, $12 Million dollar contract. I feel they are similar FA WR types in that they get open by being smart, running good routes, etc. I realize that Jennings has a much more consistent history, but let me ask, going forward, do you really see Jennings as that guy? The guy that can continue to be a #1 option in the passing game despite no elite physical skill? Reggie Wayne is the same way, despite all his production, he got a 3 Year, $17.5 Million Dollar Contract. Not that much. But the guys that get the big money? Theyre the guys with an elite skillset. So let me ask you guys, do you really think Jennings is getting that much in FA?
Well Jennings is a top WR in the NFL. Of all the guys you listed, Vincent and Desean Jackson and Brandon Marshall, I'd take Jennings 10/10 times over all of them. Jennings is the ultimate pro WR. He is so smart, he knows what defenses are trying to do to him and how to react to what they are doing to get himself open. Jennings is most likely the best route running WR in the NFL and he also is a legit deep threat. When I watch Jennings I am not afraid of going forward with him, his game should age well. The guy is willing to do what ever it takes to win. James Jones didn't draw interest because he is a possesion WR who had problems catching the football. Just because Jennings isn't 6'5 225 or run a 4.25 40 yard dash doesn't mean he doesn't have elite skills. He is an elite type guy with the ball in his hands. He will be way closer to $10m a year than 3 IMO.

It's been said before, but that skillset will last him well into his 30s. That's worth some money. With that being said, does he want to play that long? Bit risky if you ask me.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-seem-to-be-finished-with-finley-v081e07-183664521.html

Quote:
Sources familiar with the Packers' thinking say the club not only wants to get rid of Finley but has decided to do exactly that in the off-season.

It means that if the Packers cannot find a trade partner, they are prepared to release Finley because of financial, competitive and behavioral reasons.

There is no way the Packers will pick up the second half of the two-year, $14 million contract they gave Finley in late February, according to sources.

Quote:
Next year, the Packers will return four veteran tight ends along with Brandon Bostick, a rookie free agent on the practice squad with exciting potential as a downfield receiver.

Ready, set, go.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-seem-to-be-finished-with-finley-v081e07-183664521.html

Quote:
Sources familiar with the Packers' thinking say the club not only wants to get rid of Finley but has decided to do exactly that in the off-season.

It means that if the Packers cannot find a trade partner, they are prepared to release Finley because of financial, competitive and behavioral reasons.

There is no way the Packers will pick up the second half of the two-year, $14 million contract they gave Finley in late February, according to sources.

Quote:
Next year, the Packers will return four veteran tight ends along with Brandon Bostick, a rookie free agent on the practice squad with exciting potential as a downfield receiver.

Ready, set, go.

It's pretty obvious both the staff and Rodgers have pretty much lost faith in Finley. I think given his contract next year of right about 8 mil, I don't see how anyone could justify that being a good value.

This is really a logical conclusion.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is by no means surprising, but the Finley thing has been a hot issue for awhile-- and most of it has been based on pure speculation. It is very interesting to read about the topic from a respected guy like McGinn.

I hope we can find a trade partner, but I think a release is more likely given what he is owed next season.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money for Jennings?

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Hawkfan191

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Money for Jennings?

this. with the money we'll save with Finley + Driver we should be nearing Jennings territory?
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Money for Jennings?

gosh i hope so.....much better spent there
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkfan191 wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
Money for Jennings?

this. with the money we'll save with Finley + Driver we should be nearing Jennings territory?

Not even. Jennings is already making a decent amount of money. Jennings (current) + Driver should about get us there.

This would all likely end up going to Rodgers/Matthews in all probability.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ECPackers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but wait, i thought everyone here (cept' me) wanted jennings outta here?

now you want him?

o how thy rush with the wind
Bucks
Badgers
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
Money for Jennings?

gosh i hope so.....much better spent there
definitely been all speculation up to this point but I have been very open on my values of both Jennings and Finley and this suggests similar views as mine. You have to mature and take responsibility at some point. Maybe Finley turns into Shannon sharpe but I'm betting against it at this point. Rodgers is part of what made Finley great at times. He's not going to find the se success in buffalo, Cleveland, St. Louis or any other city; he may see more looks total but they won't be handed to him like Rodgers has done for him

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they keep Finley and hope it's worth it. Doubt they find a trade partner. It's just one more year.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
mxr124

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This McGinn guy is a tool IMO. What good can come from submitting a story like this at this time. The team is in a serious playoff push. Ship this guy out with #88 please.

Last edited by mxr124 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
byzr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javon Walker 2.0? he couldn't cash the checks his mouth was writing i guess. he's got all the things that can't be coached it just seems like..... he can't be coached. for him not to be able to thrive in this offense i wonder just who is going to take a flyer on him.

i think we can get a 5th for him. a team gets him under contract and can get him into camp and try him out for a bit and see how he fits without having to pay FA money for him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impartial on the subject. I'll trust the front office and be happy with whether they get rid of him or not. As for Jennings, I would rather let him go and save it for guys that arent so close to 30 years old.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much would we save by cutting Finley?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: