Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFC North could get very interesting down the stretch..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: AFC North could get very interesting down the stretch.. Reply with quote

If the Redskins can manage to knock off the Ravens this week at home this division could get extremely interesting going down to the wire.

Current AFC North standings

Baltimore 9-3; 4-1 DIV; 8-2 CONF
Pittsburgh 7-5; 2-2 DIV; 4-5 CONF
Cincinnatti 7-5; 1-3 DIV; 5-5 CONF

If everything went the way we'd like it......

Week 14
Baltimore @ Washington ...Washington wins
Dallas @ Cincinnatti .......Dallas wins
San Diego @ Pitt ...Pitt wins

Baltimore 9-4; 4-1; 8-2
Pittsburgh 8-5; 2-2; 5-5
Cincinnatti 7-6; 1-3; 5-5

Week 15
Cincy @ Philly....lets say Cincy wins
Denver @ Baltimore...Denver wins
Pittsburgh @ Dallas...Pitt pulls out a tough one

Baltimore 9-5; 4-1; 8-3
Pittsburgh 9-5; 2-2; 5-5
Cincinnatti 8-6; 1-3; 5-5

Week 16
NY Giants @ Baltimore.....Giants win
Cincy @ Pittsburgh ...Pitt wins

Pittsburgh 10-5; 3-2; 6-5
Baltimore 9-6; 4-1; 8-3
Cincinnatti 8-7; 1-4; 5-6

Week 17
Baltimore @ Cincinnatti
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh

We'd have to win and were in
Baltimore could win one of those previous games and it would come down to Baltimore @ Cincy in the final...

Cincy did go 0-2 last year vs Baltimore losing each game by a TD. Last years final game was also at Cincinnatti , which Baltimore won 24-16.

Baltimore pummeled Cincy in their home opener this year. Either way it does make for very interesting drama down the stretch.

...you have a forum resume?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for breaking down the scenarios, but I dont think the Ravens will fall apart like that. I do expect them to lose another....but I expect the Steelers to lose another one as well, and the Bengals to lose 2 or 3 more, since their schedule over the last month is pretty brutal.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Thanks for breaking down the scenarios, but I dont think the Ravens will fall apart like that. I do expect them to lose another....but I expect the Steelers to lose another one as well, and the Bengals to lose 2 or 3 more, since their schedule over the last month is pretty brutal.

Its not a long stretch though. Every one of those teams the Ravens plays is an extremely legitimate playoff contender. It all hinges on the Redskins.

We could lose a game, most likely Dallas ...San Diego, Cincy & Cleveland are ours. Because I say so Smile

It's only 4 games so its like I said no stretch and Baltimore's schedule is extremely difficult.

...you have a forum resume?
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bengals offense looks a bit troubled without Sanu and losing Suggs again can't be a good thing for Baltimore. It's not our the realm of possibility that we take the division at 11-5.

Realistically though Baltimore wins the AFCN and we need to go at least 3-1 down the stretch and/or sweep Cincy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill just be happy if that loss keeps the Ravens from getting homefield advantage.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, but I'll be just as saddened by a Pats superbowl berth than a Ravens one if not moreso. Hoping Texans get HFA unless the Texans, Baltimore, and NE all collapse and we somehow get it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Steelers could end the season at 11-5 and probably will depending on the the health and return of some of the players due to injury. The Steelers have a easy schedule I believe to finish the season and need to go 4-0.

Baltimore has looked vulnerable and but I don't think they go anything less then 11-5. I would love for them to finishing worse but I don't see that happening. The Ravens remaining schedule is tough and I believe they'll go 2-2 down the stretch.

Cincy is the wildcard because they could turn the tide of the entire division. If they defeat the Ravens and the Steelers they have a chance also to win the division. The Bengals have a chance of going 3-1 down the stretch, but I see them going 2-2 also.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think the Steelers will run the table. While I'm most worried about this weeks game because the Steeler tend to slack off against bad teams, I think the trip east for the Chargers will hurt them. I'm excited to see the rematch against the Browns. I think there will be payback on everyones mind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you optimists are going to jinx this team.

Shhh! Don't say it out loud.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: