Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It has been a while but we can say.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mastercheddaar


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 5027
Location: Northeast Ohio.. Obviously
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: It has been a while but we can say..... Reply with quote

It is December and the Cleveland Browns are in the PLAYOFF hunt! Sure a bunch of teams needs to lose a bunch of games but it feels good to say it doesn't it? Cleveland Browns are in the Playoff Hunt! Dark horses straight to the superbowl lol. Very Happy

That is all

Mastercheddaar
_________________
For those that don't know:
NFL - AFC Browns, NFC Eagles
Basket Ball - Cavs
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: It has been a while but we can say..... Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
It is December and the Cleveland Browns are in the PLAYOFF hunt! Sure a bunch of teams needs to lose a bunch of games but it feels good to say it doesn't it? Cleveland Browns are in the Playoff Hunt! Dark horses straight to the superbowl lol. Very Happy

That is all

Mastercheddaar


Ok, this is weird, and I don't expect it to happen or anything...but if we were to win out, we would win a tie breaker with any other potential 8-8 team.

We would be 3-3 in the division and 7-5 in the conference. There are no other teams that COULD be 8-8 and win a tie breaker against us.

First, there is no scenario where we finish 8-8, enter into consideration for the playoffs, and it does NOT involve 3 or more teams.

If the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins finish 8-8, we win with a better conference record.

If the Steelers finish 8-8, we win by sweeping them.

If the Bengals finish 8-8, we win with a better division record.

If the Chargers finish 8-8, we win head to head.

If the Colts finish 8-8, we would have a better conference record.

If both the Titans and Colts finish 8-8, the Titans would not qualify to enter into a tie breaker with us since they would be eliminated by the Colts (division record).

If the Titans finish 8-8 and are not tied with the Colts, we still beat them with a better conference record.


Laughing Just for fun guys
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12348
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the kid from angels in the outfield says hey it could happen
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rre63


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 55
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: It has been a while but we can say..... Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
It is December and the Cleveland Browns are in the PLAYOFF hunt! Sure a bunch of teams needs to lose a bunch of games but it feels good to say it doesn't it? Cleveland Browns are in the Playoff Hunt! Dark horses straight to the superbowl lol. Very Happy

That is all

Mastercheddaar


Ok, this is weird, and I don't expect it to happen or anything...but if we were to win out, we would win a tie breaker with any other potential 8-8 team.

We would be 3-3 in the division and 7-5 in the conference. There are no other teams that COULD be 8-8 and win a tie breaker against us.

First, there is no scenario where we finish 8-8, enter into consideration for the playoffs, and it does NOT involve 3 or more teams.

If the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins finish 8-8, we win with a better conference record.

If the Steelers finish 8-8, we win by sweeping them.

If the Bengals finish 8-8, we win with a better division record.

If the Chargers finish 8-8, we win head to head.

If the Colts finish 8-8, we would have a better conference record.

If both the Titans and Colts finish 8-8, the Titans would not qualify to enter into a tie breaker with us since they would be eliminated by the Colts (division record).

If the Titans finish 8-8 and are not tied with the Colts, we still beat them with a better conference record.


Laughing Just for fun guys


thats only like 8 IFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 6174
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Adopt a Brown:
Jordan Cameron: 13 catches 250 yards 1 TD
Billy Winn: 11 tackles 1 stuff and 1 badass FG block
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42903
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pisses me off we lost vs Philly and Dallas now Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: It has been a while but we can say..... Reply with quote

rre63 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
It is December and the Cleveland Browns are in the PLAYOFF hunt! Sure a bunch of teams needs to lose a bunch of games but it feels good to say it doesn't it? Cleveland Browns are in the Playoff Hunt! Dark horses straight to the superbowl lol. Very Happy

That is all

Mastercheddaar


Ok, this is weird, and I don't expect it to happen or anything...but if we were to win out, we would win a tie breaker with any other potential 8-8 team.

We would be 3-3 in the division and 7-5 in the conference. There are no other teams that COULD be 8-8 and win a tie breaker against us.

First, there is no scenario where we finish 8-8, enter into consideration for the playoffs, and it does NOT involve 3 or more teams.

If the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins finish 8-8, we win with a better conference record.

If the Steelers finish 8-8, we win by sweeping them.

If the Bengals finish 8-8, we win with a better division record.

If the Chargers finish 8-8, we win head to head.

If the Colts finish 8-8, we would have a better conference record.

If both the Titans and Colts finish 8-8, the Titans would not qualify to enter into a tie breaker with us since they would be eliminated by the Colts (division record).

If the Titans finish 8-8 and are not tied with the Colts, we still beat them with a better conference record.


Laughing Just for fun guys


thats only like 8 IFs


Ok, the biggest IF is US going 8-8...the Titans, Jets, Bills, Dolphins, and Chargers will all likely be under 8-8.

So now we're ONLY down to 3 legit IFs Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 7017
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will make it next year if we improve a few positions.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21340
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
We will make it next year if we improve a few positions.


Definitely


Yes


So pumped we even have a thread about this
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownsfan1710


Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 1529
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Pisses me off we lost vs Philly and Dallas now Evil or Very Mad


And played a bad last four minutes against Baltimore, and Gordon's drop vs Indy? We should be an 8 win team. I don't even care. This team should have eight wins. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21340
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan1710 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Pisses me off we lost vs Philly and Dallas now Evil or Very Mad


And played a bad last four minutes against Baltimore, and Gordon's drop vs Indy? We should be an 8 win team. I don't even care. This team should have eight wins. Sad



No doubt


Frustrating
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10990
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way the Browns make the playoffs this year. Next year? It's possible. If a non-Browns fan read this thread, they'd probably laugh at us. But is it that ridiculous? The Browns could easily be 8-4 right now.

If Owen Marecic catches the ball towards the end of the first half vs. the Eagles, the Browns probably win. He dropped an easy pass which forced the Browns to punt and the Eagles scored at the end of the half. If LJ Fort comes down with the easy interception, the Browns win. If Weeden plays even below average but not horribly, the Browns probably win.

If the Browns were more experienced, they probably wouldn't have blown the lead vs. the Cowboys and the Ravens.

If Josh Gordon catches that pass vs. Indianapolis, they probably win.

Plus, I know there was at least one game where the Browns got completely screwed by the refs and probably lost the game due to them. For some reason, I can't remember which exact game I'm thinking of.

Point is, the Browns could easily be at least 6-6 or 8-4. Considering how young and inexperienced this team is, it's impressive that they're so close to having that kind of record. The fact that they're so young and inexperienced is the main reason why they lost those games.

A big problem for the Browns this year is that they have difficulty playing well on both sides of the ball for four quarters. There's times when the offense plays well, but the defense struggles. Then there's times when the defense plays well, but the offense struggles. Either that or both sides of the ball play well, but not for an entire game. It's not particularly surprising considering how inexperienced this team is. As they gain more experience, they will likely start to play well on both sides of the ball for the whole game on a more consistent basis.

Next year this team will have more experience and another offseason to address some of their needs. If they do fill those holes and some key players continue to improve, it's not that far-fetched to think the Browns could be a playoff team come next season. Especially if the other teams in the division regress.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee



Smack on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TypicalBrowns10


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 1103
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: It has been a while but we can say..... Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
It is December and the Cleveland Browns are in the PLAYOFF hunt! Sure a bunch of teams needs to lose a bunch of games but it feels good to say it doesn't it? Cleveland Browns are in the Playoff Hunt! Dark horses straight to the superbowl lol. Very Happy

That is all

Mastercheddaar


Ok, this is weird, and I don't expect it to happen or anything...but if we were to win out, we would win a tie breaker with any other potential 8-8 team.

We would be 3-3 in the division and 7-5 in the conference. There are no other teams that COULD be 8-8 and win a tie breaker against us.

First, there is no scenario where we finish 8-8, enter into consideration for the playoffs, and it does NOT involve 3 or more teams.

If the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins finish 8-8, we win with a better conference record.

If the Steelers finish 8-8, we win by sweeping them.

If the Bengals finish 8-8, we win with a better division record.

If the Chargers finish 8-8, we win head to head.

If the Colts finish 8-8, we would have a better conference record.

If both the Titans and Colts finish 8-8, the Titans would not qualify to enter into a tie breaker with us since they would be eliminated by the Colts (division record).

If the Titans finish 8-8 and are not tied with the Colts, we still beat them with a better conference record.


Laughing Just for fun guys


The colts beat us Head to Head....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17117
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: It has been a while but we can say..... Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malibuspeedrace


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 14594
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing my part
[/img]
_________________
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but go OSU.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group