Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Edwards workout
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VD85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Ray Edwards workout Reply with quote

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Former Falcons/Vikings DE Ray Edwards worked out for the 49ers yesterday.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this guy a very solid DE? Maybe we're looking for depth, which we definitely need on that Dline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked him. He flourished playing opposite of Jarred Allen but floundered with the Falcons. Having him playing opposite of the Smith brothers could help his career turn around. The only issue I see with that is that I dont see him replacing RayMac so he wouldnt get a whole lot of playing time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign him... don't sign him... whatever. This season is now in the hands of Kaepernick and whether the learning curve will ruin our season or not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
sign him... don't sign him... whatever. This season is now in the hands of Kaepernick and whether the learning curve will ruin our season or not.
Stay on topic, don't make this about QBs please.

I think it would be good for a playoff run to give our guys breathers and have a good guy to spell them when they're taking breaks. This team makes smart moves. I wouldn't mind it and he might come cheap.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been horrible, I'd rather not sign him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I think it would be good for a playoff run to give our guys breathers and have a good guy to spell them when they're taking breaks. This team makes smart moves. I wouldn't mind it and he might come cheap.

I agree. The D-line could use some breaks. Ray Edwards could be that guy on the D-line like Jacobs SHOULD be that guy for the offense.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I agree. The D-line could use some breaks. Ray Edwards could be that guy on the D-line like Jacobs SHOULD be that guy for the offense.

Do you guys want a player like this on the team?

According to FOX's Jay Glazer, the Falcons dumped DE Ray Edwards because he refused to join a team gathering following the Week 10 loss to the Saints.

Coach Mike Smith called the players together only to see Edwards ignore his request three separate times, refusing to join in with teammates. Owner Arthur Blank and GM Thomas Dimitroff were in the room at the time, which certainly helped grease the skids for his removal despite forking over $1 million in termination pay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Do you guys want a player like this on the team?

According to FOX's Jay Glazer, the Falcons dumped DE Ray Edwards because he refused to join a team gathering following the Week 10 loss to the Saints.

Coach Mike Smith called the players together only to see Edwards ignore his request three separate times, refusing to join in with teammates. Owner Arthur Blank and GM Thomas Dimitroff were in the room at the time, which certainly helped grease the skids for his removal despite forking over $1 million in termination pay

I did not know that about him. That definitely changes my outlook on him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ meh, didn't know about that... don't bother with him then. I'm fine with RJF and Dobbs relieving the starters when they need a rest.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Dobbs inactive due to injury this week? Maybe he's hurt a bit worse than we know. Besides given the amount of minutes Raymac and Justing see I would expect us to rotate someone in for them every now and then if there wasn't a huge dropoff in performance. My guess is that the coaches do see a huge dropoff with either Dobbs or Tuku. It would probably help the team to have a higher quality backup than those two. That report about him in the locker room worries me though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Wasn't Dobbs inactive due to injury this week? Maybe he's hurt a bit worse than we know. Besides given the amount of minutes Raymac and Justing see I would expect us to rotate someone in for them every now and then if there wasn't a huge dropoff in performance. My guess is that the coaches do see a huge dropoff with either Dobbs or Tuku. It would probably help the team to have a higher quality backup than those two. That report about him in the locker room worries me though.

Dobbs was arrested for weed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:

He missed the game because he got arrested on Friday morning for a DUI, and possession of marijuana.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103237/article/san-francisco-49ers-demarcus-dobbs-arrested-on-25th-birthday
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a little light in the butt to be playing on the line. OLB? Or a rush end in the nickle?

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

He missed the game because he got arrested on Friday morning for a DUI, and possession of marijuana.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103237/article/san-francisco-49ers-demarcus-dobbs-arrested-on-25th-birthday
\

Ah. Then maybe we're worried about a suspension.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should give him a chance. Who knows maybe under our coaching staff, he can become a contributer.

-Lork

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: