Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggio7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to lie, I hope in the 2014 draft the Texans take Derek Carr. Very Happy

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the regular season slowly starts to wind down our needs are beginning to be clearer. A lot of mocks right now have Tavon Austin from WV but I dont see that, as Martin is basically what Austin is.

Personally I think we go NT, CB, OLB, or OL, which ever is BPA at those positions.

Secretly im hoping Wade gets another coaching job and we get a more traditional 3-4 DC and we got after a big NT cause there's alot of talent in this years DT class. And the middle of our DL is what's preventing us from being a dominate run stopping team. As we saw yesterday on the big run play where JJ was seen arguing with Kolar on the sidelines, JJ gets doubled teamed down and Glover just shot the wrong gap. Also Mitchell got some decent pressure and blew by his guy a couple of times yesterday practically ran himself out of the play. A NT is meant to take up 2 defenders and clog the middle and that's what we need.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
As the regular season slowly starts to wind down our needs are beginning to be clearer. A lot of mocks right now have Tavon Austin from WV but I dont see that, as Martin is basically what Austin is.

Personally I think we go NT, CB, OLB, or OL, which ever is BPA at those positions.

Secretly im hoping Wade gets another coaching job and we get a more traditional 3-4 DC and we got after a big NT cause there's alot of talent in this years DT class. And the middle of our DL is what's preventing us from being a dominate run stopping team. As we saw yesterday on the big run play where JJ was seen arguing with Kolar on the sidelines, JJ gets doubled teamed down and Glover just shot the wrong gap. Also Mitchell got some decent pressure and blew by his guy a couple of times yesterday practically ran himself out of the play. A NT is meant to take up 2 defenders and clog the middle and that's what we need.

If we don't keep Wade I would only want a Rex Ryan to replace him. Somebody established and we could rely on to deliver.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

If we don't keep Wade I would only want a Rex Ryan to replace him. Somebody established and we could rely on to deliver.

No way we hire a Rex Ryan type, that's just not McNairs mo

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Phillips doesn't leave, I don't understand why you would. The past few weeks he's been trying to win without his best cover guy, his starting NT, and with the LB corps. dropping like flies, and he's STILL found a way to make MULTIPLE CRUCIAL stops at the end of games even after the offense puts the defense in a bad situation. This is year 2 of the FIX THE WORST DEFENSE EVER PROJECT and he's doin a pretty damn good job.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt know where to put this

Man I really wish we would of taken Bryce Brown, he's having a monster night tonight with McCoy out against the Panthers.

He was a STUD in high school and made a bad decision to play for Lane Kiffen at Tennessee. He's got all the talent in the world and the Eagles will reap all the rewards.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Man I really wish we would of taken Bryce Brown, he's having a monster night tonight with McCoy out against the Panthers.

He was a STUD in high school and made a bad decision to play for Lane Kiffen at Tennessee. He's got all the talent in the world and the Eagles will reap all the rewards.

Bryce Brown had every red flag in the world. I'm glad we didn't take him. I would rather have Grimes than Brown.

Sig by matthouston91
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Bryce Brown had every red flag in the world. I'm glad we didn't take him. I would rather have Grimes than Brown.

That's going to be one short career if he doesn't learn to keep better control of the ball than I saw tonight. That tape is now everywhere and every DC knows to go at the ball when its in his hands. Steve Slaton wasn't even all that bad with ball security, he just stayed up too long in piles fighting for an extra yard and wasn't strong enough to hold the ball when lineman came in ripping it out. This dude carries the ball like a high school punter would. Not For Long Bryce if you have 2 more 2 fumble games this year.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go RB in this year's draft for some reason, I would love me some Eddie Lacy!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
If we go RB in this year's draft for some reason, I would love me some Eddie Lacy!

If we take a flyer on a rb Id prefer Montee Ball, he would be pretty damn good in our system IMO....

I think ILB, NT and CB are important needs
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

If we take a flyer on a rb Id prefer Montee Ball, he would be pretty damn good in our system IMO....

I think ILB, NT and CB are important needs

Oh I wouldnt touch a RB until the 3rd at the earliest. And yes all those needs are much more important. I think with the comp picks this year(I know you cant trade those) but I think we trade some of our other picks since we have a ton this draft.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Eddie Lacy, but Alabama running backs don't have a great record in the NFL. Bama's O-line makes them look better than they actually are. And Eddie Lacy is pretty one dimensional.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping it up so they guys can see it better.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
I like Eddie Lacy, but Alabama running backs don't have a great record in the NFL. Bama's O-line makes them look better than they actually are. And Eddie Lacy is pretty one dimensional.

No way, Eddie Lacy is a Brandon Jacobs clone - no elusiveness, no shiftiness, and only tough to bring down when he's got a head of steam.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yall talking running backs. I wouldnt mind Jonathan Franklin.

http://youtu.be/SyXbAmTk4uI

good receiver out the backfield and nice speed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 4 of 63

Jump to: