Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Laurenitas needs to be a SLB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
stlblackshirt wrote:
Dave McGinnis said earlier this year that James is the ideal MLB for this system. He's going to be fine.

he is, But people have forgotten his 3 years and only seem to recall this year..

No doubt but even with his "dip" in play, he's still a top 10 MLB in the NFL. I think he might be banged up a little. He's been involved in a lot of hits this year.
nodefense

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess time will tell.....but right now he's way overrated, IMO. !
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodefense wrote:
I guess time will tell.....but right now he's way overrated, IMO. !

Overrated? By whom? Perhaps some of us overrate him but not the general football public, hes never even brought up in conversation on espn or anything.

Relax son, he isnt having his best year. But while you defend Bradford for being part of a new system, its the same thing for JL. And as far as missing tackles... Even Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher and Patrick Willis misses tackles...
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
Who's Laurenitas?

I have no idea

jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
stlblackshirt wrote:
Dave McGinnis said earlier this year that James is the ideal MLB for this system. He's going to be fine.

he is, But people have forgotten his 3 years and only seem to recall this year..

I remember his 3 years and have always given him the credit he deserves. This year, however, he's been mediocre. For example, on what I believe was Gore's first big run(for like 12 to 16 yards), JLD takes on a blocker in the hole and Laurinaitis ran right on by the hole straight into a block to spring Gore.

I don't know what he was doing. He just kind of jumped out of the hole into a block. It was stupid.

And he's had some bad missed tackles this year in crucial times. The guy has never been good at taking on blockers but he's always made up for it with his instincts, ability to shoot gaps, sift through traffic, plug holes and reliable tackling. This year, he's seen a regression in all of those things.

Maybe it's getting used to a new system? Still, I don't like it.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody has bad games, Willis wasn't getting off blocks and missed a tackle on Jackson I believe.

It is his first year in a new system and he is playing with a bunch new teammates.

Everything always so negative. Sam throws a pick we need to draft a QB, a LB misses a tackle he needs to change positions.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone notice how big of a head Dunbar has Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, JL is 3rd in the league in tackles. Stop this nonsense right now...
MISTA314

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you know i have to chime in on this topic! I agree 100% that JL is not your ideal MLB. I on the other hand agree with jrry that he would be much better suited at the WILL rather than the SAM. As i have been saying for years now, JL just isn't physical enough IMO to hold the MIKE down. As everyone has already said, he's horrible at shedding blocks, he doesn't attack the line of scrimmage, all in all he just doesn't have the mentality to be the head banger that you need in the middle.

Now if we were to move him outside to the Will he would be able to utilize all the things he does well; chase down tackling, keeping his body clean from blockers, blitzing off the edge, etc. And I agree with whoever said he too valiable a leader, but who say that because he moves to the outside he can't still be a leader. Anyone remember Derrick Brooks Wink
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand where all the negativity for Laurinaitis at MLB is coming from. Are we tired talking about replacing Dahl and Mikell and need something else to talk about?

Is he Butkus? No, but there aren't many of those type of players. What he is, is a 26 year old MLB that is still improving.

This is his first year in a new system and he has a ton of new teammates on defense and he is still playing good. For the first time in his career, we have a competent OLB next to him that will make plays too. Or is that since he got paid we should criticize him because a certain game, and not say anything another week when he plays good and vote for him in the GDT.

I am [inappropriate/removed] sick of these retarded topics.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/05/three-years-of-tacklnig-efficiency-linebackers/
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I don't understand where all the negativity for Laurinaitis at MLB is coming from. Are we tired talking about replacing Dahl and Mikell and need something else to talk about?

Is he Butkus? No, but there aren't many of those type of players. What he is, is a 26 year old MLB that is still improving.

This is his first year in a new system and he has a ton of new teammates on defense and he is still playing good. For the first time in his career, we have a competent OLB next to him that will make plays too. Or is that since he got paid we should criticize him because a certain game, and not say anything another week when he plays good and vote for him in the GDT.

I am [inappropriate/removed] sick of these retarded topics.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/05/three-years-of-tacklnig-efficiency-linebackers/

Applause

BTW, get used to the asanine topics, they pop-up here and there. Just have to sift through them with caution...

IDOG_det on the sig...
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurinaitis should stay in the middle. Doesn't he make all the defensive calls and shifts at the line. Maybe it's just me but when I watch the Rams it looks like he directs everything.

Also as an SLB he'll have to take on blocks which he struggles with at times. Leave him in the middle and let him set up the defense so everyone's in positions it's what he does best.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
nodefense

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Laurinaitis should stay in the middle. Doesn't he make all the defensive calls and shifts at the line. Maybe it's just me but when I watch the Rams it looks like he directs everything.

Also as an SLB he'll have to take on blocks which he struggles with at times. Leave him in the middle and let him set up the defense so everyone's in positions it's what he does best.

ESPN radio was discussing wether the Rams should draft Teo ad what to do with Laurenaitis. All the said was that the SLB comes out when the offense goes to three Wr's.

I have been watching him all season and he just does'nt seem to be a great fit at MLB. He seems better in space. Obviously they see something in him but i did'nt understand the big contract for a guy who does'nt seem to be a great fit at that position.

I don't care about the tackle numbers. Alot of times he's the 2nd or 3rd guy in on a tackle, yet may get credit for it.

It's not that he's not a good football player. I just don't see him as a good fit at that position, and was thinking about the new contract he just signed.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodefense wrote:
ESPN radio was discussing wether the Rams should draft Teo ad what to do with Laurenaitis.

That is the main problem right there...

IDOG_det on the sig...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodefense wrote:
I have been watching him all season and he just does'nt seem to be a great fit at MLB. He seems better in space. Obviously they see something in him but i did'nt understand the big contract for a guy who does'nt seem to be a great fit at that position.

I don't care about the tackle numbers. Alot of times he's the 2nd or 3rd guy in on a tackle, yet may get credit for it.

It's not that he's not a good football player. I just don't see him as a good fit at that position, and was thinking about the new contract he just signed.
The guy has been credited for 95 SOLO tackles. Now I am well aware that sometimes those get skewed and are hard to determine, but its not by alot, maybe 1 per game at most. He has been all over the field. He is the perfect schematic fit for this defense. he is the brains, and if you would watch him pre snap its pretty obvious he gets everyone where they are supposed to be and is playing off the QB making defensive audibles all the time.

Ive said it many times this year, his first responsibility in this defense, they way it is now (with the bad safety play) is to play coverage over the middle. He is covering RBs and TEs all the time. This defense is Top 10 (best) in TE production against this year. And most of that is due to Laurinaitis covering guys down the field. In 12 games there are only 3 TEs who had good games. Gronk tore us appart but he does that to just about everyone. Pettigrew had a good game in week 1, but didnt kill us, and Housler had a nice game 2 weeks ago with most of it coming off one play against Courtland in Zone.

His role is different than we are used to, and he is playing that role very well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: