Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 UP 5 DOWN
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Also I almost forgot, right after the game, this broad writer for espn, Ashley Fox. She's pretty but man she sound dumber and dumber everytime she wrote about the ravens. I don't really get the love? She made it seem like ravens could have scored 40 pts on us?! Seriously, just be professional and admit that ravens got outplayed by our 3rd string!

What goes around comes around. We Steelers fans say that we gift wrapped a game when we lose to a "lesser" team. We don't give that team credit often enough (or enough credit in general). Do you really expect many people to give the Steelers credit for this win, or did the Ravens hand it to us on a platter?

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a one-time article, I wouldn't have cared. This is something she wrote.. EVERY TIME.

Giving ravens excuses when they lost, giving them more props when they win. Come on.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:
Also I almost forgot, right after the game, this broad writer for espn, Ashley Fox. She's pretty but man she sound dumber and dumber everytime she wrote about the ravens. I don't really get the love? She made it seem like ravens could have scored 40 pts on us?! Seriously, just be professional and admit that ravens got outplayed by our 3rd string!

What goes around comes around. We Steelers fans say that we gift wrapped a game when we lose to a "lesser" team. We don't give that team credit often enough (or enough credit in general). Do you really expect many people to give the Steelers credit for this win, or did the Ravens hand it to us on a platter?

There is a big difference between the example you named and what Gatordus is talking about.

When we lose to teams like the Oakland and Tennessee, we all know for a fact who the better overall team is. We may not be the better team on a given day, but we are still the better team. Look at history and look at records. The Steelers just have a habit of playing down to competition.

In this case....the Steelers and Ravens are evenly matched, and the games are always close, whether Dennis Dixon, Byron Leftwich or Charlie Batch are playing.

Not only that, but this is the SECOND time THIS SEASON we have outplayed the Ravens with a backup QB at the helm. Add onto that that last night, we shot ourselves in the foot more than the Ravens did and still won the game.

I have no issue with this chick saying the Ravens shouldve won, but anyone acting like they should dropped 35-40 points on us is out of their mind. Our defnese is playing great right now, and the Ravens offense over the last month has been pretty bad. They really did nothing in the first game, and outside of two drives last night, did very little again. They probably shouldve won, but no chance in hell could they have put up 40 against our D right now.

If anything, the Steelers had a better chance of putting up 40 last night, when you factor in Sanders fumble that very well couldve went for a TD otherwise and Batch's INT in the endzone.

Joe Flacco and....Ashley Fox, whoever the hell that is....are either seriously overrating how good the Ravens offense is or underrating how good the Steelers defense is.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SteelerPR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Batch missing a wide open Wallace in the end zone.
Dcash4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some thoughts.

- Our defense overall has been great. Young guys like Worilds, Lewis, Cortez, Ziggy, etc all seemed to be playing very well. Cortez had some young moments, but he could be a good one. Hope Ike isnt too bad though. This defensive backfield is starting to come together nicely!

- I thought Batch had a great game. 180 from last week. Was spinning it nicely. And was smart with the football outside of that interception by Reed. Still had some misses, but overall good game.

- Did not like Haleys play calling early on. In a game like this, with a third string QB, why try a play like that reverse WR throwback? Its just not a smart play call for the situation.

- Having said that, I thought Haley made great adjustments to the play calling at the end of the first and for the whole second half. He opened up the game plan, and that's what I, personally, wanted to see.

- Other guys on here have a lot better analysis of the o-line...but i thought Beachum played very well for what he is. I know he gave up a sack (or 2?) but it looked like his initial blocking was good - just delayed plays. You cant block forever.

I know everyone else is thinking this too, but man I just want to see what this team can do healthy.
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

In this case....the Steelers and Ravens are evenly matched
Hey problem child,
"PostForum: Pittsburgh Steelers Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 pm Subject: There still a chance.
The Ravens really are a weak 9-2 team. We were clearly better than them when we played them without Ben....with him we easily win that game. Either way, that doesnt matter. Fact is, we are 6-5 ..."

How quickly we become evenly matched. They have medication for this, and its not a mild case. Wiggle
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP:

1. Heath Miller - He should be at least discussed for making the Pro-Bowl this season. Had a great effort to score that TD. One of the teams most consistent players.
2. James Harrison - He's beginning to look like the terror that opposing offenses fear. He's starting to become more of a force that we are all use to. Had a game changing play with his sack and force fumble.
3. Shaun Suisham - One of the most pleasant surprises of the season considering what happened last year. He nailed three 40+ FGs and drilled the game winner to send everyone home happy.
4. Ziggy Hood - Very noticeable throughout the game. Probably his best of the year.
5. Charlie Batch and Johnathan Dwyer able to rebound from last week - You can see on the very first time that Dwyer touched the ball he wasn't going to let last week's game affect him. His legs never stopped moving and his first NFL TD was sweet. Batch delievered the biggest win of the year so far and did just enough to spring Dwyer on his TD. His willingness to lead the way tells a lot about him.

DOWN:

1. Turnovers - The Steelers got lucky that even though they lost the turnover battle they still won. Still don't know how Sanders fumbled the ball. That play could have cost the Steelers the game.
2. Losing Ike Taylor to injury - As usual an important player goes down with an injury. It's a recurring theme this year. However, Allen did a very nice job filling in for him. With Taylor out it's time for Allen to show what he can do as a starter now.
3. Punt return unit - They didn't even average two yards per return even with Brown back.
4. Rashard Mendenhall in the doghouse - Is his career as a Steeler winding down? I don't have a problem with what Tomlin did but it speaks volumes when you don't even dress your former #1 pick RB.
5. John Harbaugh - What's the deal with the Harbawl brothers and post game handshakes?

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

Hey problem child,
"PostForum: Pittsburgh Steelers Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 pm Subject: There still a chance.
The Ravens really are a weak 9-2 team. We were clearly better than them when we played them without Ben....with him we easily win that game. Either way, that doesnt matter. Fact is, we are 6-5 ..."

How quickly we become evenly matched. They have medication for this, and its not a mild case. Wiggle

Where in that post did I ever we were better overall? I said we outplayed them and were better IN THAT GAME, and we were. Just like we were completely outplayed by them in week 1 of 2011, but we were still evenly matched overall.

Try again....nevermind, dont....youll just make yourself look stupid again. Seems to be a theme with you.

jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:

Legursky does a better job of calling line protections than Pouncey. Our pass pro was outstanding. I really wonder if Pouncey shouldn't just stay at LG for awhile. He really is a mobile guy and is best on the move.

What I think you were missing were any of the penalties by Colon. He has sat out two games and STILL leads the league for penalties by a OG.

Again I will ask, why not put DD at LG?

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
ImissEricGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

Hey problem child,

Where in that post did I ever we were better overall? I said we outplayed them and were better IN THAT GAME, and we were. Just like we were completely outplayed by them in week 1 of 2011, but we were still evenly matched overall.

Try again....nevermind, dont....youll just make yourself look stupid again. Seems to be a theme with you.
Its plainly written in BOLD, I should use it as my sig, get help!!!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Legursky does a better job of calling line protections than Pouncey. Our pass pro was outstanding. I really wonder if Pouncey shouldn't just stay at LG for awhile. He really is a mobile guy and is best on the move.

What I think you were missing were any of the penalties by Colon. He has sat out two games and STILL leads the league for penalties by a OG.

you = preaching
me = choir
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
ImissEricGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

Hey problem child,

Its plainly written in BOLD, I should use it as my sig, get help!!!

Wow....I knew you werent that bright, but I thought you could at least read plain English.

Apparently not.

jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
jebrick wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

you = preaching
me = choir

I should have said " Now you get to see what you can do with a athletic LG rather than a OG that can not see his toes."

Again. Stop the talk about DD to RG replacing a perfectly good Ramon Foster. He is a natural LG for the Steelers.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jebrick, especially considering the salary money. I'd have:

Starks-DD-Pouncey-Foster-Adams

If that isn't an awesome run-blocking and decent pass-blocking line, idk what is.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Stop the talk about DD to RG replacing a perfectly good Ramon Foster. He is a natural LG for the Steelers.

this part wasn't directed to me was it? I've been yelling for DD to be our LG for awhile unless we totally change what our LG and RG do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: