Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McCain breaks foot, out 6 weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
treece300e wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Kube said we are bringing in a lot of CBs this week to workout

Top FA Cornerbacks

1. Stanford Routt
2. Leigh Bodden
3. Justin King
4. Bryant McFadden
5. Trevard Lindley
6. Andre' Goodman
7. Kelly Jennings
8. Kevin Barnes
9. Kevin Thomas
10. Alphonso Smith
11. Brandon McDonald
12. Jonathan Wade
13. Lito Sheppard
14. Morgan Trent
15. Drew Coleman

Routt seemed to get victimized in KC as a #2, but he may not be too bad in terms of depth. And because he's still got his fat contract from the Chiefs, I believe we could sign him for very cheap, correct?

Other names that stand out to me are Bodden since he played for the Patriots and Alphonso Smith. From what I remember, Smith has off-the-field issues that contributed to his exile from Detroit. He is a playmaker, but in the mold of Asante Samuel which equates to giving up big plays trying to bait QBs and getting burned.

Pancakes just tweeted that we are bringing in Routt for a tryout tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind him since he won't be coming here as a starter, but for depth. Not to mention he is a former UH guy. Very Happy

I'd love to see us give him a chance. I only saw him play in Oak, do you think he could play ST?

I think he could play ST, but I'm not sure it's something he's done in his career. I do know that Oakland is very much a Man Coverage team and he seemed to do decent there, and he obviously has speed if wore Silver and Black. I'd like to think that if he was worth a big contract in the offseason, then he'd be at least good for depth. It does worry me, however, that the Chiefs got rid of him and they aren't exceptionally talented at CB2. Maybe he'd be more determined to play into another contract with a Super Bowl caliber team. It would be nice to see a player underachieve for another team and come here and play well, since it seemed to happen in reverse with Jacoby and Trindon.
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
treece300e wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Kube said we are bringing in a lot of CBs this week to workout

Top FA Cornerbacks

1. Stanford Routt
2. Leigh Bodden
3. Justin King
4. Bryant McFadden
5. Trevard Lindley
6. Andre' Goodman
7. Kelly Jennings
8. Kevin Barnes
9. Kevin Thomas
10. Alphonso Smith
11. Brandon McDonald
12. Jonathan Wade
13. Lito Sheppard
14. Morgan Trent
15. Drew Coleman

Routt seemed to get victimized in KC as a #2, but he may not be too bad in terms of depth. And because he's still got his fat contract from the Chiefs, I believe we could sign him for very cheap, correct?

Other names that stand out to me are Bodden since he played for the Patriots and Alphonso Smith. From what I remember, Smith has off-the-field issues that contributed to his exile from Detroit. He is a playmaker, but in the mold of Asante Samuel which equates to giving up big plays trying to bait QBs and getting burned.

Pancakes just tweeted that we are bringing in Routt for a tryout tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind him since he won't be coming here as a starter, but for depth. Not to mention he is a former UH guy. Very Happy

I'd love to see us give him a chance. I only saw him play in Oak, do you think he could play ST?

I think he could play ST, but I'm not sure it's something he's done in his career. I do know that Oakland is very much a Man Coverage team and he seemed to do decent there, and he obviously has speed if wore Silver and Black. I'd like to think that if he was worth a big contract in the offseason, then he'd be at least good for depth. It does worry me, however, that the Chiefs got rid of him and they aren't exceptionally talented at CB2. Maybe he'd be more determined to play into another contract with a Super Bowl caliber team. It would be nice to see a player underachieve for another team and come here and play well, since it seemed to happen in reverse with Jacoby and Trindon.

I'm not really in favor of the signing, but excelling in man coverage would be a boon for us. Wade has inexplicably transitioned to more of a man scheme this year, which is a move I don't understand. Routt's struggles in KC are probably equal parts his own fault (lack of effort) and scheme incompatibility, as I know that KC uses extensive zone coverage (for awhile was similar to Tampa 2; slightly different under Crennel). This was part of the reason some were skeptical about Brandon Carr's viability outside of KC - Carr and Flowers, while both good, were protected by playing almost exclusively in zone.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to think about is, is he worse than Allan Ball?

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Another thing to think about is, is he worse than Allan Ball?

I can't say with confidence that Ball > Routt. Ball has a leg up in the system, knows what Wade and Vance need out of his CBs...but skill to skill, I'd have to venture that Routt is the better player. Give him 2-3 weeks to acclimate himself to assignments and I can see him as a cheap, late addition to the roster who can be depended on if someone were to go down.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Routt isnt the only guy we're bringing in, also Routt tweeted he has another workout with the Steelers this afternoon after he gets dont with us. The Steelers lost CB Ike Taylor Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain said he'd be out of his walking boot Monday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: