Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Lions Big Board - 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Chance Warmack is godly in the interior, and is right at the top of my most-wanted list......challenge me if you dare.

Yup, he is a day one difference maker. I wouldn't mind if the could get Jones either.
He and Barrett Jones are really putting on a clinic against Georgia.
Add Lacy to the list.
No.
Why not?
Because our RB's are too similar, and we don't have the interior blocking he's been afforded with Warmack and Jones dominating in college.
Our RB's are slower and are just bruisers. Lacy is a bruiser and a Best style back. He's quick, fast, has good vision (one reason he gets those gaping holes is that he finds them, they arent always where the play specifies it will be). He'll probably run a 4.5, maybe faster. He's not just runnng behind that line, he's running through the 2nd level, around the 2nd level. He's great in space and in traffic.
All could be said about Leshoure, it's just that he's lost some of his speed since the achilles injury. Leshoure has made a ton of plays for us because of his vision, and elusiveness.

You've gotta take into account the impact a player will provide for your team, and IMO Lacy's would be negligible with respect to Leshoure and Bell. Not worth a 2nd round pick for our team.
If we went Jones/Warmack in the 1st and took Lacy in the 2nd, would that be a bad thing in your opinion? Lacy is a playmaker. He has home run ability while still being able to do the dirty work. I think, even with sharing reps with Leshoure he'd still have a big impact. Do I think he'd be the best pick possible? No, I want a good DE from our 2nd rounder, but Lacy would still be provide a positive impact IMO.
It's just more of the same IMO. That's not how you build a team. Hell, not only do we need a DE, we have nothing at safety and there are about 4-5 safeties worthy of being drafted in the top 64 picks. How about adding to our CB's??? What about more than one interior OL???

No. I don't wanna see more of the same. Yes, Lacy is a good player. He's Leshoure coming out of Illinois. But we've already got a pretty good duo of backs that bring what he brings, we need one that has that change of pace ability, and we'd still need it if we drafted Lacy.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy is a change in pace back.

I agree that it wouldn't be the best pick. But sometimes the best pick isn't an available one. I've stated before that my dream draft is Johnthan Banks in the 1st, Carradine in the 2nd, and trading up to get Rambo (even though he didn't do too well against Bama today) and that is my "realistic dream draft" meaning that is probable area for those players to land. Of course I'd love to get the Bama line with our first 3 picks, but that won't happen.

I disagree with your assessment of Lacy, and I'd love to add him to the team. What leads you to believe Lacy cannot be a change in pace back?

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I disagree with your assessment of Lacy, and I'd love to add him to the team. What leads you to believe Lacy cannot be a change in pace back?
You said it yourself, he'll probably run a 4.5, and I think that's his max. Best ran 4.3, he's just a different talent than Lacy.

Mikel Leshoure ran a 4.5, that's more of Lacy's equivalent. Both ran with power in college, to compliment their elusiveness.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
You said it yourself, he'll probably run a 4.5, and I think that's his max. Best ran 4.3, he's just a different talent than Lacy.

Mikel Leshoure ran a 4.5, that's more of Lacy's equivalent. Both ran with power in college, to compliment their elusiveness.
Leshoure ran a 4.56. Lacy was listed as 4.4 as a HS recruit but those numbers aren't always true. After going through a college career, I'd think he'd get faster but he put on 10 pounds. He'll probably try to add more weight for the combine, which is why I think he runs a 4.5 at the combine. But, in game, he's out running safeties and some corners. He could easily be labeled a change in pace guy if he tries to show speed at the combine.

CWood21 wrote:

R.I.P. Stylish
1King

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, wait, wait, did someone just say that Lacy was a "Best style back"

Question

No, just no.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:

Question

No, just no.
Yeah, that's got me dazed and confused
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:

Question

No, just no.
That's out of context, so not 100% a Best style back the way it seems in this context.

CWood21 wrote:

R.I.P. Stylish
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnathan Franklin will be our new Jhavid Best in the 3rd round. Very Happy
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usedaschwartz wrote:
I think he can be pretty good. Just seems a tad bit slow for his size (still fast, but I'd want him to be faster).

CWood21 wrote:

R.I.P. Stylish
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
usedaschwartz wrote:
I think he can be pretty good. Just seems a tad bit slow for his size (still fast, but I'd want him to be faster).

I'll wait on the 40 time. He looks a lot faster than his listed 4.5.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Early Lions Big Board - 2013 Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:
With the college regular season over, figure this is good time to start making a big board for the Lions. Please note that this is the big board for the Lions which I adjust slightly from who I think are the best overall players (for example, QBs NTs will not be as high here verses if I was making this for the Kansas City Chiefs). I only made it up to 15 because I figure the Lions will pick in the top 15, or atl east one of these players will be available whenever the Lions draft

1 - Jarvis Jones - OLB/DE Georgia
2 - Demontre Moore - DE A&M
3 - Manti Te'o - LB Notre Dame
- I was between he and Mingo but I rather have a true product and a leader than a guy with potential
4 - Barevious Mingo OLB/DE
5 - Dee Milliner - CB Aabama
- wow it would be nice to get this guy!
6 - Luke Joeckel - OT A&M
7 - Chance Warmack - G Alabama
- Ive been craving a big time interior OL for years!!!
8 - Bjoern Werner - DE Florida St
9 - Sam Montgomery - DE LSU
10 - Star Lotulelei - DE Utah
- Hey, if he falls to us, why not?
11 - Taylor Lewan - OT Michigan
12 - Xavier Rhodes - CB Florida St
13 - Jonathan Banks - CB Miss St
14 - Tyler Eifert - TE Notre Dame
- TE isnt out of the question. Pettigrew has been disappointing and Eifert is the most fluid reciever I've seen from a college TE
15 - Barret Jones - C/G Alabama

Of this list I like Lewan, Milliner, Teo and Banks most

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: