Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh's Kick--How does the team respond?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
carlande


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1411
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Roxy = <3

Carlande = Shame on you


Care to elaborate?

If there's one thing I can't stand it's petty jabbing.


Yet your posts in this are just that.

Irony


I consider petty jabbing a Rolling Eyes to poke at a forum member when they are engaged in an argument with someone else.

If you consider my entire argument to be Rolling Eyes than I can't help you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionFanRoxy


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1034
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Roxy = <3

Carlande = Shame on you


Care to elaborate?

If there's one thing I can't stand it's petty jabbing.
He's just having fun. He loves Roxy. He's a Roxy homer.


I have a homer??? Sweet. <3

Ok, on a similar note... since we're citing polls by anonymous players... I find it far more disturbing that Jim Schwartz is the 4th least liked coach (to play for) in the league. How and the heck are we supposed to attract FAs?

As I've said before, a team takes on the personality of its coach. Perhaps the so-called monsters of motown are creations of Schwartz.

Just specin'. Smile

As for these anonymous polls (and all the anonymous players talking trash about team mates behind their backs)...

Be a MAN and put your name to it. Only a coward hides behind anon. A real man owns his words. I give credit to Schaub for that.

Of course, I also sent him a cup. Xtra small.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25780
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionFanRoxy wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Roxy = <3

Carlande = Shame on you


Care to elaborate?

If there's one thing I can't stand it's petty jabbing.
He's just having fun. He loves Roxy. He's a Roxy homer.


I have a homer??? Sweet. <3

Ok, on a similar note... since we're citing polls by anonymous players... I find it far more disturbing that Jim Schwartz is the 4th least liked coach (to play for) in the league. How and the heck are we supposed to attract FAs?

As I've said before, a team takes on the personality of its coach. Perhaps the so-called monsters of motown are creations of Schwartz.

Just specin'. Smile

As for these anonymous polls (and all the anonymous players talking trash about team mates behind their backs)...

Be a MAN and put your name to it. Only a coward hides behind anon. A real man owns his words. I give credit to Schaub for that.

Of course, I also sent him a cup. Xtra small.


Ouch,

Bazinga. Laughing
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
38andy38


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2932
Location: A BlueQuickSilver Sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@davebirkett: Here's Suh's block on Winston Justice. Looks clean to me. Can't see any celebrating on GameRewind http://t.co/9Rfqp48r

Hilarious, Suh is right in front of Justice and looks like he is approx 2 yds away prior to contact, Winston needs to put his big boy pants on cos this is the NFL
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50239
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
@davebirkett: Here's Suh's block on Winston Justice. Looks clean to me. Can't see any celebrating on GameRewind http://t.co/9Rfqp48r

Hilarious, Suh is right in front of Justice and looks like he is approx 2 yds away prior to contact, Winston needs to put his big boy pants on cos this is the NFL



Players lying about Suh again lol

Roddy now this.

Seems like they at jealous and wish they had his talent
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8639
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
th87 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
I have no way of determining if the kick is intentional or not.

I simply have no idea. The only time it looks like it may be intentional is in slow motion but as mentioned the game is played at real speed.

Having played contact sports for many years I can tell you a player isn't always in control of their limbs and some movements are reflex.

If players had complete control there would be far less sprains, strains and breaks.



It was premeditated according to some lol


I just don't know how a definite conclusion can be drawn.



I'm not even sure how some fan bases can comment so boldly.

He is not killing dogs (Vick), trafficking drugs (Jolly), beating his wife (Gb scrub), involved in murder charges (Lewis), raping charges and paying off other party ( Big Ben), shooting himself (Burress) and list goes on


Jolly was guilty of codeine POSSESSION. You repeating the trafficking story just won't make it true.


He was charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute. 600 grams of codeine in his car certainly wasn't for personal use.

The fact that legal maneuvering and a plea deal to avoid further public expense resulted in guilt of lesser charges doesn't void the truth.


I for one don't miss that goofball for one minute. He wasn't a bad player but he has drug issues big time.

It appears to me Suh has anger management issues that should be addressed. I don't know if I'd be all that thrilled if one of the star players on my team was considered the dirtiest player by his peers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8639
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Suh fined $30,000. Wonder what Bunkley will get fined, if anything, for kicking a guy in the head?


Shocked it wasn't a higher fine. If he was fined for shoving Cutler in the back to the ground I figured he would bet killed with this fine.


I'm shocked and disappointed Bunkley only got $20K. Suh may be been more severely punished because of prior acts. However, Goodell and company surely are not consistent doling out these fines. Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionFanRoxy


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1034
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Suh fined $30,000. Wonder what Bunkley will get fined, if anything, for kicking a guy in the head?


Shocked it wasn't a higher fine. If he was fined for shoving Cutler in the back to the ground I figured he would bet killed with this fine.


I'm shocked and disappointed Bunkley only got $20K. Suh may be been more severely punished because of prior acts. However, Goodell and company surely are not consistent doling out these fines. Confused


Just look at the Jared allen hit. He's also one of the dirtiest players, blindsided a player and ended his season- and got a significantly less fine. Allen also defended the hit saying he thought it was clean.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8639
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
What possible reason could players have to "make up" stories about Suh? Does it make their players uninjured? Sillyness. The guy is very talented but maturity is an obvious issue.




Roddy White was lying and it was proven.

Haters gonna hate

Next


Roddy White is a real piece of work. Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8639
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionFanRoxy wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Suh fined $30,000. Wonder what Bunkley will get fined, if anything, for kicking a guy in the head?


Shocked it wasn't a higher fine. If he was fined for shoving Cutler in the back to the ground I figured he would bet killed with this fine.


I'm shocked and disappointed Bunkley only got $20K. Suh may be been more severely punished because of prior acts. However, Goodell and company surely are not consistent doling out these fines. Confused


Just look at the Jared allen hit. He's also one of the dirtiest players, blindsided a player and ended his season- and got a significantly less fine. Allen also defended the hit saying he thought it was clean.


I have no regard for that blowhard either. Unfortunately for Suh is reputation precedes him and is probably why he gets heavier fines.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18166
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Roxy = <3

Carlande = Shame on you


Care to elaborate?

If there's one thing I can't stand it's petty jabbing.
He's just having fun. He loves Roxy. He's a Roxy homer.


What can I say... the heart knows what it wants.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25780
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
th87 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
I have no way of determining if the kick is intentional or not.

I simply have no idea. The only time it looks like it may be intentional is in slow motion but as mentioned the game is played at real speed.

Having played contact sports for many years I can tell you a player isn't always in control of their limbs and some movements are reflex.

If players had complete control there would be far less sprains, strains and breaks.



It was premeditated according to some lol


I just don't know how a definite conclusion can be drawn.



I'm not even sure how some fan bases can comment so boldly.

He is not killing dogs (Vick), trafficking drugs (Jolly), beating his wife (Gb scrub), involved in murder charges (Lewis), raping charges and paying off other party ( Big Ben), shooting himself (Burress) and list goes on


Jolly was guilty of codeine POSSESSION. You repeating the trafficking story just won't make it true.


He was charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute. 600 grams of codeine in his car certainly wasn't for personal use.

The fact that legal maneuvering and a plea deal to avoid further public expense resulted in guilt of lesser charges doesn't void the truth.


I for one don't miss that goofball for one minute. He wasn't a bad player but he has drug issues big time.

It appears to me Suh has anger management issues that should be addressed. I don't know if I'd be all that thrilled if one of the star players on my team was considered the dirtiest player by his peers.


You might be right but I think it may be simpler than that. Suh is paid to be aggressive which he is. I was shocked Suh got a penalty for shoving Cutler and even more so that there was a fine.

He was guilty of the stomp and lost his cool. It isn't an excuse but the Packers were untying his shoes in the pile. Young aggressive player gets frustrated and snaps.

I also don't care about the poll results because the poll only revealed Suh as the dirtiest player which means nothing to me unless more information is provided such as,

1. What was the specific question?
2. Was the answer multiple choice or did players have to write in a name.
3. What positions did the poll respondents play?
4. Have all the poll respondents played against Suh?

I think you probably understand my frustrations with these polls that don't release information. We have no idea if those polled have even played against Suh much less faced him across the line of scrimmage.

From my perspective the NFL, certain players and fans simply use any opportunity to accuse Suh of misdeeds yet seldom is there evidence to support the accusations. His only real transgression was the Stomp. He paid the price.

I also don't understand how a player who has only been penalized once this year, for encroachment could possibly be considered the dirtiest player in the league. It simply doesn't make sense.

I've heard the argument that plenty of stuff goes on in the pile and I agree with that. Except it isn't Suh in isolation. I challenge anyone to record a Lions game and then watch exclusively focusing on Suh. On almost every play there are illehpgal plays made against him but because its Suh the refs keep whistles in their pocket. Having watched the relentless holding, hands in his grill, face mask infractions I'm shocked that he has found the resolve to refrain from retaliating.

Even a number of his alleged traffic violations have proven to be much less than initially advertised. He was accused of hit and run and all the fans jumped all over him. Turns out it was Suh that reported the accident and told the police exactly where he was. No charges were filed. His latest charges were last week. Immediately following the media reports of his alleged infractions the police chief announced he would be reviewing the cruiser video because the investigating officer has a history of being over zealous and he wanted to ensure the tickets were legitimate.

Last year Roddy White accused Suh and Avril of taunting. The allegations were shown to be false. Again, this week, more allegations. The NFL investigates and can't find evidence.

A pretty clear pattern is emerging and that pattern suggests, to me, there are a number of NFL players that lack integrity and will make false accusations to serve their purposes.

At the same time we never hear of Suh complaining to the media about the fouls committed against him. He doesn't turn to the media complaining about being taunted.

Sorry about the post length I'm simply tired of players attacking Suh's character based on groundless accusations. Personally I think these false accusations hurt the games integrity and those making them should face a suspension.

It also disturbs me that a number of these players act this way. They're grown men but they behave like grade school boys. Awe gee mr. Reporter that big boy called me a name!

Those guys should get a suspension for being pansies. Laughing
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25780
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
carlande wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Roxy = <3

Carlande = Shame on you


Care to elaborate?

If there's one thing I can't stand it's petty jabbing.
He's just having fun. He loves Roxy. He's a Roxy homer.


What can I say... the heart knows what it wants.


Back off junior. I quoted her first. Cool
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carlande


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1411
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
th87 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
I have no way of determining if the kick is intentional or not.

I simply have no idea. The only time it looks like it may be intentional is in slow motion but as mentioned the game is played at real speed.

Having played contact sports for many years I can tell you a player isn't always in control of their limbs and some movements are reflex.

If players had complete control there would be far less sprains, strains and breaks.



It was premeditated according to some lol


I just don't know how a definite conclusion can be drawn.



I'm not even sure how some fan bases can comment so boldly.

He is not killing dogs (Vick), trafficking drugs (Jolly), beating his wife (Gb scrub), involved in murder charges (Lewis), raping charges and paying off other party ( Big Ben), shooting himself (Burress) and list goes on


Jolly was guilty of codeine POSSESSION. You repeating the trafficking story just won't make it true.


He was charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute. 600 grams of codeine in his car certainly wasn't for personal use.

The fact that legal maneuvering and a plea deal to avoid further public expense resulted in guilt of lesser charges doesn't void the truth.


I for one don't miss that goofball for one minute. He wasn't a bad player but he has drug issues big time.

It appears to me Suh has anger management issues that should be addressed. I don't know if I'd be all that thrilled if one of the star players on my team was considered the dirtiest player by his peers.


You might be right but I think it may be simpler than that. Suh is paid to be aggressive which he is. I was shocked Suh got a penalty for shoving Cutler and even more so that there was a fine.

He was guilty of the stomp and lost his cool. It isn't an excuse but the Packers were untying his shoes in the pile. Young aggressive player gets frustrated and snaps.

I also don't care about the poll results because the poll only revealed Suh as the dirtiest player which means nothing to me unless more information is provided such as,

1. What was the specific question?
2. Was the answer multiple choice or did players have to write in a name.
3. What positions did the poll respondents play?
4. Have all the poll respondents played against Suh?

I think you probably understand my frustrations with these polls that don't release information. We have no idea if those polled have even played against Suh much less faced him across the line of scrimmage.

From my perspective the NFL, certain players and fans simply use any opportunity to accuse Suh of misdeeds yet seldom is there evidence to support the accusations. His only real transgression was the Stomp. He paid the price.

I also don't understand how a player who has only been penalized once this year, for encroachment could possibly be considered the dirtiest player in the league. It simply doesn't make sense.

I've heard the argument that plenty of stuff goes on in the pile and I agree with that. Except it isn't Suh in isolation. I challenge anyone to record a Lions game and then watch exclusively focusing on Suh. On almost every play there are illehpgal plays made against him but because its Suh the refs keep whistles in their pocket. Having watched the relentless holding, hands in his grill, face mask infractions I'm shocked that he has found the resolve to refrain from retaliating.

Even a number of his alleged traffic violations have proven to be much less than initially advertised. He was accused of hit and run and all the fans jumped all over him. Turns out it was Suh that reported the accident and told the police exactly where he was. No charges were filed. His latest charges were last week. Immediately following the media reports of his alleged infractions the police chief announced he would be reviewing the cruiser video because the investigating officer has a history of being over zealous and he wanted to ensure the tickets were legitimate.

Last year Roddy White accused Suh and Avril of taunting. The allegations were shown to be false. Again, this week, more allegations. The NFL investigates and can't find evidence.

A pretty clear pattern is emerging and that pattern suggests, to me, there are a number of NFL players that lack integrity and will make false accusations to serve their purposes.

At the same time we never hear of Suh complaining to the media about the fouls committed against him. He doesn't turn to the media complaining about being taunted.

Sorry about the post length I'm simply tired of players attacking Suh's character based on groundless accusations. Personally I think these false accusations hurt the games integrity and those making them should face a suspension.

It also disturbs me that a number of these players act this way. They're grown men but they behave like grade school boys. Awe gee mr. Reporter that big boy called me a name!

Those guys should get a suspension for being pansies. Laughing


Alright Diehard I get it. I agree full disclosure of specifics in the poll would be nice. I agree that Suh may be a target as a result of the perception. However your concerns don't eliminate the perception. Unfortunately Suh has to deal with it and as a fan one has to accept his PERCEPTION (not your personal view) as a dirty player.

That being said, I've seen the photo of that play that's being used as evidence that Suh made a legal play on Justice. That appears to be the case, however McGlynn's beef wasn't about the actual play, rather the taunting. I've seen posters here claiming there was not taunting and that McGlynn was a liar. I can easily turn that around on you guys and say where's the evidence that proves there was no taunting? I haven't seen it. Just because the league couldn't find anything conclusive doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm not saying it did happen, so DON"T GO THERE. I refuse to argue my beliefs and stances on the incidents because it has nothing to do with what I think or what you or specifically Roxy fan jumped all over me for thinking.

....

Guys calling Roddy and McGlynn a liar never heard what went on ON the field. So go ahead and substantiate your claim guys. Please prove me wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8609
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
Alright Diehard I get it. I agree full disclosure of specifics in the poll would be nice. I agree that Suh may be a target as a result of the perception. However your concerns don't eliminate the perception. Unfortunately Suh has to deal with it and as a fan one has to accept his PERCEPTION (not your personal view) as a dirty player.

That being said, I've seen the photo of that play that's being used as evidence that Suh made a legal play on Justice. That appears to be the case, however McGlynn's beef wasn't about the actual play, rather the taunting. I've seen posters here claiming there was not taunting and that McGlynn was a liar. I can easily turn that around on you guys and say where's the evidence that proves there was no taunting? I haven't seen it. Just because the league couldn't find anything conclusive doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm not saying it did happen, so DON"T GO THERE. I refuse to argue my beliefs and stances on the incidents because it has nothing to do with what I think or what you or specifically Roxy fan jumped all over me for thinking.

....

Guys calling Roddy and McGlynn a liar never heard what went on ON the field. So go ahead and substantiate your claim guys. Please prove me wrong.


Once again I would hate to live in the world you seem to wish we lived in where people have to prove innocence instead of the other way around. The NFL has a target on Suh. One that we can clearly see because of the fines Suh has received for legal plays such as the Cutler shove and the Barber tackle. The fact that the NFL has cleared Suh of any wrong doing in this instance gives more than just reasonable suspicion that the Colt's offensive player was lying or misconstrued whatever Suh actually said or did.

I have called Roddy a liar over and over because it WAS proven that he lied. He said Suh kicked Ryan's feet when he was injured on the ground and the tape proves that never happened.

But go ahead, be the blind sheep following the flock of haters. One thing for sure is you will never be lonely in that regard.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group