Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

O-Line, Go Big or Go Home.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abdi7451

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: O-Line, Go Big or Go Home. Reply with quote

Do or Die time now, O-Line. This is it. Will you be able to protect Jay Cutler from this intimidating Seahawks pass rush?

Question: Is it that our O-Line is just untalented or uncoordinated?

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums man!
Mike Tice seemed to have figured a lot out as far as play calling is concerned last week against Minnesota. He started helping out our OT's by having TE's/RBs chip, we brought in an extra lineman during 3rd and 1 situations. I really have a feeling Carimi is going to excel inside at Guard where he doesnt have to block a DE in space. I think this is going to be the breakout game for Jay Cutler this season, I am just as confident this week as I was last week against Minnesota.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
abdi7451

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Mike Tice seemed to have figured a lot out as far as play calling is concerned last week against Minnesota. He started helping out our OT's by having TE's/RBs chip, we brought in an extra lineman during 3rd and 1 situations. I really have a feeling Carimi is going to excel inside at Guard where he doesnt have to block a DE in space. I think this is going to be the breakout game for Jay Cutler this season, I am just as confident this week as I was last week against Minnesota.

Thanks! Look forward to contributing to this forum! On the topic of Carimi, I'm not quite sure about him. He just hasn't looked ready all season. With Jay Cutler, the mans our center piece on offense. Without him our offense just doesn't flow. Proof: That 49ers game 2 weeks ago. Which is why this line has to put their utmost effort into blocking for him. Seahawks have to great DE's in Irvin and Clemons. Bobby Wagner is also great. Our line needs to come prepared.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly untalented.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abdi7451 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Thanks! Look forward to contributing to this forum! On the topic of Carimi, I'm not quite sure about him. He just hasn't looked ready all season. With Jay Cutler, the mans our center piece on offense. Without him our offense just doesn't flow. Proof: That 49ers game 2 weeks ago. Which is why this line has to put their utmost effort into blocking for him. Seahawks have to great DE's in Irvin and Clemons. Bobby Wagner is also great. Our line needs to come prepared.

Your right, Carimi seemed a little overconfident to start the season, once he got benched I think it really sent him a strong message. Last week was CLEARLY his best game blocking, even if it was in a situational role. I agree completely without him our offense is in shambles, the only proof anybody needs is 1-5 last season, 0-2 this season with him out of the lineup. Seattle is one of those teams that plays lights out at home, they are unquestionably a different team on the road. This defense reeks of Russell Wilsons WORST nightmare, don't get caughtup in the whole Kaep was a rookie and beat our defense thing. That offense is so hit or miss, I can't see them finding ANY success running against our front 7, which is the only way Wilson finds open targets downfield. Irvin, Clemons, Wagner are great young pieces to that defense, but we have faced much, much better this season. I have Chicago winning 24-7.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abdi7451 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

The line is not experienced in working together and we have been flipping players around like flapjacks. So we need to set a lineup and let it play together for a year before we even know what we have or need. Young players are inconsistent and that also compounds the problem. And putting in a new offense with new parts does not make the line play any easier or better either.

However, our line has been playing well of late except for the SF game and I am very impressed by its adjustment due to LL's injury. Sunday's game was one of the best it has played all year. I saw Webb flattening people and good protection. I also saw something rare, the opponents dline getting roadgraded into a big pile. Beautiful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: