Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
biggio7


Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 10621
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to lie, I hope in the 2014 draft the Texans take Derek Carr. Very Happy
_________________

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 5022
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the regular season slowly starts to wind down our needs are beginning to be clearer. A lot of mocks right now have Tavon Austin from WV but I dont see that, as Martin is basically what Austin is.

Personally I think we go NT, CB, OLB, or OL, which ever is BPA at those positions.

Secretly im hoping Wade gets another coaching job and we get a more traditional 3-4 DC and we got after a big NT cause there's alot of talent in this years DT class. And the middle of our DL is what's preventing us from being a dominate run stopping team. As we saw yesterday on the big run play where JJ was seen arguing with Kolar on the sidelines, JJ gets doubled teamed down and Glover just shot the wrong gap. Also Mitchell got some decent pressure and blew by his guy a couple of times yesterday practically ran himself out of the play. A NT is meant to take up 2 defenders and clog the middle and that's what we need.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
As the regular season slowly starts to wind down our needs are beginning to be clearer. A lot of mocks right now have Tavon Austin from WV but I dont see that, as Martin is basically what Austin is.

Personally I think we go NT, CB, OLB, or OL, which ever is BPA at those positions.

Secretly im hoping Wade gets another coaching job and we get a more traditional 3-4 DC and we got after a big NT cause there's alot of talent in this years DT class. And the middle of our DL is what's preventing us from being a dominate run stopping team. As we saw yesterday on the big run play where JJ was seen arguing with Kolar on the sidelines, JJ gets doubled teamed down and Glover just shot the wrong gap. Also Mitchell got some decent pressure and blew by his guy a couple of times yesterday practically ran himself out of the play. A NT is meant to take up 2 defenders and clog the middle and that's what we need.


If we don't keep Wade I would only want a Rex Ryan to replace him. Somebody established and we could rely on to deliver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 5022
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
As the regular season slowly starts to wind down our needs are beginning to be clearer. A lot of mocks right now have Tavon Austin from WV but I dont see that, as Martin is basically what Austin is.

Personally I think we go NT, CB, OLB, or OL, which ever is BPA at those positions.

Secretly im hoping Wade gets another coaching job and we get a more traditional 3-4 DC and we got after a big NT cause there's alot of talent in this years DT class. And the middle of our DL is what's preventing us from being a dominate run stopping team. As we saw yesterday on the big run play where JJ was seen arguing with Kolar on the sidelines, JJ gets doubled teamed down and Glover just shot the wrong gap. Also Mitchell got some decent pressure and blew by his guy a couple of times yesterday practically ran himself out of the play. A NT is meant to take up 2 defenders and clog the middle and that's what we need.


If we don't keep Wade I would only want a Rex Ryan to replace him. Somebody established and we could rely on to deliver.


No way we hire a Rex Ryan type, that's just not McNairs mo
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PAtexansFAN99


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 4463
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Phillips doesn't leave, I don't understand why you would. The past few weeks he's been trying to win without his best cover guy, his starting NT, and with the LB corps. dropping like flies, and he's STILL found a way to make MULTIPLE CRUCIAL stops at the end of games even after the offense puts the defense in a bad situation. This is year 2 of the FIX THE WORST DEFENSE EVER PROJECT and he's doin a pretty damn good job.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 5022
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt know where to put this

Man I really wish we would of taken Bryce Brown, he's having a monster night tonight with McCoy out against the Panthers.

He was a STUD in high school and made a bad decision to play for Lane Kiffen at Tennessee. He's got all the talent in the world and the Eagles will reap all the rewards.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5187
Location: td's basement
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Didnt know where to put this

Man I really wish we would of taken Bryce Brown, he's having a monster night tonight with McCoy out against the Panthers.

He was a STUD in high school and made a bad decision to play for Lane Kiffen at Tennessee. He's got all the talent in the world and the Eagles will reap all the rewards.


Bryce Brown had every red flag in the world. I'm glad we didn't take him. I would rather have Grimes than Brown.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5747
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Didnt know where to put this

Man I really wish we would of taken Bryce Brown, he's having a monster night tonight with McCoy out against the Panthers.

He was a STUD in high school and made a bad decision to play for Lane Kiffen at Tennessee. He's got all the talent in the world and the Eagles will reap all the rewards.


Bryce Brown had every red flag in the world. I'm glad we didn't take him. I would rather have Grimes than Brown.


That's going to be one short career if he doesn't learn to keep better control of the ball than I saw tonight. That tape is now everywhere and every DC knows to go at the ball when its in his hands. Steve Slaton wasn't even all that bad with ball security, he just stayed up too long in piles fighting for an extra yard and wasn't strong enough to hold the ball when lineman came in ripping it out. This dude carries the ball like a high school punter would. Not For Long Bryce if you have 2 more 2 fumble games this year.
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 5022
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go RB in this year's draft for some reason, I would love me some Eddie Lacy!
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14337
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
If we go RB in this year's draft for some reason, I would love me some Eddie Lacy!


If we take a flyer on a rb Id prefer Montee Ball, he would be pretty damn good in our system IMO....

I think ILB, NT and CB are important needs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 5022
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
If we go RB in this year's draft for some reason, I would love me some Eddie Lacy!


If we take a flyer on a rb Id prefer Montee Ball, he would be pretty damn good in our system IMO....

I think ILB, NT and CB are important needs


Oh I wouldnt touch a RB until the 3rd at the earliest. And yes all those needs are much more important. I think with the comp picks this year(I know you cant trade those) but I think we trade some of our other picks since we have a ton this draft.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5187
Location: td's basement
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Eddie Lacy, but Alabama running backs don't have a great record in the NFL. Bama's O-line makes them look better than they actually are. And Eddie Lacy is pretty one dimensional.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 5022
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping it up so they guys can see it better.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
I like Eddie Lacy, but Alabama running backs don't have a great record in the NFL. Bama's O-line makes them look better than they actually are. And Eddie Lacy is pretty one dimensional.


No way, Eddie Lacy is a Brandon Jacobs clone - no elusiveness, no shiftiness, and only tough to bring down when he's got a head of steam.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 31129
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yall talking running backs. I wouldnt mind Jonathan Franklin.

http://youtu.be/SyXbAmTk4uI

good receiver out the backfield and nice speed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 4 of 63

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group