Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 Cowboys/Eagles PostGame Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 2 - the next year changes:

Redballs first year changes (Before - After - 3rd year):

Romo - Romo - Romo
Barber - Jones - Murray
Austin - Austin - Bryant
Williams - Bryant - Austin
Witten - Witten - Witten
Free - Free - Smith
Kosier - Kosier - Livings
Gurode - Costa - Costa
Davis - Nagy/Holland - M.B.
Colombo - Smith - Free

Spears - Coleman - Spears
Ratliff - Ratliff - Ratliff
Olgoshansky - Hatcher - Hatcher
Spencer - Spencer - Spencer
James - James - Carter
Brooking - Lee - Lee
Ware - Ware - Ware
Newman - Newman - Carr
Jenkins - Jenkins - ClaiMaker
Ball - Elam - Church
Sensabaugh - Sensabaugh - Sensy
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
hmm. guess i am wrong. I just looked it up and there was more turn over than I thought. Some of it was just natural progression (Addai to Brown). But it looks like there are another ~6-7 starters than changed as well. I guess the fact that Wayne/Freeny/Mathis stayed influenced my thought process.

I still contend that we did a similiar purge (minus the GM, obviously).

Redballs first year changes (Before - After):

Romo - Romo
Barber - Jones
Austin - Austin
Williams - Bryant
Witten - Witten
Free - Free
Kosier - Kosier
Gurode - Costa
Davis - Nagy/Holland
Colombo - Smith

Spears - Coleman

Ratliff - Ratliff
Olgoshansky - Hatcher
Spencer - Spencer
James - James
Brooking - Lee
Ware - Ware
Newman - Newman
Jenkins - Jenkins
Ball - Elam
Sensabaugh - Sensabaugh

So that it 9 starters changed in year 1...

How many of the changes came with guys that were already on the roster for the Cowboys?

Indy is starting with alot of Free agents and Rookies in which this is their 1st year in Indy.

I think that is what Rtnldave was talking about for the Colts, but dont really understand why you are arguing over something so irrelevent any way.

But why am I posting a response to it? Gotta do something to make it through til MNF.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
hmm. guess i am wrong. I just looked it up and there was more turn over than I thought. Some of it was just natural progression (Addai to Brown). But it looks like there are another ~6-7 starters than changed as well. I guess the fact that Wayne/Freeny/Mathis stayed influenced my thought process.

Romo - Romo
Barber - Jones
Austin - Austin
Williams - Bryant
Witten - Witten
Free - Free
Kosier - Kosier
Gurode - Costa
Davis - Nagy/Holland
Colombo - Smith

Spears - Coleman

Ratliff - Ratliff
Olgoshansky - Hatcher
Spencer - Spencer
James - James
Brooking - Lee
Ware - Ware
Newman - Newman
Jenkins - Jenkins
Ball - Elam
Sensabaugh - Sensabaugh

How many of the changes came with guys that were already on the roster for the Cowboys?

Indy is starting with alot of Free agents and Rookies in which this is their 1st year in Indy.

I think that is what Rtnldave was talking about for the Colts, but dont really understand why you are arguing over something so irrelevent any way.

But why am I posting a response to it? Gotta do something to make it through til MNF.

Ive notice that you have selective reading quite often. I will pull this part since you missed it:

Quote:
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the point to list all the turn over the Cowboys had in 2010 then? It seemed to me that you were trying to prove that you were right, but could be wrong in your intent.

Yes, I have selective reading because I don't consider posts on here as great literature. Just random thoughts by fellow Cowboy fans to get a different perspective on game, team or the season.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts - hard to predict the future, but you've got to admit there are a lot of "meh" changes, right? I'd agree they look pretty good on paper, but lot of emptiness too.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Romo - Romo
Barber - Jones
Austin - Austin
Williams - Bryant
Witten - Witten
Free - Free
Kosier - Kosier
Gurode - Costa
Davis - Nagy/Holland
Colombo - Smith

Spears - Coleman

Ratliff - Ratliff
Olgoshansky - Hatcher
Spencer - Spencer
James - James
Brooking - Lee
Ware - Ware
Newman - Newman
Jenkins - Jenkins
Ball - Elam
Sensabaugh - Sensabaugh

I do so appreciate your support in this carbuncle, but there is, in my opinion, a significant amount of relevency to this argument.

There is 1 very simple and undeniable fact here. This team is either going to fix their O line and D line problems like yesterday or the will have little option but to blow it up.

The age gaps between the aforementioned players not withstanding, the Redskins already have begun their climb back to the top of the NFC East. They got rid of the stop gag QB's, the stop gag RB's and began to construct an O line and Dline that has proven eefective.

The Iggles are about 4 weeks away from beginning that process. But when they do, they will begin their climb back to contention.

The NYG have already won 2 superbowls, including the most recent, so they are content with what they have, as they should be.

The Cowboys are in No Man's Land right now. They have aging vets that will soon be passed their primes and a talented youth movement that cannot seem to stay healthy. By the time we can keep all of these players on the field for an entire year AND fix the Line problems on both sides of the ball, our vets will be worth sheet on the field and trade value wise.

In the meantime the Redskins and Iggles will already have reached playoff contention levels and we will be back to looking for a QB, TE, DE, another RB, OLB's, etc.

We need to make our move in the next 2 years for a serious championship run OR blow it up now.And by make a serious championship run I mean, start drafting and signing FA's that will do the job in the trenches which will keep your outer perimeter players healthy for more than 4 weeks and kepp your QB from running for his life.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when someone stops to gag. Completely kills the mood.

Each and every year we have gotten younger. Each and every year we have cut dead weight. Each and every year we have added a dynamic individual to be a building block to the future. There is still work to be done, though.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
3. Plan9, I admit that we bought some nachos and 2 drinks. In that sense, I guess I did contribute to Jerry (I even parked in non cowboys owned parking). However, they handed out Cowboys window flags to all the fans after the game. I got 2 of then for free. I fully intend on selling them on EBay to recoup the $20 bucks I spent at the stadium.

You are a good man, Slam. Clearly one of high morals and character; one of the finest representatives of the DCRA.

For funny reading, try this article. It's from a Philly beat writer on last night's game.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20121203_Marcus_Hayes__COWBOYS_ARE_JUST_A-PATHETIC.html

I bet if records were reversed and Philly won, he would be writing how the Eagles can still win the East and how the New QB and RB will lead the way!! Whatever it takes to sell papers

Of course he would. That's why I said it was funny reading. Beat writers - especially those talking about rival teams - sensationalize everything.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Each and every year we have gotten younger. Each and every year we have cut dead weight. Each and every year we have added a dynamic individual to be a building block to the future. There is still work to be done, though.

Ok, just my opinion but remember this post in a year or 2. I will be happy to remind you all.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Ok, just my opinion but remember this post in a year or 2. I will be happy to remind you all.

I am confused. What part of my comment did you disagree with?

That we have gotten younger? Um. Without question we have. I encourage you to look at t he roster pre- and the roster now. I had a post several months back that highlighted this. I am not going to dig it up for you.

That we haven't cut dead weight? What do you consider AG? Elam? And the like. We have. Again.

That we haven't added a building block? I am not going to list you the series of players, I just have one for you - Cole. Laughing

That their is still work to be done? I think everyone agrees with this.

Or do you disagree with gaging being a mood killer.

But feel free to remind me in 2 years. Sig quote it for all I care.

In Redball I Trust!
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I was at the game (which was awesome btw, crowd was great!), it was hard for me to keep a keen eye on Kyle Wilber. What did those of you who watched on TV think? Did he get a ton of opportunities? I'm anxious to see what this kid turns into.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Since I was at the game (which was awesome btw, crowd was great!), it was hard for me to keep a keen eye on Kyle Wilber. What did those of you who watched on TV think? Did he get a ton of opportunities? I'm anxious to see what this kid turns into.

Mis-read some assignments. Overall unspectacular. Rookie be rookie.

In Redball I Trust!
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilber seemed caught out of position quite a bit, which is not surprising as he was, well, playing out of position.

I have high hopes for the kid and think he's going to be a solid role-player at minimum, but he was largely invisible Sunday.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I am confused. What part of my comment did you disagree with?

That we have gotten younger? Um. Without question we have. I encourage you to look at t he roster pre- and the roster now. I had a post several months back that highlighted this. I am not going to dig it up for you.

That we haven't cut dead weight? What do you consider AG? Elam? And the like. We have. Again.

That we haven't added a building block? I am not going to list you the series of players, I just have one for you - Cole. Laughing

That their is still work to be done? I think everyone agrees with this.

Or do you disagree with gaging being a mood killer.

But feel free to remind me in 2 years. Sig quote it for all I care.

I do not disagree that we have added youth. We just haven't added it to the areas of the team that will garner the most out of the talent that we have.

But that is only half of my point. My point is that no matter how much "dead weight" we cut, this team is still a 500 team. Other teams in the division have already won championships or have already retooled and are on the rise (Redskins) or are about to do so (Iggles). Meanwhile, we are stuck in mediocrity with another 500 season looming.
Our star players are only going to be a year older and with no indication that we are going to address our biggest problems a lot this offseason, they will be a 500 team for another 2 or 3 years. By then what do you think Witten will have left? How about Romo, if he survives that long with our Ah-hem, O line.
How many more season do you think Ware will go uninjured? He has been fortunate thus far.

So go ahead, list all of the newbies you can think of. And I will show you a bunch of "great" players on IR.

And while this team is trying to milk another season or 2 out of Romo, Ware or Witten in a few years, you will be watching the Skins and Iggles battling for division.

But I will remember to remind you, rest assured.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
I do not disagree that we have added youth. We just haven't added it to the areas of the team that will garner the most out of the talent that we have.

But that is only half of my point. My point is that no matter how much "dead weight" we cut, this team is still a 500 team. Other teams in the division have already won championships or have already retooled and are on the rise (Redskins) or are about to do so (Iggles). Meanwhile, we are stuck in mediocrity with another 500 season looming.
Our star players are only going to be a year older and with no indication that we are going to address our biggest problems a lot this offseason, they will be a 500 team for another 2 or 3 years. By then what do you think Witten will have left? How about Romo, if he survives that long with our Ah-hem, O line.
How many more season do you think Ware will go uninjured? He has been fortunate thus far.

So go ahead, list all of the newbies you can think of. And I will show you a bunch of "great" players on IR.

And while this team is trying to milk another season or 2 out of Romo, Ware or Witten in a few years, you will be watching the Skins and Iggles battling for division.

But I will remember to remind you, rest assured.

So. To be clear. You actually agree with me, but you are unsatisfied with the lack of immediate success. And to help buy into your theory, you cite something that hasn't happened (the eagles) and at the same turn assume the Cowboys will be stuck in neutral. That makes no sense.

But you are more than encourage to remind me in two years that you agree with me.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: